Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There used to be one called Beanie who was always going on about diamond and private jets.

Reactions: 2
You must have a serious lack of self awareness if you think boasting about losing a Mercedes is ok, when there are people out there struggling to feed and clothe their kids.
I’d be very interested to know if her children really are as hyper intelligent as she claimed, too.

Reactions: 3
Ah yes I'm sure it was her that posted about her husband accidentally forgetting where he parked one of their Mercs for months. she was oh so cross. :rolleyes: So many syscophants crowing that it was a MN classic.
Was it her who posted that her husband had lied about some sort of professional qualification and ended up having everything deleted as people had worked out who she was and could have ruined him, or am I getting my (fake) royalty mixed up?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Was it her who posted that her husband had lied about some sort of professional qualification and ended up having everything deleted as people had worked out who she was and could have ruined him, or am I getting my (fake) royalty mixed up?
Omg yes I remember that now!

Reactions: 1
That sounds familiar, i do remember concerns she had been indentified and then a mass history wipe.

Xenia had been publically identified so so many times over the years but that doesn't scare her off. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That sounds familiar, i do remember concerns she had been indentified and then a mass history wipe.

Xenia had been publically identified so so many times over the years but that doesn't scare her off. :ROFLMAO:
I think Xenia is largely telling the truth about her life and career so she doesn’t care, with some exaggeration about her kids and her parenting. She’s a piece of work but I can’t see her being any different in real life somehow! LaQueen on the other hand not so much 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think Xenia is largely telling the truth about her life and career so she doesn’t care, with some exaggeration about her kids and her parenting. She’s a piece of work but I can’t see her being any different in real life somehow! LaQueen on the other hand not so much 🤣
Yes shes exactly who she said she is and i bet people in rl would recognise her immediately. But yes LeQueen and others exagerate their lives.

Its crazy now to remember back in the old days people use to have loads of photos of their kids and house on their profiless. It is so much harder now to humble brag with a lovely photo of the dog playing oh so subtlely in front of your massive house or the kids school photos with their private school uniforms on display. Now one has to frett publically over the school fees.

Reactions: 6
I think those threads should be banned. Often, it's people desperately trying to conceive, and, as you say, posters give them false hope by telling them 'YES!! I can see a line, congratulations!' I also think pregnancy testing kits should come with advice telling people not to test until their period is at least one week overdue. Sensitive pregnancy tests pick up chemical pregnancies, which again gives false hope - and also grief at the pregnancy loss when menstruation arrives bang on time.

What do you all think about the rash of threads recently, where the poster has either felt something move in her stomach, or leaked colostrum, and subsequently finds out they are 30+ weeks pregnant? There were at least 4 separate threads by different posters, over the last few months.
I found out i was pregnant at 10.5 weeks and that was shocking enough. I'm still in shock 4 years later!! Agree with everything said about MN. A hateful bunch. Wish i could quit

Reactions: 4
Recently looked at pregnancy announcements etc and a lot of threads on mumsnet came up so I had a look. Just women asking for some fun ways to tell friends or they're partners. Most comments were like 'just tell them' 'say I'm having a baby' 'why the need for the announcement' like why? These women are obviously excited yet they still have to look down on them or make them feel inferior, it's so sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Has anyone else noticed there have been loads of threads recently asking about moving to Lincolnshire?

Reactions: 1
I started reading some stuff on MN when I became pregnant as sometimes you Google an obscure question and a thread from there comes up. Some of the comments on there are so weird. Even something as supposedly innocent as baby names...occasionally a poster will say 'oh I love this name but DH doesn't' and replies will be like 'you're carrying the baby not DH so name baby what you want' or even worse I'm sure I've read 'well bear in mind DH may leave you at some point so he shouldn't get a say'... like WTF!!!

I've since had a gander at some of the AIBU or Chat threads and it's shocking. People are so horrible!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
It is the most competitive forum I've ever read, only this morning someone has asked if they're allowed to stop and sit and have a banana with their child during their exercise and posters are replying to tell her that as they regularly run marathon distances with barely a sip of water they can't see why anyone else would need to sit down. Lots of that around, 'my 2 year old has been walking 15 miles a day since he was walking so I can't see why your child can't!'

Reactions: 3
Has no one said ‘there’s too much sugar in bananas, mine only eats raw broccoli‘ yet ?

• Haha
The whole DH, DS, DD 🤮 goes through me
I was showing my partner a thread on MN one day and he said 'WTF is all that DS, DD stuff?' He was absolutely baffled and thinks most of the posters on there are batshit. He probably has a point! I think he prefers Tattle because I'm often laughing when reading it, as opposed to MN which irritates me in the exact same way as idiots do on our local Facebook pages 😆

Of course if I posted the above on MN I'd be told that him not liking the site was a sign that he was controlling and a misogynist, and that clearly I should 'LTB'!

There's currently a thread on AIBU about showering with just water, no soap. I mean, is this honestly what people do?! How would you even get yourself clean? :oops:

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.