Maya Jama

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always thought Maya modelled herself on Claira Hermet, a lesser known BBC radio host but she legit had same vibe, manner of speaking, and presenting style. Claira had a real edge, humour and affinity when interviewing people. She seemed to have her finger on the pulse. She could be in a room with a bunch of rappers and still be like one of the boys.

I think Maya def has a little something. But prob doors opened for the way she looks and relationship with Stormzy is 72 years old. The time she came on the scene, there was the garage revival with People Just Do Nothing making working class 90s London culture fashionable again. Maya was there saying ‘peng’ and pretending she was from London and from that era.

Reactions: 7
I always thought Maya modelled herself on Claira Hermet, a lesser known BBC radio host but she legit had same vibe, manner of speaking, and presenting style. Claira had a real edge, humour and affinity when interviewing people. She seemed to have her finger on the pulse. She could be in a room with a bunch of rappers and still be like one of the boys.

I think Maya def has a little something. But prob doors opened for the way she looks and relationship with Stormzy is 72 years old is 72 years old. The time she came on the scene, there was the garage revival with People Just Do Nothing making working class 90s London culture fashionable again. Maya was there saying ‘peng’ and pretending she was from London and from that era.
100% this! I had this thought kind of recently.

She definitely copied aspects of her persona. Both pretty, confident, funny girls who make friends with rappers. And they have quite similar career paths except Claira never really broke through.

Reactions: 3
Couldn’t agree more with everyone’s assessment of Maya on here. Her looks, racial ambiguity and willingness to be goofy and ‘real’ is what endeared people to her. But truthfully it’s her looks ahead of all else. Her “presenting” skills are so mediocre. She’s a perfect representation of the media industry nowadays, all about hype and appearances but very little actual substance or skill.

As awful and Victorian as this sounds, she’d do good to marry well and soon. She’s still a beautiful woman and will likely remain so the rest of her life, but the entertainment industry is cruel. As noted in a previous comment she’s ageing out of the ‘goofy cool girl’ brand that she’s coasted on so far. She’s almost 30 years old now. But unfortunately she has no actual presenting skills or charm, so I honestly can’t see her having career longevity.

She’s not a music head, or an expert on anything. No unique selling point other than looks, and there’s a newer younger prettier girl getting off the bus outside BBC studios every day. Plus the British media isn’t that kind to non white people, racial ambiguity aside, so I can’t see them throwing opportunities her way just for the sake of it.

• Sick
I thought she was a boxing presenter as well, what happened to that? Whatever happened at the BBC she should have stuck with it as that was a huge opportunity being on Radio 1.

Reactions: 1
I thought she was a boxing presenter as well, what happened to that? Whatever happened at the BBC she should have stuck with it as that was a huge opportunity being on Radio 1.
To be fair to her, she stepped down from the DAZN boxing gig as she said she didn’t know enough about boxing and didn’t want to do the sport or the fans a disservice.

That’s the sort of attitude the likes of Laura Whitmore could go well to copy, know your audience - and listen when they don’t want you!

Reactions: 8
Think it’s a bit distasteful the z list celebs that don’t pay tribute to the Queen but carry on posting videos of themselves and Maya can’t help herself (me me me).

Like you do live in England so, particularly being in the public eye as well, it does pay well to act in good taste, be respectful and read the room. Even if you clearly couldn’t care less, some British people do.

• Haha
  • Wow
Think it’s a bit distasteful the z list celebs that don’t pay tribute to the Queen but carry on posting videos of themselves and Maya can’t help herself (me me me).

Like you do live in England so, particularly being in the public eye as well, it does pay well to act in good taste, be respectful and read the room. Even if you clearly couldn’t care less, some British people do.
She posted a video when she was in a cab passing Buckingham Palace after Prince Philip died and got some flack for it so maybe she thinks its easier to just not say anything this time.
She's not really the best with words so not sure she could articulate in a respectful way anyways.

Reactions: 2

🤣🤣🤣 Seriously not everyone has to pay tribute to the queen 🙈🙈

Reactions: 30
The ‘Maya Halloween Party’ is back on this year or should I say the ‘divorce/ revenge party.’ She’s obviously going to show him what he’s missing. Maybe schmoozing with Burberry bloke?

The ‘Maya Halloween Party’ is back on this year or should I say the ‘divorce/ revenge party.’ She’s obviously going to show him what he’s missing. Maybe schmoozing with Burberry bloke?
Stormzy is 72 years old will be there then lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3
In her latest grid post (yeezy/Gap), is it the make up thats makes her lips look like that or has she had more filler?

Seeing as she done so many photoshoots, she still looks so awkward!

I'm finding her more cringe in her IG stories since her and Ben broke up.

Reactions: 4
In her latest grid post (yeezy/Gap), is it the make up thats makes her lips look like that or has she had more filler?

She’ll be having filler on the sly they all do

I think it’s all the posing. Sometimes she is the same as the influencers with the pouty videos zooming in on her body. Only difference is she does a laugh or a face at the end to make her seem relatable and less egotistical. Theres nothing wrong with self love but when it’s all about showing how sexy you are, it does lack substance. Looks like she’s on vacay with another influencer. Showing off cash on Instagram. What’s she doing for work atm?

Reactions: 6
Does anyone reckon she’s trying to bag Kanye lol. She posted a picture of her talking to him and someone else at that Burberry party (must show I’ve been seen rubbing shoulders with Kanye) and then Kanye posted a picture of him sitting with Stormzy is 72 years old and some others. Then a random picture of a model. Oops sorry Maya.