Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MonkeyTennis

Probably a dumb question but how many real members does it have?

For instance, say if they had 10 million registered members but as you know a lot of people name change a lot for various reasons. Are they counting the same person twice and that pushes up the numbers?

It's just so often l see the same old members dishing it out and a lot of people who are regulars say they have changed their username.

Reactions: 1

XXSJPXX

The transphobia on there is so shocking as well. They can hide it all they like, but it’s obvious that because they hate men so much they assume that because trans women used to be men they are all out to rape and murder us.

Things they hate on Mumsnet

Men
Trans people
Teachers

Anything else?
I was on Babycentre but it was the same there lol i think they hate their own lives tbh.

letitallout

I never used it but was directed to the softzilla thread once which was entertaining. Anyone know what the eventual outcome was there?

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
The transphobia on there is so shocking as well. They can hide it all they like, but it’s obvious that because they hate men so much they assume that because trans women used to be men they are all out to rape and murder us.

Things they hate on Mumsnet

Men
Trans people
Teachers

Anything else?

Last edited:

Helen

Administrator
I think it's time to close this thread.

We could have a discussion about mumsnet the company - report to get it reopened if Justine starts emotive begging or something again.

But I don't think talking about mumsnet posters will yield anything good. It's a site infamous for trolls and winding people up. Best to ignore these people and not give them the attention they crave.

Tend to your own garden springs to mind.

sixdinnersid83

Chatty Member
I was just going to say the same 🤣 Someone will post about a vile, toxic, narcissistic mother (for example) and without fail someone else will say ‘at least you still have a mum. Mine’s been dead 5 years and I’d do anything to have them back 😢
That one is on Reddit isn’t she? Every other post is about her dead husband. It’s sad but she kind of dominates everything.

DuckDuck

VIP Member
primarks not open :( desperate for new leggings
Yes !! I popped into town last week , can't remember the last time I went into town and was like * primark is shut * .. I even rang the man and said * primark is shut * he was like ...errrrr yeah like it wasnt a surprise, I didnt even realise cos it seems every bastard shop is open apart from pubs and restaurants

Milfordcubicle

VIP Member
I went on mumsnet when pregnant with my now 10yo.
it was genuinely great as a parenting site back in the day, and helped me through my divorce.
There were some really funny threads in classics.
However in the last few years it has become so woke.
I like the less populated boards if you have a genuine query.

Also, what’s the bollocks about MN royalty?

i used to discuss Harry and Meghan on there, which led me to tattle (my happy place!)

ps. Really showing my age, but I started off on a Handbag.com.

( I haven’t even checked if it’s still around)
I was a handbagger too! #old

• Heart

Furnessian

VIP Member
Ooh who? I was on there for years , I remember all the old Mumsnet Royalty 🧐

I wouldn't like to say but sometimes her work-related tweets get into my timeline and I wonder how thick you have to be to post stuff like that in a public forum. Only takes one complaint or a colleague who's not keen on you to notice. I should mute or block really, but happily I don't have any hard feelings towards her now, I'm just glad I'm not like her.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Weddings are like a summons to me, I'd probably have been straight in to that one giving my opinions. Alas and alack I'm a retired mumsnetter.

• Haha
My schools sold us crisps at breaktime!

When we went to the school induction the deputy head suggested a bag of crisps as a break time snack. I remember when they had a healthy eating awareness week and a bit of fruit was suggested for playtime snacks...by the Thursday my kids decided they’d had enough fruit and took in crisps again.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Do you remember the aunty thread, with the young fella that came out? That was pretty weird.
There were fun threads like the zoo poster and cancel the check was a bit of a laugh until it wasn't.
I will always remember with fondness penetration man. Pen is beaker was just boke!

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Anything that ends in ‘Zilla’ is usually nonsense, there was soft play one I think and another about being asked to drive someone to a boob job ?? Also a thread about a neighbour complaining about puddles ran for months if I remember rightly
I can’t believe Softzilla was a fake 😭😭 fuming haha

Belulah

VIP Member
There was a thread about how working class people dress their children neat to prove themselves and how middle class people don't care and they were falling over each other to say how scruffy their children were!
I think about that a lot! My child currently will only wear dresses which means dresses to the park and dresses to the woods and dresses to the beach which drives me bananas but according to MN that makes us middle class!

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
‘An outdoor performance for babies’?! I mean what fucking planet do these people live on?!