Maya Jama

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else watching the MOBOs? Actually think she’s doing a great job and her presenting skills have improved since I last saw her. Or maybe it’s because others on there aren’t great so she’s had to take on more of the anchor role and looks far more professional in comparison lol

Just saw a headline where she said that Black Lives Matter should be pushed in people's faces more and I think she's wrong on that front. Over saturation of any subject, however important the issue, will lose more support than it will gain I feel. You have to walk a fine line with stuff like this.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Just saw a headline where she said that Black Lives Matter should be pushed in people's faces more and I think she's wrong on that front. Over saturation of any subject, however important the issue, will lose more support than it will gain I feel. You have to walk a fine line with stuff like this.
Most definitely not, sorry. Did you not see the blatant racism in football this week? 2 matches with racist incidents. It’s not ok and Black Lives Matter should certainly be pushed in people’s faces. The only people who won’t support, are racists. Racism is disgusting and should not be be normalised in any way.

Would you be saying the same about child abuse? Think about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Most definitely not, sorry. Did you not see the blatant racism in football this week? 2 matches with racist incidents. It’s not ok and Black Lives Matter should certainly be pushed in people’s faces. The only people who won’t support, are racists. Racism is disgusting and should not be be normalised in any way.

Would you be saying the same about child abuse? Think about it.
What a disgusting thing to say.

Burn out in activist circles is very real. Everyone needs to be able to "switch off" sometimes, as an act of "self care".

Vilifying people for needing a break from an issue no matter what the issue is is probably the most counterproductive thing that can be done.

To add because I don't want to edit my original post in case it's confusing...I am getting so upset with being "shamed" for not being able to do social justice campaigning 24/7.

By my prevoiusly post I absolutely did not mean ignore the issues, whatever they might be. It really upsets me that anyone would think that and I know this is pathetic, but I'm in tears now because the thought of being called "racist" on a public forum and having that label tied to me forever is devastating.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
What a disgusting thing to say.

Burn out in activist circles is very real. Everyone needs to be able to "switch off" sometimes, as an act of "self care".

Vilifying people for needing a break from an issue no matter what the issue is is probably the most counterproductive thing that can be done.

To add because I don't want to edit my original post in case it's confusing...I am getting so upset with being "shamed" for not being able to do social justice campaigning 24/7.

By my prevoiusly post I absolutely did not mean ignore the issues, whatever they might be. It really upsets me that anyone would think that and I know this is pathetic, but I'm in tears now because the thought of being called "racist" on a public forum and having that label tied to me forever is devastating.
I didn’t call you a racist though, did I? You saying it shouldn’t be shoved in peoples faces, doesn’t make you a racist or not a supporter; maybe you just don’t realise how big the issue is, is what I was saying.

Not sure why you assumed I called you a racist?

Reactions: 9
I didn’t call you a racist though, did I? You saying it shouldn’t be shoved in peoples faces, doesn’t make you a racist or not a supporter; maybe you just don’t realise how big the issue is, is what I was saying.

Not sure why you assumed I called you a racist?
You said "the only people who don't support, are racists"...pretty clear implication there.

I do support, just that I feel wall to wall coverage of anything can have the opposite effect of what was intended. Is that really such a terrible, controversial thing to say?

Reactions: 2
You said "the only people who don't support, are racists"...pretty clear implication there.

I do support, just that I feel wall to wall coverage of anything can have the opposite effect of what was intended. Is that really such a terrible, controversial thing to say?
I categorically did not call you a racist.

Yes I do think it’s a problem to tip toe around important issues because you want to ‘switch off’ as an act of ‘self care.’ in fact, that’s pretty ludicrous.

I can’t even be bothered to argue the point. You have your opinion, I have mine. I really don’t understand why you’re in tears over a difference of opinion.

Reactions: 14
I categorically did not call you a racist.

Yes I do think it’s a problem to tip toe around important issues because you want to ‘switch off’ as an act of ‘self care.’ in fact, that’s pretty ludicrous.

I can’t even be bothered to argue the point. You have your opinion, I have mine. I really don’t understand why you’re in tears over a difference of opinion.
You absolutely called me a racist.

How can you not understand burnout? How do you believe someone needing a break for even five minutes is a horrendous act?

You are being really vile towards me just because you disagree. I'm done.

Reactions: 3
You absolutely called me a racist.

How can you not understand burnout? How do you believe someone needing a break for even five minutes is a horrendous act?

You are being really vile towards me just because you disagree. I'm done.
I definitely didn’t. Total overreaction.

If you read back, you contradict yourself anyway. You said I called you a racist because I said ‘the only people who wouldn’t support are racists.’ You then went on to say that you are a supporter, therefore, I haven’t called you a racist by your own logic!

Tbh, I don’t know what you expected the reaction to be to your initial post. Without a doubt, not everyone would agree with you. It is a highly provocative subject.

Moving on, back to maya please everyone

Reactions: 23
It’s sad that Stormzy is 72 years old cheated on her with jorja smith
He will regret that for the rest of his life I think. Their relationship seemed very genuine and they did well not to plaster their relationship all over social media for attention.

Respect to Maya for not taking any crap and ending it though.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
He will regret that for the rest of his life I think. Their relationship seemed very genuine and they did well not to plaster their relationship all over social media for attention.

Respect to Maya for not taking any crap and ending it though.
Did he physically cheat? I thought he came out and said it was an act of disrespect but not actually cheating? But then again she’s never said anything on the subject and emotional cheating is just as bad IMO if that’s what happened! Completely agree with you though I loved them as a couple!

Reactions: 8
Did he physically cheat? I thought he came out and said it was an act of disrespect but not actually cheating? But then again she’s never said anything on the subject and emotional cheating is just as bad IMO if that’s what happened! Completely agree with you though I loved them as a couple!
I think he cheated because the hate Stormzy is 72 years old and jorja smith got on Twitter was I N S A N E and none of them put out a statement to say it wasn’t true. And to top it off she unfollowed the both of them on the same day lol

I think he cheated because the hate Stormzy is 72 years old and jorja smith got on Twitter was I N S A N E and none of them put out a statement to say it wasn’t true. And to top it off she unfollowed the both of them on the same day lol
yeah and I remember the day it came out, she had a video up with him on her story.

as soon as the news dropped, she deleted the story - 24hrs defo hadn't passed

I had no idea how young she was! I don't know why I assumed both her and Stormzy is 72 years old were much older. I think it gives a bit of context to the cheating, I'm not justifying it but yeh, a 25/26 year old who has a massive and quick rise to fame. I imagine it can go to your head.

What has she done to her face she was gorgeous before the fucked up work she's done on her face

Reactions: 5
She should be careful of turning people off her by saying stuff like BLM should be pushed more. You see it at a number of Football clubs where fans have booed the taking of the knee, including last night at Exeter City and before that at clubs such as Millwall and Cambridge United. People are getting sick of a knee being taken for a political moment that wants to defund the police. Watching highly paid people kneel won't make a racist stop being racist. You need to educate people better and there are far better ways to deal with racism and show it won't be tolerated.

• Angry
Reactions: 10