Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

zuzu

Good God, she has gotten so heavy.... Lay off the cake Lucy and get to renovating again or at least getting on top of your housework, like, maybe, IRON your shirts, to begin with?!!

She has become mindnumbingly boring by now. I miss the "Average Girl Tries"-series: at least this truly distinguisged her channel from all the other ones out there. Now, it's like watching a middleaged housewife who still dresses like a teenager talk about arts & crafts....

I'm unsubscribing. There's only so many overstuffed dungarees one can mentally, visually and emotionally process.

Have a great one, everyone :)
This is unnecessarily unkind. She has gained weight, like many of us, because bodies change and that’s okay! Not to mention the affect of lockdown. Comments like “lay off the cake” are as helpful as “eat a burger” to someone who is underweight.

I enjoyed the “Average girl tries” too, but you could argue that moving away from videos showcasing outfit after outfit of fast fashion is probably a good thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Slip slip knit

Chatty Member
Good God, she has gotten so heavy.... Lay off the cake Lucy and get to renovating again or at least getting on top of your housework, like, maybe, IRON your shirts, to begin with?!!

She has become mindnumbingly boring by now. I miss the "Average Girl Tries"-series: at least this truly distinguisged her channel from all the other ones out there. Now, it's like watching a middleaged housewife who still dresses like a teenager talk about arts & crafts....

I'm unsubscribing. There's only so many overstuffed dungarees one can mentally, visually and emotionally process.

Have a great one, everyone :)
This is unnecessarily unkind. You should be able to say why you are unsubbing or what you don’t like about her content without attacking her appearance. This is why this site has a bad reputation and we’re all called trolls.

Reactions: 34

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
The only reason she stopped doing it is because she no longer can stand her own reflection in the mirror. That's what she means by mental health problems, that it causes her to hate herself. Did she try to change it? I haven't seen any attempts. It's really sad and yes to answer your previous question I do blame her, it's all in her hands and putting on rose tinted glasses and pretending everything is fine is not a way forward.
This is a disgusting comment. You have no idea what other issues she may have mentally but she chooses to not share with us. You also don’t know what she is doing to change anything. Life isn’t as simple as oh just loose some weight and you’ll be happy.

Reactions: 27

Momentmonster

I think the bathroom looks great but would agree there seem to be some issues with being able to clean around and under the bath and sink. Was also wondering about the practicalities of showering beside that large box. But if she is happy, then good for her.

I also don't think it is fair to complain about how much or little they have saved. No one has any ideas about their personal finances and there are many factors that could play into their kitchen reno. Maybe the bathroom renovation was not as expensive as expected, maybe they added to their debt and realized that sorting the kitchen was a top priority for them in light of how much time Adam spends in there. Maybe Lucy has started to receive more paid work than she was getting during lockdown which is making the kitchen renovation more realistic. I don't think that she was intentionally lying about their money situation and saving. They probably have been saving aggressively, especially considering lockdown has made it harder to spend money.

I can understand that it can feel a bit annoying when a viewer is also saving for some bigger purchases and it is taking longer than it did for them. But I don't think there is any need to be bitter about it. It is not like she is rubbing it in our faces and honestly, I think Lucy and Adam deserve all good things in life. Jealously doesn't make your personal goals any closer to being realized and just adds to needless negative energy.

I am not aiming this at anyone in particular. I just think that is so important to remember that "comparison is the thief of joy".

Reactions: 25

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Lol, make no mistake, she is not doing it for the sake of the environment. She obviously just hasn’t received any sponsorship offers to shill more fast fashion for a while.
I’m sure she said she stopped doing it because she was finding it was making her feel insecure / struggling with her body image. Totally valid reason for her to stop.

• Heart

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
The only reason she stopped doing it is because she no longer can stand her own reflection in the mirror. That's what she means by mental health problems, that it causes her to hate herself. Did she try to change it? I haven't seen any attempts. It's really sad and yes to answer your previous question I do blame her, it's all in her hands and putting on rose tinted glasses and pretending everything is fine is not a way forward.
Way to drastically over-simplifying the complex relationships people can have with their own body. Just becuase someone doesn't like how they look doesn't mean that if they lose weight they will magically be happy in their body. If it's better for her mental health then I'm glad she's not making those videos anymore

paris

Might be a controversial opinion, I really loved what she did with the stairs. I appreciated how she didn’t pretend that it was easy and showed each step of the way. It looked so damn good after it too.
can’t wait to see what they do with their kitchen!

