Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sassmaster3000

Chatty Member
His “don’t kill your gran” line honestly makes me see red.

I did actually lose my gran last year, and thanks to the restrictions, she was only allowed 5 people at her funeral (which had a 20 minute slot at the crematorium due to the sheer number of funerals they were running at the time). I had to watch it via livestream - felt like I was in an episode of black mirror.

I also worked at a hospital and the advice we got initially was that we weren’t allowed to wear masks because “it’s making it seem like a big deal and it’s freaking out the patients”.
When covid became a serious reality, thanks to PPE shortages, we were only allowed to wear masks when we were in contact with confirmed cases (not suspicious cases - we just had to hope their swab came back negative).

We also had security at the door of the hospital so that visitors were turned away.
Anyone from a care home was sent to the infected wards because there was a slightly higher chance that they had covid (and if they didn’t, then they were likely to catch it on the ward and die).

Working through covid has made me realise just how much the current government genuinely doesn’t give a shit about anyone. They would rather watch people die in the thousands, than give up any of their privileges. I try my hardest to see the good in everyone I meet, but honestly, if a very specific small scale earthquake wiped out Downing Street, I’d probably do a small victory dance. Obviously I’d hope that Larry the cat wasn’t home at the time…

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61

coconochanel

VIP Member
Im just surprised anyone would have an affair never mind leave their hubby for that wet blanket.

• Haha
Reactions: 46

Winthropp Tuesday

VIP Member
I said on the first thread that Martha is from an aristocratic/gentry background. Matt’s family are self are small business people from Chester. You do have to wonder why he got with her don’t you? Nothing to do with using her family connections so he could get on in the Tory part I’m sure…. He met George Osbourne via her. Make of that what you will.
My husband is in the unfortunate position of actually knowing him - though hasn’t seen him for a few years (if I say where from it’ll easily identify him - also just to add, we’re not tories:oops: ) he says he really is completely hopeless on many levels - and has absolutely no idea how he’s managed to have sex with anyone but himself.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Boris must be fuming.
He’s saddled himself with another wife and yet another baby, while his ugly mates are out banging for Britain.

• Haha
Reactions: 40

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
They are definitely on damage limitation. You do not have a fling for 6 weeks and throw away your marriages. Even if you couldn’t give two hoots about your spouse, there are a lot of kids involved. This is a couple of years duration, the pandemic ironically gave him the opportunity to have her near, when we were told to put everybody else at arms length. This weaselly pair deserve every piece of bad luck coming their way.
Agree. They have known each other a long time. It's beyond belief that they suddenly realised they were in love after 20 years and 6 weeks later, moved in together, ending two marriages with a total of 6 children involved. Even more surprising if, only 6 weeks after starting an affair, he got caught. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of years was generous, and they'd been at it for most of their marriages.

Reactions: 39

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Apparently Gina is really struggling with the press intrusion and damage to her reputation. Is it wrong that I feel teeny bit sorry for her? Whoever was out to get Matt for political reasons has dragged her into it as well. I know she shouldn’t have had an affair with him, but politicians are fair game. She isn’t. Those memes will follow her forever. Anyway, I digress..
I must be a bad person but I don’t feel remotely sorry for her.
Politicians may be fair game but if you’re going to willingly let one of them fondle you in their office - in a government building, then you’re kind of asking to be dragged down with them
She had no problem cheating on her husband - and weren’t she and Martha friends as well?
She had no problem apparently using her ‘influence’ to be appointed to a job for which she appears to be eminently unqualified.
I think she’s just really annoyed she’s been caught. She can’t be that bothered about her reputation.She let Matt Hancock shag her.

• Heart

Clover123

VIP Member
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57636360

This story genuinely brought me to tears this morning. Poor lad was only 27 and was barely able to see his parents, let alone his girlfriend or his brothers before tragically passing away of leukaemia. Absolutely heartbreaking and unbelievable that Matt Tinycock was kissing a colleague the day after this poor boy died, blithely ignoring rules he had helped to impose. I can't believe this clown world we live in sometimes, my heart breaks for this family who were treated so badly while going through something so incredibly tragic.

• Sad
  • Heart

Tell.A.Tale

I literally feel rocks for her. She made her bed and now she must lie in it. I know people who work at Oliver Bonas. It’s an awesome place to work, with great culture etc and everyone at the company is completely shell shocked because Oliver is apparently the nicest, kindest, most genuine human who treats all his employees amazingly. No one ever leaves. She shagged Matt Hancock, betraying her husband and friend Martha and you mean to tell me she didn’t once think “what would the repercussions be if we get caught?” If she’s so smart she may have remembered how people reacted to Dom’s Barnard Castle trip as total hypocrisy and that is mild in my opinion to you shagging the health secretary while he tells the rest of the country sex is illegal unless you live together. C’mon. She must have known how the press and public would react and yet arrogantly she did it anyway. She does not deserve sympathy.

