Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was interested to see that my mumsnet bully is still, many years later, doing the same over on twitter. I never knew what she looked like on Mumsnet but she is constantly posting selfies there. Amusingly, she looks like a Bo Selecta version of Joan Collins.
Woah was your bully a "name" on MN? Sorry someone was repeatedly unkind to you. That's awful.

Reactions: 6
Woah was your bully a "name" on MN? Sorry someone was repeatedly unkind to you. That's awful.
Yes, she was a ‘name’. She was fine to me, actually helpful and gave very down-to-earth advice when I was a very young mum with no idea, then one day I lightheartedly made fun of a typo she made and that was it, she turned against me and my experience on there completely changed as a result.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I liked the thread title someone made the other day called “does anyone here actually like their husband?” and asked because it seemed everyone just complained and moaned about them all the time lol

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I liked the thread title someone made the other day called “does anyone here actually like their husband?” and asked because it seemed everyone just complained and moaned about them all the time lol
No, they don’t like their husbands. Or their mother in laws or their neighbours or work colleagues.

They’re also obsessed with perimenopause on there. Anyone who posts saying they feel unwell are told they ’might be peri’, most recently they asked a woman who was only 26 if she was peri. Lots of conditions produce similar symptoms like b12 deficiency anemia and thyroid problems. They’re never considered though funnily enough.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah I enjoyed her efforts. I remember the hotel bedroom thread with fondness. I imagine she has had many incarnations over the years, and mumsnet have just given up trying to rid the place of her, at least as this account shes fairly harmless, albeit not completely benign.
I reckon she's staff. Anyone else would be banned for much less. Same with several others who post all day long every day and are bleeping vile with it. At least Crumbs gives a good chuckle though

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m 50 and decided not to bother with a peri menopause, I’m going straight for the main event like all the generations before me in my family, age 55 😎

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Does anyone else get annoyed that they eat the same shite again and again and it’s always the same recipes 😭

Chilli con carne with little to no spices and lashings of cheese with crusty bread
The most bland spaghetti bolognese recipe I have ever seen with crusty garlic bread
Hearty warming winter stew with crusty bread

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yes, she was a ‘name’. She was fine to me, actually helpful and gave very down-to-earth advice when I was a very young mum with no idea, then one day I lightheartedly made fun of a typo she made and that was it, she turned against me and my experience on there completely changed as a result.
Funny how she never makes those spelling mistakes on Twitter isn't it? If it's the one I am thinking of.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was never brave enough to post on mumsnet but lurked 😂 they were a little kinder on Rollercoaster but only marginally no idea if it still even exists a decade later 🏄 off to check

I was never brave enough to post on mumsnet but lurked 😂 they were a little kinder on Rollercoaster but only marginally no idea if it still even exists a decade later 🏄 off to check
Was that a Bay City Roller fan site? ;)

One of my kids was diagnosed with a short-lived and happily curable illness in their early teens but I never posted on MN because I was scared people would think I was attention-seeking. I joined an online support group instead and that was much better.

Reactions: 2
Was that a Bay City Roller fan site? ;)

One of my kids was diagnosed with a short-lived and happily curable illness in their early teens but I never posted on MN because I was scared people would think I was attention-seeking. I joined an online support group instead and that was much better.
No an Irish version of MN appears to be a ghost town now! I’m old but not that old 😂

Reactions: 2
No an Irish version of MN appears to be a ghost town now! I’m old but not that old 😂
I am that old - that's why I was wondering if somehow I'd missed out on something BCR related :D :D even though the internet wasn't around when they were.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I had a thread going recently about a really important thing that had happened to us and wanted advice. After a whilst my husband was a bit pissed off I’d put it on there and I didn’t realise if someone knew us, we could actually be easily indentified. No idea what I was thinking but it was so shocking at the time I just needed advice.
Mumsnet said they couldn’t delete it as other people would be upset they’ve contributed to the thread and then it’s gone! I said I don’t give two shits yes I shouldn’t of posted so intensely about the matter but I couldn’t give a shite if someone was upset it had gone, it was our issue not entertainment for others🤦🏽‍♀️

I had a thread going recently about a really important thing that had happened to us and wanted advice. After a whilst my husband was a bit pissed off I’d put it on there and I didn’t realise if someone knew us, we could actually be easily indentified. No idea what I was thinking but it was so shocking at the time I just needed advice.
Mumsnet said they couldn’t delete it as other people would be upset they’ve contributed to the thread and then it’s gone! I said I don’t give two shits yes I shouldn’t of posted so intensely about the matter but I couldn’t give a shite if someone was upset it had gone, it was our issue not entertainment for others🤦🏽‍♀️
Anyway once I said that they agreed to delete but never again will I go on it.

Reactions: 8
I thought most Mumsnet meals consisted of large salads or dishes with lentils in them that even their strapping teenagers who were built like rugby players enjoyed. 🤣

Also the mythical MN chicken that feeds 5000 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Anyway once I said that they agreed to delete but never again will I go on it.
I think a lot of posters forget that when people post threads on there that it's a real person with problems behind the screen not a soap character designed for their amusement.

I noticed when I was on there, there was a lot of threads with overly invested posters, teams of cheerleaders egging them on and begging for updates every 5 minutes. Some of them could do with putting the laptop or phone away and spend some time in RL.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There was another wedding gift thread!

always brings out the pettiest & craziest posters who seem to live in 1950 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.