Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The cup of tea/dinner tea is such a source of debate on MN yet I can’t imagine a scenario where this would ever occur for it to be such an issue. Presumably, unless you are at a family or a friends house or have gone there specifically to eat, it’s unlikely that someone you hardly know is going to ask you to sit down and have an evening meal with them. And if it’s someone you do know then surely it’s just along the lines of:

“Do you want some tea?”
“I’m not really hungry, thanks.”
“I meant a cup of tea.”
“Oh, haha! Go on then, I wouldn’t say no.”

Reactions: 4
The cup of tea/dinner tea is such a source of debate on MN yet I can’t imagine a scenario where this would ever occur for it to be such an issue. Presumably, unless you are at a family or a friends house or have gone there specifically to eat, it’s unlikely that someone you hardly know is going to ask you to sit down and have an evening meal with them. And if it’s someone you do know then surely it’s just along the lines of:

“Do you want some tea?”
“I’m not really hungry, thanks.”
“I meant a cup of tea.”
“Oh, haha! Go on then, I wouldn’t say no.”
Yeah, it’s not a linguistic misunderstanding that’s going to take long to clarify is it? 🤣

Reactions: 3
There was a thread about how working class people dress their children neat to prove themselves and how middle class people don't care and they were falling over each other to say how scruffy their children were!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Has anyone seen that thread where the OP is saying her ex boyfriend has been accused of rape? Bloody hell there’s so many posters on there who are stating incorrect facts about police procedures like it’s the truth, it really gets my goat because they are so confident about it and it could influence what the OP does. One of the most vocal as per usual is someone who is on every thread and always shooting her gob off about stuff she knows nothing about.

Reactions: 5
I’ve just noticed a post where someone is suggesting that people breaking coronavirus travel abroad rules should get points on their driving licence. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Has anyone seen that thread where the OP is saying her ex boyfriend has been accused of rape? Bloody hell there’s so many posters on there who are stating incorrect facts about police procedures like it’s the truth, it really gets my goat because they are so confident about it and it could influence what the OP does. One of the most vocal as per usual is someone who is on every thread and always shooting her gob off about stuff she knows nothing about.
One of the many reasons I stopped posting on Mumsnet was gobshites telling me I was speaking shite when I was giving (free) advice in my professional field. You know, the one I'm qualified and experienced in? And actually know what I'm talking about?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
One of the many reasons I stopped posting on Mumsnet was gobshites telling me I was speaking shite when I was giving (free) advice in my professional field. You know, the one I'm qualified and experienced in? And actually know what I'm talking about?
totally, i dont bother because youd get some twit following you around the boards no doubt!!
I do admit i only go there to read certain threads now, theres too much i dont like about it!

Reactions: 4
I’ve just posted on the one where a members mother comes round for lunch and most of the time , including today , proceeds to get lunch there and deliberately rubs it into the carpet with her feet and laughing , today’s offering for the carpet was pork pie ... the thread was pulled but it was called ‘shall I make her pay for carpet cleaner ‘ .. she’s been doing this regularly apparently she’s 63 ... bleeping hell , never mind carpet cleaner this is been going on for donkeys ... she needs mental health assessment and the daughter was more concerned about wether to charge for carpet cleaner ! Oh and proceeded to state it was autistic traits . Jesus bleeping wept
I don’t believe this is true .. bleeping mental

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve just posted on the one where a members mother comes round for lunch and most of the time , including today , proceeds to get lunch there and deliberately rubs it into the carpet with her feet and laughing , today’s offering for the carpet was pork pie ... the thread was pulled but it was called ‘shall I make her pay for carpet cleaner ‘ .. she’s been doing this regularly apparently she’s 63 ... bleeping hell , never mind carpet cleaner this is been going on for donkeys ... she needs mental health assessment and the daughter was more concerned about wether to charge for carpet cleaner ! Oh and proceeded to state it was autistic traits . Jesus bleeping wept
I don’t believe this is true .. bleeping mental
That has to be made up 😂 Now I’m off to have a read...

Reactions: 1
There was a thread about how working class people dress their children neat to prove themselves and how middle class people don't care and they were falling over each other to say how scruffy their children were!
I think about that a lot! My child currently will only wear dresses which means dresses to the park and dresses to the woods and dresses to the beach which drives me bananas but according to MN that makes us middle class!

There’s a new thread on there with someone complaining about their 60 year old neighbours getting a hot tub. The OP is getting absolutely slaughtered ! They love a hot tub or a parking thread on mumsnet.
With a diagram! Any parking posts have to have the accompanying diagram.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
With a diagram! Any parking posts have to have the accompanying diagram.
I will admit to starting that. Years ago someone new started a parking thread and I posted it was against the rules to post a parking thread without a diagram. I was only joking but it stuck. <proud>

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I will admit to starting that. Years ago someone new started a parking thread and I posted it was against the rules to post a parking thread without a diagram. I was only joking but it stuck. <proud>
awesome 😂

Just makes me laugh with the whole “name changed, can’t tell you the time of day as may be outing, can’t tell you what hobby we were going to attend, but here, have a diagram of the entire layout of mine and my neighbours house, complete with boundaries and fences”

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There's yet another thread on there, with photos, asking posters to guess her age. Silly woman has 1987 as part of her username so it's pretty obvious she's 33. It still hasn't stopped people from saying mid-40's.

I seriously don't get this - why would anyone seek validation from an anonymous forum? Ask your friends, your family, your workmates. Or try not to give a tit about how old you look! It's pathetic attention-seeking. At least she doesn't claim to be ID'd every time she buys alcohol though ;)

Reactions: 7
There's yet another thread on there, with photos, asking posters to guess her age. Silly woman has 1987 as part of her username so it's pretty obvious she's 33. It still hasn't stopped people from saying mid-40's.

I seriously don't get this - why would anyone seek validation from an anonymous forum? Ask your friends, your family, your workmates. Or try not to give a tit about how old you look! It's pathetic attention-seeking. At least she doesn't claim to be ID'd every time she buys alcohol though ;)
I always side eye those posts and think they’re actually posting pictures of people they know that they don’t like, in order to attract hopefully “mean” guesses and comments

Reactions: 7
My schools sold us crisps at breaktime!

When we went to the school induction the deputy head suggested a bag of crisps as a break time snack. I remember when they had a healthy eating awareness week and a bit of fruit was suggested for playtime snacks...by the Thursday my kids decided they’d had enough fruit and took in crisps again.
Same. High school was donuts, crisps, pop, cakes and chocolate all sold in the canteen. Same at lunchtime alongside the school dinners which were chips with chips and a side of chips 🤪
My primary school, I can't believe I remember this, you could get 2 biscuits..plain ones like malted milk, nice or digestives, and a cup of diluted orange for 30p.

Oh yes, nuts are a no no! Completely understand that. Did anyone know a child allergic to nuts when they were kids?
Its more the no crisps rule and such, imagine if your employer vetoed your lunch.
I just remember one boy who must have been lactose intollerant as when we had milk time he would have a juice drink like a capri sun or something.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.