Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It shocks me how quickly some of them move on after marriage and relationship breakdowns. Obviously I’m not saying you should never move on, but moving on and moving another bloke in after less than a year is just pure madness to me.There’s no way you have properly healed and your children certainly won’t have even begun to process it properly.
I think a lot of that will be for financial reasons more than anything, if they are moving the man in.

What a weird thread, of course everyone’s telling them to just go, duck what the neighbours think 🙄

I’m getting fed up with people breaking the rules because they’re bored of them. EVERYONE is struggling, everyone is bored and frustrated, everyone’s mental health has taken a bit of a battering. If everyone adopts a duck it attitude now it’ll only push cases up and we’ll end up in lockdown for longer, it’s selfish.

Reactions: 4
AnyFucker is vile. There also used to be an equally vile poster called HullyGully.
HullyGully was awful. She was a total witch. I haven’t seen her username in ages, but if anyone starts a thread about MN Royalty and mentions her, she magically appears on it, so she’s still lurking somewhere.

Yes not part of the gang though so they didn't care what I said! Or take any notice.
I was on the Reddit threads for a while too. And despite them slagging off MN Royalty, they had their own little clique on there as well. One of them was also ex MN Royalty but she’d been banned eventually for questioning Justine. She was another well known stroppy C U Next Tuesday.

I’ve read the Any Fucker thread and the arselicking is off the scale. ‘If anyone deserves it, it’s you AF, after all the sage advice you’ve given on MN over the years’. Really?! REALLY?! Is that all it takes to get out of following the rules the rest of us have to adhere to? I wish I’d known that earlier 😑

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
HullyGully was awful. She was a total witch. I haven’t seen her username in ages, but if anyone starts a thread about MN Royalty and mentions her, she magically appears on it, so she’s still lurking somewhere.

I was on the Reddit threads for a while too. And despite them slagging off MN Royalty, they had their own little clique on there as well. One of them was also ex MN Royalty but she’d been banned eventually for questioning Justine. She was another well known stroppy C U Next Tuesday.

I’ve read the Any Fucker thread and the arselicking is off the scale. ‘If anyone deserves it, it’s you AF, after all the sage advice you’ve given on MN over the years’. Really?! REALLY?! Is that all it takes to get out of following the rules the rest of us have to adhere to? I wish I’d known that earlier 😑
If we deserved things based on wasting time on MN I would deserve a round the world 5 star trip.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
@FrannyGallops in fairness that banning was epic!!! Happened live on the site stuff thread iirc. Justine was furious.
I visited mn for something or other recently, couldn't get over it, there were videos playing all over the place. Its changed, really changed. I guess it had to, my kids are no longer babies but people still have them, I believe :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
What happened?
Justine found out live on the site stuff thread that a member had started a thread on reddit about mn, they had used a famous meme of a cockroach at a desk wearing a little tie and labelled it mumsnet complaints department. I think you had to be there, it was seriously tense, awkward and funny though.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
They are suffering a DDOS attack - thread active on MN on it now. Really poor. didn’t they have that data breach? Wonder how the premium users feel about it?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I can’t get my breath. To say they’re fond of the ‘this isn’t netmums’ claim to fame, some of the sycophants are coming across pretty netmums right now 😂

It’s very interesting that the go to response to anyone who questions the nastiness or lack of support is ‘well that’s just how things are on here’ - clearly they do possess some empathy, it’s just a shame you have to be a well known member to receive it. If you’re not, then get ready for the flaming. Horrible.

Reactions: 5
“Perhaps those vile posters would actually prefer it if AF topped herself.
Is that what you want?
Would you be happy then?
Someone is trying to preserve their sanity, so she can do a good job in what she’s been trained to do.

I don’t have a problem with that at all and I’ll be going to mine as soon as the weather picks up a bit.”

Oh my god, ‘Dowser’ is an actual psychopath.

• Wow
“Perhaps those vile posters would actually prefer it if AF topped herself.
Is that what you want?
Would you be happy then?
Someone is trying to preserve their sanity, so she can do a good job in what she’s been trained to do.

I don’t have a problem with that at all and I’ll be going to mine as soon as the weather picks up a bit.”

Oh my god, ‘Dowser’ is an actual psychopath.
Is this a quote?
Edit. Sorry I see it is.

I can’t get my breath. To say they’re fond of the ‘this isn’t netmums’ claim to fame, some of the sycophants are coming across pretty netmums right now 😂

It’s very interesting that the go to response to anyone who questions the nastiness or lack of support is ‘well that’s just how things are on here’ - clearly they do possess some empathy, it’s just a shame you have to be a well known member to receive it. If you’re not, then get ready for the flaming. Horrible.
Yeah, exactly. It’s not like AF doesn’t know how to dish it out, so for that particular thread/poster, I’m not too bothered about nastiness or lack of empathy.

It does make me larf that whenever there’s a thread on MN about Tattle, MNetters like to wade in with ‘Tattle is a cesspit’ and ‘everyone on Tattle is VILE’. Yeah, right, and MN is just a forum full of bubbles, laughter and sympathy, is it? There are some vile, well known posters on MN who just seem to wait around ready to jump on OP’s and tear them to shreds, no matter how desperate or in need of help they are.

Reactions: 14
I've just dipped into Mumsnet and there's this bonkers thread in AIBU: "how long we can keep this going before it gets deleted"
They're all just throwing random words around and rabbiting on about boilers. I think they all have too much time on their hands... Are they all right?

• Haha
I've just dipped into Mumsnet and there's this bonkers thread in AIBU: "how long we can keep this going before it gets deleted"
They're all just throwing random words around and rabbiting on about boilers. I think they all have too much time on their hands... Are they all right?
Just had a look 😲 I think they’ve reach maximum in lockdown!

• Haha
Have you ever read such a load of fawning bullshit in all your life as this post from Beefcurtains79?

‘I’m going to say this in general rather than address individual posters who’ve bleated about fawning or crowning etc

AF is a regular yup.

She’s ‘known’ yup

She also puts way way way more than most of you will ever know. I don’t know ANY of you bleaters, you’ve probably contributed nothing of any value to anyone. Not paid in, not given back. Nothing.

So before you get all mean girls, bitter and jealous take a looong look in the mumsnet mirror.

Do you pm people asking them just how they are? Do you ask people going through hell if they’re ok? Or congratulate them on getting out of an abusive relationship? Offer them a manly punch on the shoulder and a chin up love?

No? Then pipe the duck down.

Af can stand up for herself, absolutely but she’s kind and caring to others, struggling Internet strangers, and if she’s struggling, ffs.

Ask yourself if your mean little comments are of any help at all.

If you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing.

Wow. And just to clarify, it’s others who are ‘mean girls’?’

Which roughly translates as, yes AnyFucker is long term poster and part of the Mumsnet Hierarchy and inner circle, and therefore can do what she likes and you lot aren’t part of our gang so why don’t you duck off.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.