Lucy Jane Wood

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who gives a tit what's fashionable? I'm sorry, fashionable these days is boring grey and crushed velvet and I'm so glad Lucy is not doing that.

Ceilings and doors still need painted before the colour. I don't get saying the colour part is fun, she's 29 not 5. I don't enjoy any part of painting but we get it done.

If someone with limited time, a family, kids, dogs to walk, a full time job, social life , limited funds can do up their place within a reasonable time then I don't see why Lucy and Adam can't? They have funds and she has time, no kids, no dogs etc.

Nobody is saying they should have done it as quick as possible, I just can't my head around painting rooms but not doing a Ceilings, doors and skirting.

Also, her second bedroom is her office. Why wouldn't she want to do that as soon as possible seeing as she probably spends a decent amount of time in there? Having it done and nice would make me more productive.

I feel like I have to say some positives, I love her relationship with Adam, they seem well matched and can just have a laugh with each other.

She is funny but is very try hard funny at times and I prefer when she doesn't mean to be funny, if that makes sense?

I love flo, she's such a lovely little cat.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think it's refreshing that she hasn't rushed to decorate / renovate her new house. Compared with other youtubers such as Lily Pebbles, who renovated her house in six months thanks to ~PR Gifts/Discounts (& is now re-doing a lot of the work as she's changed or mind) it's good to see Lucy taking it slow like most of us would have to.

Reactions: 8
I don't really think most of us would have to. It's a choice in most cases.

Yes, take your time to make sure you're 100% happy with what you're going to do but, I'm sorry, I keep bringing it up, ceiling, skirting and doors are usually first and the fact she hasn't change the light shades say to me she's waiting for freebies because they don't cost alot and pretty easy to change. The crappy ones she has now Completely ruined the looks of the rooms. Little changes like that can change the look completely and don't need to spend a lot so can't see why she hasn't done it.

Reactions: 3

Yes, take your time to make sure you're 100% happy with what you're going to do but, I'm sorry, I keep bringing it up, ceiling, skirting and doors are usually first and the fact she hasn't change the light shades say to me she's waiting for freebies because they don't cost alot and pretty easy to change. The crappy ones she has now Completely ruined the looks of the rooms. Little changes like that can change the look completely and don't need to spend a lot so can't see why she hasn't done it.
I am about to redecorate my hall and I’m doing ceiling first, then walls, woodwork last. I wouldn’t want to splash ceiling or wall paint on the freshly done skirting boards.

Reactions: 1
Fair enough but I've always known 6hose 3 to be first but at the very least ceiling is before walls 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Really? Buying a house is a massive financial and emotional decision. I'd say you'd have to be in a privledged position to launch quickly into a full redecoration / renovation.

I also didn't notice the ceiling, doors or skirting but I guess I'm not observant for those type of things haha. Sounds like they're probably making their lives harder later, but oh well.

Her sponsorship payments won’t come in until after she’s done them, so she may be really tight on money now but won’t be in a few months, i think they’re getting the bathroom done next so are saving for that! tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if she does do the ceilings etc in the next few weeks out of pure boredom 🤣

Reactions: 2
Maybe in normal situations this wouldn’t seem so odd to me but 3 months of lockdown has pushed a lot of people to stay busy and productive. If she has admitted work dried up for her then what was she actually doing most days? We could literally only leave the house once a day, staring at those dirty discoloured ceilings and dirty lampshades from the previous owners would make me feel on edge but maybe that’s me. What happened to having pride in your home and getting the most out of it? I never once mentioned the size of the house because I didn’t even notice tbh! It’s their first house that they’ve bought, what an amazing achievement. So why leave it so dowdy looking? The most excited she seemed in that video was over a hanging fruit bowl, says a lot.

Reactions: 4
People are coping in different ways. I’ve been very productive but my boyfriend has a history of depression and just wants to sit on the couch and he’s very overwhelmed with everything going on (his mum is high risk). I am not going to force him to do stuff that makes him unhappy because the world is horrible enough as it is right now.

Reactions: 12
No, I totally get it but for me personally Id have to at least do the ceiling, it changes a room, along with the light shades! She's into her crafting so she could even make one for the time being. She was quick to gett rid of the tartan curtains which had nothing wrong with them but is happy with dirty roof and shades 🤷🏻‍♀️.

