Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LDNtea

VIP Member
I really like her, she’s kinda a rare breed I thought although tbh I don’t keep up with presenters and what not. I just follow her on IG but thought she seems the perfect blend of beauty and personality (I think she’s really funny) plus seems quite down to earth. I’ve only followed her really since like jan tho maybe so I wouldn’t know if she’s changed as people say on here.
A lot of her stories remind Me of how I would be if I was more confident so maybe that’s why I like her hahah.

Reactions: 18

Fortheloveofme

So nice! Never really thought much about him before tbh, but he was funny, flirty 😂 and super charming

he’s very handsome irl, skin is soo clear and smooth, and he smells good 😂 I developed a big crush after that day can’t lie
This is so true he is such a loveable likeable person. He’s in Ghana right now, seen him in a club a few times.

He has a lot of sex appeal I don’t even know how to explain it, plus when you meet him and hug him he will hug you like you’ve known him for 15 years even if you’ve just met lmaoo.

but yeah he is sexy, no wonder maya can’t get enough of his stiff chocolate:p

• Haha
  • Heart

x.lau.x

If she was chocolate she would devour herself 😂😂 she is absolutely stunning but my god she’s broadcasting her own hype, she is certainly not modest 😂

• Haha

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
I can't stand her, nothing to do with her looks she just rubs me up the wrong way completely!

Soooo big headed, used to switch off in the end when she came on Radio 1. Also so childish, used to read out rude texts people had sent in and bear bait them on air. Just ignore it.

Final straw was before Christmas when she was bragging about a trip to Dubai 'you know just to chill out before all the Christmas madness' so unrelatable! Yea cos everyone listening can afford to do that you d*ickhead, was just thinking a lot of people listening will be losing sleep over the cost of Christmas and there she is bragging to the nation about her jaunt then posted pics of herself flying first class! I was actually unaware she'd left R1 as not really been listening over lockdown apart from the odd dance anthems podcast, woohoo 😂

• Heart

NParker

Chatty Member
it sucks when mean girls become superstars
She doesn't seem mean to me, but she does seem really vain in a humble bragging way.

Like she'll post pictures of herself in a bikini and when young girls say "oh you're beautiful" she'll say, "no, look at my stretch marks...YOU'RE beautiful"...or she'll then take a picture of herself gurning so she looks body positive/relatable.

A couple of years ago, someone posted that she used to spend ages Factuning her pictures and she starved herself to lose weight. She seems from the outside to be both vain/attention seeking and also deeply insecure. I think she'll end up having a lot more facework/surgery on the low.

Reactions: 17

redstraw16

VIP Member
I think 4/5 years apart to grow up a bit/explore other relationships and a very public admittance from him that he was the one that messed up/only speaking highly of her helps.

If he’d been the usual bitter ex or refuse to take any blame then I’d judge her a lot more for being back with him.

EnglishBreakfastTea

I wonder how he managed to get her back
I remember when they broke up and he released a song called about it called ‘Lessons’, it was very sweet but at that point you’re not really sure how much of it is performative/damage control, seeing as he was the villain in the story for having ‘fumbled the bag’ by disrespecting and losing her.

But for him to now release an album several years down the line, where so many of the songs are clearly still about her (plus using a lookalike to represent her in the Hide and Seek video)… it’s very obvious he never got over her and never gave up on trying to win her back. The song ‘Bad Blood’ melted my cynical heart so I can’t imagine what it must’ve done to her - those lyrics would’ve had even the most stubborn and unforgiving person running back to their ex if you ask me 😂

• Heart

shana

i know her star sign is a leo but posting a selfie where a necklace saying ‘leo’ is very on show while she’s being linked to leo dicaprio is clearly to bait the news outlets so she can have articles written about her

Reactions: 16

Blueblue123

VIP Member
It was suspected but I think she's the obvious choice. I can't think of many other presenters of that age group who'd fit.

Which now I think of it, is quite sad. We used to have the likes of Kirsty Gallagher, Holly Willoughby... Others but names escape me now they've faded into obscurity.

Anyway, good for Maya. This is a big gig.

glamapuss

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, she grates on me, very nice to look at

too loud and too full of herself but doesn’t actually talk with any sense or intelligence just the volume on max.

shes deffo had some lipo / bbl/ fat transfer on that body… she went through a stage of putting on weight looking quiet thick and shes deleted those pics of her insta

but there was comments about her weight gain from men which she posted on her story saying she was trying to put on weight .

Now she has curves but with abs /definition around her tummy and ive never seen her in the gym and with the amount of booze she drinks it’s impossible to stay that lean on the tummy

Flossy2019

VIP Member
I agree. Whenever I've seen her on tv she seems boring. I don't know if she's presented anything on her own but I don't think it would do very well.
She was on radio 1 and was absolutely terrible. Half the time she said the song names wrong and when they had competitions once someone gave the wrong answer and she said it was the right answer and it was a complete disaster 😂😂

• Wow
  • Haha

ccccc

Chatty Member
It was mentioned earlier in the thread there were things said on Twitter that he was supposedly out flirting, dancing, and kissing Jorja Smith infront of people. Maya and Jorja unfollowed each other so there was clearly beef. He proclaims he didn’t ‘cheat-cheat’. Either way the general consensus was he was lusting after Jorja which must have been incredibly hurtful to Maya. And prob why he says he only ‘disrespected’ her. But to most women, if you show intentions like that towards another woman you may as well go the whole hog as they are never gonna feel the same about you again.

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
That’s definitely a plummy gig! I don’t think much of Maya’s hosting skills, but Love Island doesn’t really demand much at all. And I already know she’ll be better than Laura, who is the coldest, bitchiest least endearing host I have ever seen in my life.

Atleast now there won’t be as much shady misogyny and racism thrown at contestants on After Sun and the finale/reunion episodes. This feels like the right fit and it’s made me much more likely to tune in next summer (I categorically refuse to watch LI in winter haha).

Weebly

Don’t get me wrong there are some times she does annoy me but I do like her - I think its because of her back story & all the crap she went through when she was younger to get to where she is now is impressive.
Sorry, knew her growing up, and yes her dad was in jail, and her boyfriend died and that was tragic obviously.
But she had a loving family, nice home and was spoiled rotten and quite honestly super vain and had attitude even as a small child.
She didn't go through much crap compared to some and she just trots those stories out to take the edge off her arrogance.