Mikhila McDaid #17 Fine Hair & Lots Of It

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm guessing this is the reason she's desperate to keep WFH status and not have to go into the office - she can skive off when she's at home and does the bare minimum with nobody calling her out because she can get it done on her own time or at 1am with a can of monster or something ridiculous.

She's spent a small fortune on this trying to push it through as an established business and make it bigger and bigger in a matter of weeks - a huge bespoke metal sign for (her first ever) craft fair stand in Doncaster - talk about running before you can walk. I hope she (or a Tattler) puts some pictures of the stand up somewhere, she'll have spent the last few months accumulating and wasting money on 'props' and things for it. Should be fascinating to see it all come together (or not) given the candle themes are all over the place and she has form for throwing money at every whim and it still ending up a total mess.

It started off with some sort of brand at least, minimalist lifestyle fragrances and within a fortnight she's on about doing barbie candles and novelty book of shadows candles with pots that look like they belong on a dungeons and dragons tabletop. As I said, it'll be interesting to see how it all looks plonked on a table on a dingy day in Donny.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Well Mik certainly pulled the short straw when it comes to their ‘candol’ business. She gets to feck about with concrete and wax until the wee small hours, trash the house (and her hands) and all her mate seems to do is screech annoyingly when a sale comes in, then post them out. Winner!
Can't help wonder if that's because karen was railroaded into this!

I'm shocked by the state of her house. All that fuss about "moving into the rest of the house" and now they're back to having the same limited living space as she did when she shared with her parents. Where do they all eat? Do they not have family meals? Can't understand why she wouldn't just fix the shed up as a temporary workshop
---
I'm assuming mik is on holiday for the craft fayre?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Surely you want to see a candle lighting up your room, ie., through glass, set those bloody things burning and you're gonna see nowt, just an ugly lump of concrete!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Omg! Her kitchen\ dining area is a Mess! Why doesn't she use her shed instead. Where does the family eat?
Selfish women. Manic .

Omg! Her kitchen\ dining area is a Mess! Why doesn't she use her shed instead. Where does the family eat?
Selfish women. Manic .
If she wasn’t so obnoxious I’d feel sorry for her she seems in a manic state?!

yes the shed is surely the natural place to convert to the workshop…. But this is Mik
---
Mental…

to summarise - we were manic and bored so we made some candles and concrete

9F0F3D96-24B1-44FA-BE94-BDE193AE631D.png

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I love that she uses yorkshire as a marketing gimmick... "hand poured in yorkshire"... when she's spent the last 15 years faking a non-yorkshire accent and pretending she is American but now she's a yorkshire ambassador?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
What on earth is that photo in front of closed curtains like she is some glamour star? She really sees some one different in the mirror to what we all see.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
What on earth is that photo in front of closed curtains like she is some glamour star? She really sees some one different in the mirror to what we all see.
Meet the makers, yet the photo is only a silhouette of herself with a saggy bun, staring up at a curtain rod? Wouldn’t try a nice photo of the pair of you, hair broshed, makeop on, wearing clean clothes? No, ok.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Haha, I laughed at the photo too. Guessing it's Mik's idea of "arty". Not sure I need to know the background of the makers anyway. I'd be more interested in reading about how they select scents, what's unique about their offer or some other kind of selling point other than "we were bored at work and fancied a side hustle".
Agree also on the unrelated to the product memes and dirty hands stories on the candle page. Would you want to buy an item you've seen being handled with absolutely filthy hands?
Also sanding with no face mask, or gloves, sat in her house. A workshop or the shed would be far more appropriate for such messy work. My neighbour does leather work and has set up a spare room as a studio to work from (less messy than concrete!) but Mik's already commandeered this for her "cloffice" hasn't she?

• Haha
Sorry, it's blurry (paused vid, tried twice) but the end of the shelf over-reaches the hinge of the door so they won't be able to bi-fold this end then any more...

1F917DF4-D31E-40F6-B008-4243E5B628CB.jpeg

545806AE-F738-481B-B5BB-C128D1E58ABA.jpeg

Reactions: 3
If she wasn’t so obnoxious I’d feel sorry for her she seems in a manic state?!

yes the shed is surely the natural place to convert to the workshop…. But this is Mik
---
Mental…

to summarise - we were manic and bored so we made some candles and concrete

View attachment 2348073
She’s missed out the most important part of her bio…’as a person with self diagnosed ADHD…’ 🤦‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
You do realise they're going to be the next Wankee Candle/Baff n Body Werks and we're going to feel such silly Billie's 🥴

• Haha
Meet the makers, yet the photo is only a silhouette of herself with a saggy bun, staring up at a curtain rod? Wouldn’t try a nice photo of the pair of you, hair broshed, makeop on, wearing clean clothes? No, ok.
She will def have copied the idea from someone else and executed it badly.
The someone else will be American.

Reactions: 12
Torrential rain has been forecast for Saturday - I'm not sure if the craft fayre is undercover or not.......

• Haha
When does she go to Orlando ? Imagine being stuck on a 10 hour flight with her

Reactions: 5
When does she go to Orlando ? Imagine being stuck on a 10 hour flight with her
She will be copying those annoying American tiktossers that sit on the plane with massive rollers and a scarf in their hair. All so they have a 'bouncy blowout'. 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I love that she uses yorkshire as a marketing gimmick... "hand poured in yorkshire"... when she's spent the last 15 years faking a non-yorkshire accent and pretending she is American but now she's a yorkshire ambassador?
I love that she's attempting to conjure up images of the Dales, valleys and ritzy villages in North Yorks, not her utility room in Doncaster.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She always films herself doing her 'inflight skincare routine' which is the same each time. Caudalie spray, elizabeth arden 8 hr balm and a sheet mask. Revolutionary.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.