Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

runforitmarty

Chatty Member
Sorry for the rogue post, I don't keep up with Lucy much any more but I just saw the reel of her dressing as Marty McFly and the caption - PULLED UP IN THE FLUX CAPACITOR?! The car is a damn DELOREAN and anyone who's seen the film knows that, this really got me pressed as a hardcore BttF fan 😭

Sorry just needed to vent that out pls continue ahahah

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

Jam-sandwich

Chatty Member
It looks like a really impractical shower set up for all the reasons everyone’s already mentioned, and I really don’t like the supermarket floor tiles. I like everything else though.
Tbh the nicest thing about the video was seeing how thrilled with it all she is, I guess the most important thing is that her and Adam like it!

Smca53

VIP Member
She reminds me of my well-off friends who always moan about being poor. It’s not cute or relatable, it’s just irritating.

• Sad
  • Heart

bex321

im so sick of her fake modesty and pretending to be poor - in the vlog, she's all like OoH I don't know if they will let me in to the Kensington tearooms I'm just a normal girl like you' .... then there is 'AD GIFTED sneakily hidden in the corner, they literally gifted you the experience specially, that is the definition of privileged, us plebs don't get to go places like that for free?!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

SwipeUpSally

And the point/need for this article was...... ?!?
letting humans know something that they can see for themselves with their own eyes...
Eh, this one I can't blame her for. As long as there are light/ridiculous magazines like this, someone has to write the articles. She's never pretended to be a hard hitting journalist or a serious author. A friend of mine used to do this kind of writing, and for her it was just quick pretty easy money while she worked on the stuff she truly cared about.

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
I feel like this thread needs to be moved out of rave 😂

I really liked her Disney vlogs - it was nice to see it through the eyes of someone who hasn’t been before and didn’t really know much about the parks, most Disney vlogs are people who go on the regular and know all there is to know. I don’t think she loves Disney but you can definitely love Disney world without loving Disney films/shows as there’s so much to do.

I totally thought Adam had proposed when she posted the pic hiding her left hand on Sunday - ah well, I think he’s a bit younger anyway (28?) and their both very young so ages to get married!

• Heart

mindsweeper99

But evidentially this isn’t true as she has stopped doing them? I’ve been watching Lucy for years and I respect her stopping the series for her mental health / body image issues. She is slightly annoying but as influencers go she’s one of my top ones.
Also as we’ve just witness by someone insulting her body/weight up above, no wonder she stopped doing them if that’s similar to comments she was getting on the videos, that would make anyone feel shit and insecure and give them issues, influencer or not

Reactions: 17

mindsweeper99

This is unnecessarily unkind. She has gained weight, like many of us, because bodies change and that’s okay! Not to mention the affect of lockdown. Comments like “lay off the cake” are as helpful as “eat a burger” to someone who is underweight.

I enjoyed the “Average girl tries” too, but you could argue that moving away from videos showcasing outfit after outfit of fast fashion is probably a good thing.
There’s also nothing wrong with not ironing clothes lmao I never iron my clothes unless I’m going somewhere like out for dinner or to a party where it needs to be ironed or it’s my work uniform, most clothes don’t need ironed and if it did why would you iron just for sitting about the house all day lmao unnecessary chore that makes no one happy

Lola123

VIP Member
It’s not like he just started on her, she regularly slated her own cooking, like let’s not forget she used a cake tin out of a hedge…

• Haha
  • Sick

mindsweeper99

The only reason she stopped doing it is because she no longer can stand her own reflection in the mirror. That's what she means by mental health problems, that it causes her to hate herself. Did she try to change it? I haven't seen any attempts. It's really sad and yes to answer your previous question I do blame her, it's all in her hands and putting on rose tinted glasses and pretending everything is fine is not a way forward.
I think mental health problems go a bit deeper than "just hating yourself" and you definitely can't just make a few attempts to get rid of mental health issues and everything is magically fine, it's a long process and might never even happen and she has no obligation whatsoever to document her personal journey with her mental health online. No individual should be blamed for their mental health issues, it's not their fault. Anyway who are you to say what mental health problems she's experiencing, you don't know her!

eilidhh

Her new video about the house is full of how she's just a normal wee poor girl and how she can't afford to renovate her cheap little falling down house. LUCY THAT HOUSE COST YOU HALF A MILLION QUID. Between that and the constant self deprecation it makes me want to slap her.

• Angry

replace32titles

I like Lucy a lot - she still feels like a breath of fresh air after all the stick-thin beige & neutral girls who don't seem do anything at all. I'm liking the orange jumper and the denim dungarees and the pottering in the kitchen talking about nothing in particular but - oh, Lucy, that awkward breathy laugh at the end of every sentence is doing my head in.

• Sick

buffalobarbie

I unfollowed today too. It’s such a shame. Lucy was one of my favourite content creators because she was so genuine, funny and someone I could actually imagine being friends with. Unfortunately she’s become another greedy and boring influencer who has nothing left to say other than repeat the same crap that all the other shitty influencers do. It feels like every single thing she posts these days, on all of her channels, is sponsored or gifted content. I have no doubt that she is still a lovely girl and has good intentions but she’s alienating the viewers that made her popular in the first place by doing this.

• Heart

Momentmonster

But why is the whole banter based on her being inadequate.. Idk I’m sure she’s not as bad at cooking she makes out, if she can cook hello fresh that’s better than most people
I guess it is probably because he is so into cooking. So in comparison she is not great. I think their relationship seems to be very healthy and positive. Part of being in a long term relationship is a bit of banter and like in relation to cooking that is his domain!

Reactions: 16

zuzu

To be fair, the fridge in the living room is their own fault. They wanted an aesthetic Smeg fridge and didn't even think to measure the space in the kitchen to see if it would fit 😂
Tbf she did measure the space but didn’t account space for the door opening 🤣 I find her home struggles pretty much endearing, I mean the whole sofa thing, gas leak, fridge not fitting, issues with the fireplaces.. much more interesting and relatable (at least to me) than other youtubers

Jam-sandwich

Chatty Member
I really like their relationship dynamic, I know a sporadic video here and there is only a tiny snippet of their life but they seem to suit each other!

eilidhh

For me it's more that she tries so hard to be "relatable" all the time with her "omg tiles are SO EXPENSIVE GUYS AMIRITE" etc etc and then blows £60 on a little bath caddy. Now she is going to roll right into a kitchen reno so she can fit her £1.5k fridge in.... Like, pick a side plz.

• Heart

sheleg

VIP Member
I love (hate) how corporate capitalism has co-opted the self-love movement, when it is the very thing that makes people not love themselves in the first place.

• Sad