Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Velvet_Teddy

It actually arrived about an hour after my post this morning! I got the ‘good morning’ one and it smells nice but the throw is poor. The concrete vessel is lighter in weight than I expected. I do quite like it but it’s got a strange glazed finish which has caused some of the grey packing tissue paper to stick to it and I can’t be bothered to scrape anymore off. There were 2 little square wax melt samples included in the ‘book of shadows’ scent and it’s a pleasant smell, but super weak so I’m not expecting much from them. I wouldn’t order again since there’s cheaper candles/melts with way nicer and more intense scents. All in all, I took one for the team and would recommend that no one else bothers 😅

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I love that she uses yorkshire as a marketing gimmick... "hand poured in yorkshire"... when she's spent the last 15 years faking a non-yorkshire accent and pretending she is American but now she's a yorkshire ambassador?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

boopthatnose

Chatty Member
Careful you lot. Mention Botox 3 times in a row and Mik will whoosh out of an empty Monster can in a cloud of toxic candle fumes and make a reel about how absolutely everyone is adamant she must have had Botox but she hasn't. 👻

• Haha
Reactions: 21

evoway13

VIP Member
WTF is she talking about???? Paracetamol is also known as acetaminophen ( N-acetyl-para-aminophenol)......no Mik, you haven't discovered a 'wonder drug' from the US :rolleyes: ......and the whole Ibuprofen vs paracetamol - one being milder than the other etc etc. You cannot compare ibuprofen to paracetamol as they work in different ways.....paracetamol can lower pyrexia a small amount but, Ibuprofen works better. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen can be prescribed together..........acetaminophen is not banned in the UK either........a few flu remedies containing a mix of paracetamol AND other drugs were banned due to the risk of overdosing .....I can't remember which ones from the top of my head.

So now, you've given your audience a whole lecture on medication you obviously know sweet FA about.........WELL DONE!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
What would she do workwise? I can't believe her current job gives her a great deal of transferable skills?

I'll probably get shot (terrible choice of wording) down for this but.... why would she even WANT to? Abortion, gun laws, school shootings, homophobia, racism, healthcare.... i genuinely don't see the appeal

• Heart
Reactions: 19

evoway13

VIP Member
Oh f**k !!! I’ve just remembered that we’re about to be treated to ‘it’s time for it to reappear’ - with the Lego Christmas intro 😳

• Haha
  • Sick

ShellySausage

Her rant about the school run winds me up! My kid goes to the same school as Milo, I’ve seen her multiple times, the reason she finds it so stressful is because she is too lazy to park and walk, she will literally drive until a space comes free. Everyone knows to avoid the school street like the plague at pick up/drop off as it’s horrific!! The next street is a few minutes walk away and is easily accessible. She obviously doesn’t even get out the car.

• Wow
  • Sad

boopthatnose

Chatty Member
I really don't know what she sees when she looks at things but it always just seems to be what she wishes it was rather than the reality. As usual, the reality is just some not quite matching clothes she's patched together from vinted that needed a good iron or a steam before wearing, grubby makeup and hair, no bra and she'll whack on one of her designer bags that really just look like fakes because they don't match with what she wears at all. I really don't understand how you can have just had your hair done and yet again it already looks like the roots need doing and as though it needs a good toner run through it. A good haircut would suit her hair type and not need to be flipped around endlessly just to try to get it to give...something.

It's not giving Carrie Bradshaw in Paris or rich 'step-mom' half her age, it honestly just looks like she'd been out all night in those clothes and is doing the walk of shame in the daylight.

Poor Ella too, having her photos plastered to thousands by her mum when she's uncomfortable with it and clearly doesn't like having her picture taken. What 'real world lesson' is there to learn from this other than not to trust your narcissist of a mother who doesn't validate your feelings or respect your autonomy because she's too busy begging internet strangers for likes and wanting to show off that she imagines she looks younger than she really does.

Reactions: 18

Strange

Going into a candle and wax melt business at this time is not a good idea. So many brands were created in covid and then dropped. But a lot of the ones created in covid were by chancers and people that didn't know what they were doing. (e.g. didn't know about clp) For some reason, everyone decided they wanted to make their own business and wax melt/candles were the most popular forte. Of course, most of covid wax melt businesses don't exist anymore, because people realised it wasn't easy to make good products, stand out from the rest, offer something different nor was it a fast money maker that people expected. It required effort and hard work. People thought it would be a piece of piss and they'd rake it in. They quickly learnt differently.

It hurt the community as a whole, because a lot of the newbies products were not good. It changed the pricing that people who've been in business for years could charge as the covid sellers were selling them for what must have been a loss. Not many people were going to pay 3.25 for 50g of wax, when other people are offering 1.50. Even though 1.50 product was trash. But people wanted to support new business and got burnt. Some people even had the whole "they've taken my money and haven't sent me anything." palaver.

I've also seen a lot of businesses that were going for years close their doors over the past two years, because it's no longer workable. And these had brilliant products with decent fanbase and repeat customers. It's just with the cost of living and inflation, there just isn't £££ to spend on frivolous wax melts anymore. I love wax melts, but I don't need them to live. Even a company that I love who've had over 30000 orders are closing their doors at the end of the years, which is really sad. They've been in business for 5+ years. And now it's coming to an end.

So the wax melts and candles business is going through a lot atm. Not many business are surviving. Some of them are only surviving because a full wage is coming into the household from someone else. And more will close. It isn't getting any cheaper to live is it, so no fun money to play with.

Not that I expect Mik to know any of this, because she won't have done the research. But it is really not a good time to start a business.

I wonder how much money Mik has spent, I know quite a few people order oils from different suppliers to test out. Then you've got to test your wax and formula. But Mik won't have done that. Mik botched it. You can tell because she's already destroyed her kitchen with concrete. And concrete should've never been an option as it's heavy. I know some people keep their wax melts small so it can fit in your letterbox, which makes postage quite cheap.

Bloody concrete! I'm still in shock that no one said "No. That is not a good idea." And mixing it in your house and garden despite knowing nothing about how to handle it and protect yourself/your stuff.

Last edited:
  • Heart

alphabetadelta

VIP Member
If wankee candle isn’t chosen for the new thread in 37 pages time it will be a travesty.

She is covering up at any opportunity for someone that is convinced she is the same weight as she was when had milo.

• Haha
  • Heart
It grates on me that she tries to use yorkshire as a usp #yorkshirecandles #yorkshiresmallbusiness. If ever there was anyone who was an embassador for Yorkshire, it's NOT her. Yorkshire is a beautiful massive county with lots to do, see and visit. The dales, moors, coast.... all that American wannabe visits is meadow hall. And as for "small business" as someone who proudly boasts of being a "chain restaurant person" and who never seems to shop local/independent she's a massive hypocrite. Don't get me started on her bizarre attempt to hide her Yorkshire accent.

• Heart
  • Haha

zebby

VIP Member
What is she on about? She hasn't even been diagnosed with anything yet!
This pisses me right off - I have a moderate brain injury but I never let it affect my parenting skills. I'm forgetful, get brain fog etc, but I never forgot to pick my kids up. I make lists, I have multiple reminders on my phone, if it's not on my planner then you can expect me to forget it, so I document everything. But then again, I have a proper diagnosis, not a TikTok diagnosis.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

IrishName

VIP Member
Mikhila McDaid #18 Her haircuts always look the same, somehow her undiagnosed ADHD is to blame

• Haha
Reactions: 17