Maya Jama

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s said she’s doing her Halloween party now though, she’ll have to stick to that. Can’t go back on her word now they’ve kissed and made up lol.

Reactions: 3
Too little too late Ben hun haha … why’s he posting her now all of a sudden? So men think she’s not available. I still think they’ve broke up.. he’s just trying to damage control real quick

Reactions: 6
Do we think Ben is going to make an appearance for her birthday? She's going to Ibiza with her friends. Looks like she is flying them out privately.
He doesn't really seem to make much effort to fit in with her life even though she's flown loads over the US and she's actively working too not like Ben who hasn't played a basketball game in like two years!

Did she really just make everyone round the table say what they like about her while she filmed it 🥲

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Did she really just make everyone round the table say what they like about her while she filmed it 🥲
I was literally about to write that!
Maybe there is trouble in paradise if she needs her friends to give her such an ego boost...

Reactions: 7
She’s acting all over the place. Look at me how happy and fun I am!!

Reactions: 5
god guys tattlers are a hard bunch to please, Maya is a self made working class girl who has done really well for herself. After all the rubbish she’s had to put up with publicly and the hate she underservedly gets from white women who hate to see a WoC succeed … the girl should be able to thrive in peace.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
god guys tattlers are a hard bunch to please, Maya is a self made working class girl who has done really well for herself. After all the rubbish she’s had to put up with publicly and the hate she underservedly gets from white women who hate to see a WoC succeed … the girl should be able to thrive in peace.
Sorry but irrelevant. No-one on this thread is cussing her for being a WoC or working class, she’s annoying and smug. That is all. Feel free to start a rave thread on her if you wish ✌🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Huh lol

Sorry but irrelevant. No-one on this thread is cussing her for being a WoC or working class, she’s annoying and smug. That is all. Feel free to start a rave thread on her if you wish ✌🏻
Lol honestly, literally her background has got nothing to do with this conversation. Being a “woc” or working class or self made doesn’t absolve you from being unlikable

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She seems to be acting a bit all over the place and rowdy, trying to show she’s busy and with lots of people, going out etc- definitely part of the process of a breakup. Maybe she is genuinely happy and having a good time. It seems a bit forced imo. She could be heartbroken or upset underneath the bravado- I mean they were engaged and she did go to some lengths to be with him.

Reactions: 9
I found this thread recently… her being unlikeable is nothing to do with being a poc. As stunning as she is and seems like great craic with her mates, her stories are just extra a lot of the time even if it’s just a snapshot of her life. She’s always hyping herself up but is defo keen to show that ring atm in her latest stories.
Recording her friends telling her how much they love her is odd lol just write it in a birthday card.

Reactions: 8
The recent holiday looks like when I went to Ibiza in my early 20s with my mates, rowdy and a bit all over the place lol. Nothing new there. How old is she?

When she burst on the scene with the mockney accent, she was a breath of fresh air and doors started opening for her. But that hyper energy of your late teens/ early 20s does chill as you mature and smooth out the rough edges. I think it would be a good look for her to professionally evolve a level.

I remember Tess Daly on the Saturday morning breakfast show in the late 90s, was it Saturday Morning Live or something? She started at the bottom and I just remember she had this fresh vibe and energy at the time and I looked up to her. But now she’s a grown woman and has a whole, glossy, mainstream presenting career.

Reactions: 4
I quite like her but I'm really shocked to find out she's not a nepo baby. She seemed to just suddenly be everywhere overnight for no reason I could understand.

I quite like her but I'm really shocked to find out she's not a nepo baby. She seemed to just suddenly be everywhere overnight for no reason I could understand.
I've made this post before, but she really did work her way up from the bottom, and then made so many friends all doors were open to her. I don't think there's anyone in the UK 'urban' music scene aged 25-35 who she doesn't know.

BUT being absolutely stunningly beautiful with an amazing body, and being racially ambiguous at a time where every media outlet wanted to show how diverse they were really helped her. She came up with Yasmin Evans/Snoochie Shy (who models herself on Maya) and a few others. They're also successful, but haven't done as well as her.

Reactions: 14
Sorry but I cannot just sit here and not comment that her radio show was bland as hell and she was constantly turning up bladdered and must’ve pissed so many off at radio one. I don’t think she is as talented as some make out.

Reactions: 9
She started when she was 16 so she hustled early. Being pretty helped, but a lot of girls are pretty. I think her goofy personality gave her the edge. Most girls with her looks don't want to make fools of themselves on the internet like that but she's always been silly.

She was in the urban scene too so it was easier to stand out because it's smaller and there aren't many women. Since then she's got a bit lost in the crowd.

She has an upbeat personality but no real presenting skills. Her looks and to an extent her age have kept her career going.

Though, I say career yet I have absolutely no idea what she's currently working on.

Reactions: 6
Sorry but I cannot just sit here and not comment that her radio show was bland as hell and she was constantly turning up bladdered and must’ve pissed so many off at radio one. I don’t think she is as talented as some make out.
I think she’s a bad radio presenter and very average tv presenter (maybe better on shows that suit her). Her confidence is sky high and she will do any job whether she thinks she can do it or not - I wish i could do that.

The funny thing is that she was famous before even scoring a mainstream job, it was never because of her talent. As a presenter she is very wooden and lacks charisma on screen, and you never really hear people say that she's any good!

I think she pissed a lot of people off at the BBC when they unearthed the tweets she'd made mocking dark-skinned black women, and laughing along with derogatory statements about disabled children and the like.

The BBC protected her, although they sacked another presenter who did the same thing. Then years later it turned out that staff were complaining internally en masse and senior management made a statement to try to placate them.

Then to top it all off she didn't stay long and didn't help their listening figures at all.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
The funny thing is that she was famous before even scoring a mainstream job, it was never because of her talent. As a presenter she is very wooden and lacks charisma on screen, and you never really hear people say that she's any good!

I think she pissed a lot of people off at the BBC when they unearthed the tweets she'd made mocking dark-skinned black women, and laughing along with derogatory statements about disabled children and the like.

The BBC protected her, although they sacked another presenter who did the same thing. Then years later it turned out that staff were complaining internally en masse and senior management made a statement to try to placate them.

Then to top it all off she didn't stay long and didn't help their listening figures at all.
It was a pretty big coup for the BBC getting her but She never seemed particularly interested in it

Reactions: 2