Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a lot of posters forget that when people post threads on there that it's a real person with problems behind the screen not a soap character designed for their amusement.

I noticed when I was on there, there was a lot of threads with overly invested posters, teams of cheerleaders egging them on and begging for updates every 5 minutes. Some of them could do with putting the laptop or phone away and spend some time in RL.
Lockdown seems to have made it worse. Unless the thread is clearly made up, then eagerly and excitedly asking for updates every hour, especially when it's to do with illness or injury, are intrusive and unnecessary.

The posters that get their tits in a tangle about ludicrous romances (I fancy my doctor/my son's teacher/the Amazon delivery driver/the builder/my next door neighbour) who then get the frequent and more and more ridiculous updates they've been begging for, then are all upset to find out the story they've been following avidly has been taken down for being a crock of tit. Those are the people who need to read a book or watch a film and enjoy some genuine fiction.

Reactions: 10
There was another wedding gift thread!

always brings out the pettiest & craziest posters who seem to live in 1950 🤣
I saw this one.
And responses are awful everyone saying they hate wedding anyway. Bunch of miserable c##nts.
I am literally chomping on the bit to get to my friends wedding in August. A big duck off party after 18 months of lock down yes please!

Reactions: 6
Weddings are like a summons to me, I'd probably have been straight in to that one giving my opinions. Alas and alack I'm a retired mumsnetter.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
‘An outdoor performance for babies’?! I mean what bleeping planet do these people live on?!

And where in the UK are they? It's been raining non-stop here. No tutu-wearing kids dancing around the fields. No bum shuffling babies looking cute. I am glad MNHQ removed the disablist terminology she used though.
What words did she use? I missed what she said originally. Im calling another bullshit thread here.

Reactions: 1
What words did she use? I missed what she said originally. Im calling another bullshit thread here.
She said the bloke looked at her baby with a moronic idiotic expression, like he thought her son was a cretin.
3 disablist slurs in one sentence which she's now denying because MNHQ edited her OP.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She said the bloke looked at her baby with a moronic idiotic expression, like he thought her son was a cretin.
3 disablist slurs in one sentence which she's now denying because MNHQ edited her OP.
Almost like she was goading them then…

I have to be honest though that I had no idea that ‘moron’ was disablist slur until I went on Mumsnet.

Reactions: 5
I just think they hate men on there.
No matter what the thread is about the man is always the problem. He's definately cheating even if it's nothing to do with that at all, and he's definately abusive whatever is happening.
They think all men are abusers. It's the answer on most threads.
Yet if a woman is even admitting being abusive they still blame the man and say its his fault. If its a woman cheating then it's his fault somehow as well. Yet they'd be outraged at it the other way round.
Its bizarre.

I remember reading a thread on there by someone asking if it was ok to use the men's toilets if the ladies was busy. A lot of posters said they did use the men's toilets and it was fine.

You can bet your bottom dollar, they'd be up in arms if a man used the ladies toilets.

Reactions: 6
I just think they hate men on there.
No matter what the thread is about the man is always the problem. He's definately cheating even if it's nothing to do with that at all, and he's definately abusive whatever is happening.
They think all men are abusers. It's the answer on most threads.
Yet if a woman is even admitting being abusive they still blame the man and say its his fault. If its a woman cheating then it's his fault somehow as well.
Its bizarre.
Interestingly, there’s been a couple of threads on there from the reverse in the past week. A woman grabbed her partner and pulled him off the sofa, then slapped his face and everyone was in support of her, saying they would have done the same and it’s ‘different’ when women do it to men. I’m as feminist as they come (and I probably do hate men lol) but violence is violence and inexcusable from both sides, imo. Then there’s a thread running at the moment where the OP is finding her partner repulsive because he’s put weight on over lockdown and is trying to get him to diet and posters are telling her it’s ok, it’s all about his ‘health’ and it’s fine if she finds him totally disgusting these days. Just imagine what the replies would have been if it had been a man posting about how his wife was now a fat mess. There would be uproar.

• Heart
Idiot, moron and cretin were all used as terms to described neurodivergent people. That's why it's disablist. The village idiot of the olden days was most probably mentally ill. Cretin, I think, was a condition related to a lack of thyroid hormone during pregnancy causing low intellect. Same with moron - a person who was not bright.
<gets off soap box>

Reactions: 2
In the style and beauty section everyone seems OBSESSED with Seasalt. I'd never heard of it till Mumsnet, checked out the site and the clothes are the most banal, insipid, mumsy boring clothes you could imagine. Yet they all rave about it?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
In the style and beauty section everyone seems OBSESSED with Seasalt. I'd never heard of it till Mumsnet, checked out the site and the clothes are the most banal, insipid, mumsy boring clothes you could imagine. Yet they all rave about it?
I was a child of the 80s, so too young for them then, but the Seasalt sandals look exactly like what my older cousins wore in the 70s.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.