Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I too came here after being invited following the jack monroe deletion. And now I just get frustrated when I can't "like" posts over on MN 😂

Reactions: 2
The only time I ever read anything from Mumsnet is when it's posted by Mumsnet Madness on Twitter. Hilarious snippets of some of the crazy posts. I hope however runs that page pays the sub so I don't miss out 😂

Reactions: 4
The only time I ever read anything from Mumsnet is when it's posted by Mumsnet Madness on Twitter. Hilarious snippets of some of the crazy posts. I hope however runs that page pays the sub so I don't miss out 😂
I used to love Mumsnet Madness but I unfollowed. I hated all the comments. So many of them were along the lines of women being crazy, mothers being boring and stupid. Was a shame as it ruined something really hilarious.

I am not a Mum and don’t have children but I did used to enjoy browsing AIBU.

I know that Mumsnet are saying that they are only charging due to coronavirus, but it strikes me as very convenient timing. I wonder whether they were going to start charging anyway and that this is the perfect time to introduce that as less people will question it. The way I understand it, you now have to pay to use the website. Please correct me if I am wrong though.

Is it me or is Mumsnet viscous? I’ve posted a few times on there, nothing unreasonable, and the commenters just attack! And they have the cheek to moan about Tattle being “bullying”
OP, I take it you mean “vicious”?

You don’t even need to be posting an issue about your husband for them to tell you to leave him 😂😂 We were having issues with my step daughter a couple of years ago and out of sheer desperation for an objective opinion I made a post there. Won’t make that mistake again 😳

within an hour of posting it, id been told I was a cow, a horrible step mother, that my husband was a bad father, that he was probably still sleeping with his ex and that I should leave him because they thought he was a terrible father and that I should be reported to social services for allowing my kids to be around him

(FYI, all I posted was that his then 12yo daughter had stopped coming over when she was supposed to come for contact as she wanted to be with her mates at mums house instead and we were torn whether to leave her be, or try and be more proactive at getting her to come over!)

never went back on!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
You don’t even need to be posting an issue about your husband for them to tell you to leave him 😂😂 We were having issues with my step daughter a couple of years ago and out of sheer desperation for an objective opinion I made a post there. Won’t make that mistake again 😳

within an hour of posting it, id been told I was a cow, a horrible step mother, that my husband was a bad father, that he was probably still sleeping with his ex and that I should leave him because they thought he was a terrible father and that I should be reported to social services for allowing my kids to be around him

(FYI, all I posted was that his then 12yo daughter had stopped coming over when she was supposed to come for contact as she wanted to be with her mates at mums house instead and we were torn whether to leave her be, or try and be more proactive at getting her to come over!)

never went back on!
You’re a step mother? Then it doesn’t matter what you was posting about on MN - you’re wrong! You were in the queue at Tesco and a man came up and took something out of your trolley and then punched you when you said something? You probably deserved it for being so awful to your step children. Home wrecker! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
You’re a step mother? Then it doesn’t matter what you was posting about on MN - you’re wrong! You were in the queue at Tesco and a man came up and took something out of your trolley and then punched you when you said something? You probably deserved it for being so awful to your step children. Home wrecker! 😂
😂😂😂 yes you are completely right. I was told it was mine and my daughters fault that his daughter didn’t want to come over And that I need to remember I’m not his daughters mother....... I’m well aware of that! me not being her mother didnt change the issue we were having tho!

I thought it would be a good place to get an objective opinion because everyine in real life was too involved and the actual issue was getting pushed to the side because of other stuff being brought up. I was very wrong! As someone else said. It’s a complete nest of vipers!

I’m new here too and totally agree about Mumsnet. In fact I was only thinking yesterday when I was reading the ‘what’s the most embarrassing thing you have done while drunk’ thread.....if that had been asked on Mumsnet within a minute the Head Girl would have stomped on the thread saying how it was disgusting to drink more than a glass of sherry a year, you are obviously alcoholics, your kids need taking off you, your husband should leave you yadda yadda yadda

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I used to be on there. Got really fed up with the ancient forum. Got fed up with the nastiness. I felt I couldn’t post or even dare start a thread as I would be ripped a new one. Everyone on there is always ready to pounce.

Final straw came when they asked for a fiver a month - with no benefit to the user. Bizarre.

Oh and some of the moderators are cunts *cough* Michael.

Reactions: 3
The first thread I read there was a woman wanting to do a Burlesque routine at her wedding. Realised I knew the person from somewhere else 🙈.

I dip in and out of Scotsnet as it’s handy for exam times but as they were cancelled this year, there’s nowt to really read.

mumsnet is a bloody nightmare. I went through a lot of parenting sites but mumsnet was the worst. Someone called me selfish for putting my son through cancer treatment. Never went back after that.

Babycentre was alright but I never got into it as much. My birth board was pretty dramatic but I learned not to take it seriously.
I hated mumsnet and really hated the baby centre message boards. Full of rude, sanctimonious cows with pack mentality. Waiting to brag how brilliant and moral they are. I Used to spend all my time arguing with people on there 😂

I find on Tattle you mostly get a better class of person wanting to actually discuss opinions and thoughts, rather than be pedantic just for the sake of it. Not bad for a bunch of Trolls eh 😜

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The thing is, MN crops up at the top of Google every time you search something - you can't escape it! I was on there for maybe 18 months, and I felt like participating impacted me in a negative way. Don't get me wrong, I did find some of the stuff funny, and the drama-filled CF threads were always good to follow. It wasn't until coming on here that I realised most of those were probably fake!

I think the worst of it is realising the amount of women in hopeless situations, DV or their partner cheating and they've got no job or access to money etc, that stuff used to make me feel awful. Then you'd get some cretin come along and tear them a new one, and that was okay because 'it's AIBU' and you shouldn't be supportive because 'we don't say hun, write kisses or send virtual hugs, this isn't Netmums' or whatever? It did make me cringe how people sucked up to posters like BertrandRussell and Bluntness100 when 99 times out of 100 I thought they were talking absolute shite. I also hated how they'd delete threads, and moderate too heavily. Tattle is so much better for that alone!

I'm in agreement with others about how Mumsnet has changed and gotten so bitchy and nasty. Especially in the last 5 years. It has been helpful for me in regards to my daughters but it's the not-needed bitchiness

Also I hope this comment is okay to make and probably will be taken down, but what I don't like about Mumsnet is the constant moany/bitchy posts against Brits or England. Especially recently, there's been multiple threads on England/English people all quite negative and I think that's wrong because if the shoe was on the other foot it would cause an uproar when racism is erong on all angles. In the past week on AIBU at least there's been two threads about how crap England is...

Reactions: 5
...there's been multiple threads on England/English people all quite negative and I think that's wrong because if the shoe was on the other foot it would cause an uproar when racism is erong on all angles.
The West, and UK maybe more so, has a long history of cultural self-criticism rooted in the renaissance/enlightenment that isn't to be found elsewhere.

With social media, SJW outrage and virtue signalling has become fashionable, and fuelled by an increasingly left-wing MSM more interested in advertising revenue than in factual, well-rounded reporting, the need to be seen to self-flagellate in public is a now a requirement of any "correct thinking" political poseur.

I don't recognise the country these people live in, which seems to be a cross between the American south of the antebellum and Nazi Germany circa 1936.

Reactions: 5
There's a long running thread on mums chat about mumsnet which is quite interesting. This asking for money for their 350k a month wage bill after they've made millions in profit for years from selling data and advertising is the cherry on the top.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.