• Wow
  • Heart

petitspois

VIP Member
I'm sure it'll come out that this has been going on for some time, all throughout lockdown, so the public will see he has been flouting rules whilst dishing it out to the rest of us. I'm hoping his dodgy business deals will get spotted and somehow stopped or blocked too so the little shit will be back at his mother's soon, trying to scrape a living. He deserves nothing better.

Reactions: 38

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
A good personal friend posted a clip about how families where not allowed to see dying (i mean less than 1 week to live) patients. That rule was made by a complete corrupt scumbag. As i said on here last week. In 1-2 months that worm WILL be back into a highly paid private sector job (1 of those that it gave contracts to wink wink). The ONLY way to stop this corruption is for regular Joes (or Janes) to stand for election (yup i know you need a wedge to stand for MP but you can crowdfund it :) . If no1 votes then only shi*heads like him win. Stand up and stand for election as Independents.
Both my parents died last year within three months of each other (neither covid I hasten to add). I was unable to see my mother because I was told I'd not be allowed into the country regardless of any circumstances let alone get near the Care Home where she was because thats how it was at the time, and likewise there were no funerals as such either; It was just 'They're dead" and thats was it, no goodbyes or anything. Great to know that whilst I couldn't go over to bid farewell to my Mother that Hancock was doinking this old bat irrespective of any of His Rules :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I'm not feeling the collective love for Mr Oliver Bonas towards the end of the last thread. Have you all got your pity goggles on? :geek: Everytime I see him I think he could be the dad of the geeky guy from Sugababes "Push the Button" video.
1624951742283.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34

petitspois

VIP Member
The thing is, we are so used to the corruption and incompetence of this government that we've become hardened to it. We either roll our eyes or make a joke but we should be rightly furious at them.
Hancock's minger status and Boris the buffoon are monikers they will happily take on if it stops us looking at the truth - that they have been responsible for thousands of unnecessary deaths and are milking this country of tax payers money.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

WritersBlock

Hello everyone ☺ New member here! I’m so glad this forum/thread exists, I feel like I’ve found my people!

I can’t begin to tell you how angry this incident has made me. There are so many things that’s wrong with it: the implications for the poor children, the lack of respect for the British public, the hypocrisy, the selfishness, the arrogance. I could go on but it’s all been said.

i work in the local government and, like so many others, have worked my arse off to respond and react to government policy often last minute, always unclear. we’ve been their whipping boys throughout all this, endlessly repeating their, at times, chronically bad advice (the care home shambles and funeral restrictions are appalling and people have not been afforded the dignity and care they absolutely needed when they needed it most)

I’m knackered from being on high alert all the time and tired of this government’s arrogance. And this smarmy man-child has clearly been getting his end away for years, breaching the very rules he took great pleasure in reminding us all of time and time again.

But it’s the culmination of so much that’s wrong with our political class, isn’t it? And I guess we are to blame (I mean the royal we!) because we elect these clowns. (I’m not a Tory voter btw) Don’t we deserve better? Surely we do. But what is there? Why are we, collectively, so willing to put up with such terrible leaders? Is our self-belief so low that Gove, Johnson, Hancock are the best we have, and all we want?

gosh, sorry! I’d better go buy a ‘live, laugh, love’ wall art from Gina Oliver Bonas

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Miss Anne Thrope

VIP Member
There is a post on mumsnet from someone who who works in the press that says the tabloids are trying to find Matt (and Gina) but they’ve gone to ground and it’s as though they’ve both fallen off the face of the earth. Apparently the first photographer to get them will be quids in though, so people are looking for them.
I feel so sad for their children. One minute Matt/Gina are in the marital home as per normal, the next minute - poof, gone. Yes, Matt Hand-cock travelled and worked long hours, leaving Martha to bear most of the parenting load, and yes Gina has a live-in nanny and doesn't 'worry about my children being closer to their nanny ' so that she doesn't 'waste her education'. Not one thought for the six kids, though, they must be so confused and traumatised.

Awful and selfish.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

House of Tea

VIP Member
It is such an invasion of privacy, would they be happier if she was a crying mess.... Move on paps, there will be no on street showdown.... Find the scumbag and his ride....
She’s an osteopath, she has certainly got rid of that niggling pain in the neck.

• Haha
  • Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
G is a very deep woman. In all honesty I have a cheese board with cheese pins on my pintrest account.

Richness of his waffly soul.

1624959806003.png
1624959903743.png

• Haha
  • Sick