It is a huge achievement buying a house and I'm glad they've not gone for generic, boring, new build (I'd have a new build but not the same greys and crushed velvet they all seem to have) and I kno wits hard work to do up a house, I absolutely get that and I also understand they've done things that we aren't able to see.

Maybe it is laziness, maybe it's money (which I find hard to believe) but we'll never know and are definitely not entitled to know and like I said before don't really care to know but people will always speculate about things.

Even the stairs, she's complainrd alot baiut them but still hasn't done them. I know a decent runner and hardwood flooring can cost a lot but as it's the first thing you see walking in, I would have done it after the 2 main rooms but thats just me. Everyone is different and prioritises different things and that's fine.

Even the stairs, she's complainrd alot baiut them but still hasn't done them. I know a decent runner and hardwood flooring can cost a lot but as it's the first thing you see walking in, I would have done it after the 2 main rooms but thats just me. Everyone is different and prioritises different things and that's fine.
Yeah, the stairs are actually surprising, indeed it's the first thing you see but the old carpeting on the stairs looks grubby, icky, just worn-out and disgusting. I love walking barefoot but wouldn't walk barefoot if our stairs were in such state! (we're renting our place but our carpet on the stairs is much newer plus we had it steam cleaned when we moved in so I walk barefoot all the time 😊 )

Oh the thought of walkinh barefoot on that carpet hurts me 😂😂 I don't care if that's dramatic, haha.

I walk around barefoot all the time but our carpets aren't like that! It also gets me that she walks outside barefoot too! Then she walks around indoors with her dirty outdoor covered feet 😭

• Sick
I think she’s not replaced the carpet because she doesn’t know what to do with the stairs/hat they’d like, I think when she does what we’ve done in a year things will be slightly different, they also haven’t been able to get anyone round for a big chunk of the 6 months too, which might have been their plan

Reactions: 1
I think she’s not replaced the carpet because she doesn’t know what to do with the stairs/hat they’d like, I think when she does what we’ve done in a year things will be slightly different, they also haven’t been able to get anyone round for a big chunk of the 6 months too, which might have been their plan

True! I think her plans will look nice when she manages to get it done but I'd have to wear slippers in the meantime and the fact she goes outside barefoot! Lodas of people I know walk around outside barefoot and I don't get the appeal😭 didn't she stand barefoot on a snail one time too? That would push me to wear something in my feet outside!!

Haha. I love the bathroom ideas she put on Instagram and hope she goes for the walk in shower as that made the most of the space. I think her kitchen is decent, a few more cupboards and things would be ideal but not something she can change quickly! Still bothered by the living room fridge, why didn't she measure the space in the kitchen?? Its going to look so weird when she does move it into the kitchen, haha.

I moved house exactly one week before lockdown. We haven’t painted any ceilings because quite honestly, it is a crap job to do and wasn’t a priority to us. We painted the walls because they are what had the biggest impact on the place feeling more like our own. Just because you would do something doesn’t make her, me or anyone else lazy for choosing not to do it. I have better things to invest my time in than painting a ceiling that doesn’t bother me. We painted the bedrooms and living room walls, everything else has stayed the same because it’s a complete waste of money, resources and time to paint it white/any other colour to then just change our minds again. We are working out what to do with the spaces first, taking it one step at a time because that is the most economical thing to do as well as the least wasteful! There’s influencers out there who have been breaking social distancing rules for the last few months but if you want to jump on someone for not painting THEIR ceiling then I think you need to step back and evaluate what really matters in life lol

Reactions: 20
I moved house exactly one week before lockdown. We haven’t painted any ceilings because quite honestly, it is a crap job to do and wasn’t a priority to us. We painted the walls because they are what had the biggest impact on the place feeling more like our own. Just because you would do something doesn’t make her, me or anyone else lazy for choosing not to do it. I have better things to invest my time in than painting a ceiling that doesn’t bother me. We painted the bedrooms and living room walls, everything else has stayed the same because it’s a complete waste of money, resources and time to paint it white/any other colour to then just change our minds again. We are working out what to do with the spaces first, taking it one step at a time because that is the most economical thing to do as well as the least wasteful! There’s influencers out there who have been breaking social distancing rules for the last few months but if you want to jump on someone for not painting THEIR ceiling then I think you need to step back and evaluate what really matters in life lol
Same here! Moved into our new home a few weeks before lockdown and have been taking things slowly too.