Reactions: 24

martaS

VIP Member
A weeeeeek?! I pray they’re using a washcloth at the kitchen sink 🤮
Geeez Louise it's their own sink, I am sure they know how to clean it after washing their bits ;) It's not like they've left in someone who's lived on the streets for years to have a wash. I am note sure why people are so precious about them using the kitchen sink. Have you never been in a toilet in a workplace or a public place and heard someone leave without washing hands? And that person then walks around touching surfaces and handles? It's just them in their own place, with their own bacteria, that are in their home anyway 😅 Also they're used to going to festivals where facilities are limited? It's nice to be all glamorous and have another bathroom or to be able to go away/stay in a hotel when you do a bathroom up but I actually don't mind it that Lucy is being a bit too real for once. Not everyone has the option to go away plus the global pandemic and lockdowns make your options a lil' limited.

Reactions: 24

Lola123

VIP Member
I honestly don’t think she’s hung up on a proposal, they seem rock solid and have just done their bathroom up which they both wanted so I don’t think she cares 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22

JLXRD

VIP Member
Perfect, thanks hun X

She's put on weight, I guess, but come on, "a lot" is a bit cruel? There must be something in her wardrobe she can wear? It's not like she's gone from a UK10 to 18 😬
I have put on about the same amount of weight as Lucy over lockdown (gone up by one dress size) and whilst my old clothes do technically fit they just don’t look the way I remember them. Just because something fits doesn’t make it flattering sadly.

Also it’s her 30th! She can’t exactly have a big party at the min so I can see why she might want a nice new dress or something to make it a bit more special.

Reactions: 22

lira

VIP Member
Isn't that what banter essentially is, putting someone down on something within the limits of a joke? Or is that me having to re evaluate my life and realise that I'm just mean 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Liptastic

VIP Member
The house would have originally had no bathroom and just an outside toilet. It’s not uncommon for some old terraced houses to have an odd layout like that to accommodate a bathroom later. Bigger ones losing a bedroom (or part of) smaller ones, sometimes it’s just a little extension on the back. Her house has had to lose some kitchen space to fit it in.
Exactly, some people have no knowledge of history. There are so many properties with bathroom off the kitchen in UK.

Reactions: 21

Cao97x

Chatty Member
I moved house exactly one week before lockdown. We haven’t painted any ceilings because quite honestly, it is a crap job to do and wasn’t a priority to us. We painted the walls because they are what had the biggest impact on the place feeling more like our own. Just because you would do something doesn’t make her, me or anyone else lazy for choosing not to do it. I have better things to invest my time in than painting a ceiling that doesn’t bother me. We painted the bedrooms and living room walls, everything else has stayed the same because it’s a complete waste of money, resources and time to paint it white/any other colour to then just change our minds again. We are working out what to do with the spaces first, taking it one step at a time because that is the most economical thing to do as well as the least wasteful! There’s influencers out there who have been breaking social distancing rules for the last few months but if you want to jump on someone for not painting THEIR ceiling then I think you need to step back and evaluate what really matters in life lol

Reactions: 20

lira

VIP Member
anyone else think Adam puts down Lucy too much in the cooking videos... she is gassing him up about his cooking and being so self-deprecating about herself, he loves it though and seems bit arrogant about it all ?
I don't think he's putting her down tbh, she says she sucks at cooking and there isn't really a nice way to put it if you're a shit cook 😂 they have a lot of lovely banter in my opinion, saying she's chaotic cooking energy made me laugh because there are some people I know I'd loathe to have in the kitchen with me because I'd end up with that energy too.

martaS

VIP Member
He's just so funny and sweet and it shines through. They seem to have a good dynamic in their relationship. It's nice to see an influencer with a normal, down-to-earth partner and not another Insta hubby :D I cringe when other influencers call something "wholesome" but Lucy and Adam actually are quite wholesome together.
The only thing that annoyed me slightly was that they didn't really answer some of the questions.
But I wouldn't mind more Adam content. Lucy seems a bit lost as what to film lately and I guess here's her answer.

martaS

VIP Member
I have been meaning to write this for a while but been a bit busier lately.
I watched Lucy's video where she is baking Adam's cake and is talking about having a bit of a existential crisis as a content creator.
Now, I used to love, love, love our little Miss Wood. She used to be so down to earth, one of us.
But the whole talk about losing her identity and not knowing what content she wants to make, kind of left a sour taste in my mouth.
I accept she has these feelings and it's fully entitled to it. At the same time though, and maybe I was in a foul mood that day, I can't help but think that she just didn't read the room very well. Myself, I lost my dream job last year and have been working a part time job since and have been applying for other jobs but the competition is fierce at the moment; there are tonnes of people in the same boat at the moment. I put a brave face on and try to make savings and just get through this shitty time. From chatting to other Tattlers on other threads I know quite a few people here are unemployed and struggling to find new jobs.
And there we have Lucy who can get away with doing a couple of partnerships a month to pay her London mortgage and can fill her days doing crafts and running an online business. She has all the time and means to rethink her content and decide how to move forward. There is being real and there is not reading the room well.

Thoughts on this? I hope I am not the only bitter one. It's just that Lucy seems to be turning into a typical privileged influencer and I am not here for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19