Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
I think she’s gotten a bit too big for her boots and thinks she’s a lot better than she is. I also find she can’t quite decide if she wants to be glam and beautiful and elegant or from landan and hanging with the G’s. Y’know? Not that you can’t be both, but I think she’s struggling to find herself a little 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Whatever123

VIP Member
Just saw a headline where she said that Black Lives Matter should be pushed in people's faces more and I think she's wrong on that front. Over saturation of any subject, however important the issue, will lose more support than it will gain I feel. You have to walk a fine line with stuff like this.
Most definitely not, sorry. Did you not see the blatant racism in football this week? 2 matches with racist incidents. It’s not ok and Black Lives Matter should certainly be pushed in people’s faces. The only people who won’t support, are racists. Racism is disgusting and should not be be normalised in any way.

Would you be saying the same about child abuse? Think about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

LaraQ

VIP Member
She deserves some credit for walking when Stormzy is 72 years old cheated.A lot of women in her position would've turned a blind eye in order to maintain their life

style and "power couple" status.

Reactions: 50

ipiraka

Maya actually left the BBC because she was sacked over the summer for partying and breaking strict covid rules

• Wow
Reactions: 33

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
It’s sad to see how much she’s messed with her face. This is the frustrating thing about how normalised these procedures have become, people don’t think twice before tucking and nipping and injecting.

You have naturally beautiful women like Maya who obviously go into it thinking ‘if I’m this pretty now imagine how stunning I’ll be if I just correct this little thing and that little thing’ but you actually end up erasing your beauty in the process.

Having a beautiful face isn’t about looking like a shop mannequin, beauty comes from the balance of the perfect and the imperfect. That’s why the most expensive perfumes usually have a few putrid/sour notes, or why chocolate tastes better with a sprinkle of sea salt. When you decide your face has to be ‘perfect’ and you go in and make these ‘corrections’ - you end up throwing off the balance of your facial features.

I don’t get why all these women are desperately chasing that ‘Instagram’ face. It just creates this weird ‘uncanny valley’ effect where you look like a replicant ffs.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Calabria

VIP Member
I think she’s gotten a bit too big for her boots and thinks she’s a lot better than she is. I also find she can’t quite decide if she wants to be glam and beautiful and elegant or from landan and hanging with the G’s. Y’know? Not that you can’t be both, but I think she’s struggling to find herself a little 🤷🏼‍♀️
LOL 🤣 I wonder if she wears size 12’s on her feet. #onlyfunnyifyouknowStormzylyricsandthattheydated 🤣

I used to find her so annoying on the radio I couldn’t listen.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

bottie1000

I do think she's beautiful! But she is a tad overrated in my eyes, there are plenty of beautiful women just like her who don't seem to be getting same amount of attention.

Reactions: 31
Think it’s a bit distasteful the z list celebs that don’t pay tribute to the Queen but carry on posting videos of themselves and Maya can’t help herself (me me me).

Like you do live in England so, particularly being in the public eye as well, it does pay well to act in good taste, be respectful and read the room. Even if you clearly couldn’t care less, some British people do.
🤣🤣🤣 Seriously not everyone has to pay tribute to the queen 🙈🙈

Reactions: 30

redstraw16

VIP Member
well it was pretty obvious at this point… 🤣 good luck to them, hopefully he keeps it respectful this time.

IMG_7984.jpeg

IMG_7985.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Whatever123

VIP Member
If you stop standing up for what you believe because you fear people not liking you then change will never happen.

I’m sure Martin Luther King wasn’t liked by a lot of people too.

Some people just value morals over their popularity.

I’m sure maya doesn’t want fans who don’t support so I don’t think she’ll be too upset.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

JimmyJamJar

Chatty Member
As a 35 year old married mother of 2, I’m quite baffled as to why I’m so happy they’re back together but I am 🤣🤣❤❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

hrh89

VIP Member
She’s stunning but annoying. Like every other mid twenties tv presenter 😂 I find them all irritating. I did think her and Stormzy is 72 years old were set to be the next power couple though!

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Kilo005

Chatty Member
god guys tattlers are a hard bunch to please, Maya is a self made working class girl who has done really well for herself. After all the rubbish she’s had to put up with publicly and the hate she underservedly gets from white women who hate to see a WoC succeed … the girl should be able to thrive in peace.
Sorry but irrelevant. No-one on this thread is cussing her for being a WoC or working class, she’s annoying and smug. That is all. Feel free to start a rave thread on her if you wish ✌🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 27

MissVanjie

I saw Stormzy is 72 years old and maya walking their dog together in Richmond Park about 3 weeks ago.
They are very much still together.

• Wow
Reactions: 26

elttat

I can't stand her, nothing to do with her looks she just rubs me up the wrong way completely!

Soooo big headed, used to switch off in the end when she came on Radio 1. Also so childish, used to read out rude texts people had sent in and bear bait them on air. Just ignore it.

Final straw was before Christmas when she was bragging about a trip to Dubai 'you know just to chill out before all the Christmas madness' so unrelatable! Yea cos everyone listening can afford to do that you d*ickhead, was just thinking a lot of people listening will be losing sleep over the cost of Christmas and there she is bragging to the nation about her jaunt then posted pics of herself flying first class! I was actually unaware she'd left R1 as not really been listening over lockdown apart from the odd dance anthems podcast, woohoo 😂
Sounds like jealousy lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Silverback

VIP Member
I personally think that getting back with an ex years later is a bit weird.

She had a failed engagement only last year.
Not weird at all. Split from my long term bf in my mid 20s, got back together and married at 30. Still together 15 years later. Sometimes life affects you both and things fall apart- doesn’t mean there isn’t still love there and it isn’t repairable.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

sephylily

VIP Member
i'm gonna sound sooo bitter but does anyone else not get the hype of jorja? to me maya is A LOT prettier and jorja's a bit basic but she always seems to get the hype.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Whatever123

VIP Member
It’s sad that Stormzy is 72 years old cheated on her with jorja smith
He will regret that for the rest of his life I think. Their relationship seemed very genuine and they did well not to plaster their relationship all over social media for attention.

Respect to Maya for not taking any crap and ending it though.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
Anyone else’s think they’ll be engaged and married really quickly? Like by the end of the year?

Also has to explain to my family today why I kept saying Stormzy is 72 years old when they talked about the headline

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23