I actually feel like they've done loads on their house in quite a short time, although I really like that they are taking their time to make decisions and Lucy has mentioned the financial impact. Much more relatable!

I think the order in which people paint their skirting boards/walls/ceilings is no indication of 'laziness'... it's just personal preference and what works best in your house! We've also painted walls first and messed up the skirting boards in the process, so glad we are leaving those until last...

Also, Lucy is fairly open about her mental health problems and this is a bloody weird time for everyone. I actually think she has been keeping herself fairly busy in a lot of ways!

I wonder if her regular celebrity journalist job is still going throughout lockdown?

(PS: No idea if this is a rave thread so sorry if not!)

Reactions: 8
I wonder if her regular celebrity journalist job is still going throughout lockdown?

(PS: No idea if this is a rave thread so sorry if not!)
I was wondering about that too! She hasn't mentioned it for a while and she had done in the past. I think sometimes she would work from home to write her piece but sometimes she would go to their office which she obviously can't do during lockdown but she could still work from home so it would be interesting to find out.

I think it was originally a rave thread but if someone is a medium-size YouTuber like Luce, there is now point in having 2 separate threads. Especially that all the criticism here is reasonable and not rude or mean.

I like her. I do think she's relatable but I am also a privileged, fairly lazy, white girl.

I would be hesitant calling Lucy lazy though, she has talked about her mental health a lot and we know she goes to therapy. I think the self deprecating humour is part of this too. Lockdown has been hard on everyone, Lucy already has struggles with her mental health, she's far away from family and I don't know if her therapy sessions have been cancelled during all of this?

It may be due to funds, it might be that she's not in the right place mentally or it may just be that she can't be arsed. It doesn't bother me though, it's her house.

I'm glad her content he's gone away from the size 14/16 hauls though, I enjoyed them but they were obviously having an impact on her mental health. She ended up becoming this big body positivity advocate when she's not that body confident in herself, must have been quite difficult and conflicting.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Lucy if you're reading this please paint your ceilings, it does wonders for a room and painting them last will be a nightmare. The glosswork comes last so we're happy to wait. Otherwise please continue normal service. Many thanks ;)

I have literally said that I know people do things differently. I said it's all I've known and think it's backwards to do it any other way but I LITERALLY said people do things different, did you even read my posts? You've just come on here to have a go at me so maybe evaluate your life.

I think she's lazy for not changing things like light shades. I think its silly for doing the ceiling after the walls.

My opinion, I didn't have a go at anyone else for a differing opinion.

Just because other influencers are breaking rules doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on something??

Please go back and read my posts before you have a go at me.

I like her. I do think she's relatable but I am also a privileged, fairly lazy, white girl.

I would be hesitant calling Lucy lazy though, she has talked about her mental health a lot and we know she goes to therapy. I think the self deprecating humour is part of this too. Lockdown has been hard on everyone, Lucy already has struggles with her mental health, she's far away from family and I don't know if her therapy sessions have been cancelled during all of this?

It may be due to funds, it might be that she's not in the right place mentally or it may just be that she can't be arsed. It doesn't bother me though, it's her house.

I'm glad her content he's gone away from the size 14/16 hauls though, I enjoyed them but they were obviously having an impact on her mental health. She ended up becoming this big body positivity advocate when she's not that body confident in herself, must have been quite difficult and conflicting.
Yes, 100% agree, you could tell she didn't enjoy the clothing content. She was uncomfortable but tried to make jokes but it was upsetting to watch!

The only thing that gets me with the whole self deprecating thing (I do it too but I'm not on YouTube!) is when she had the rant baiut the before and after of Adele, she made some valid pointw but at the same time constantly puts herself down meaning someone that looks like her or has something the same as her is then going to feel down about that thing? Which is what she was saying with Adele so a bit hypocritical

Like I said, I don't care what she spend money on, how much she earns, what she does and doesn't do with her house. I just thinks it weird to not do the ceiling first and leaving things like the dirty light shades.

I wasn't having a go at her for not doing anything, I also said I understand that she has done loads that we can't see but it seems people only want to read certain bits of some posts and have a go for no reason.

Last edited:
  • Angry