Lucy Jane Wood

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s definitely not to my tastes. She’s really leaning into the 70s styling right now isn’t she.

Reactions: 4
I'm not impressed with the bathroom video, it has all the elements I'd normally love (except the floor tiles), but it doesn't work for their space. That bathroom is too small and that chimney breast just gives me anxiety, I would hit myself on it all the time. Before it was slanted, but now they made it square with sharp corners. Ouch. The bath tap is sticking out too far. I just hate the free standing bath solution they went for and the brushed brass colour is very pale, almost antiqued brass type of pale brass.

I adore brushed brass and used it a lot in my own home, but I expect it to look more like this

1620570724994.png

Lucy is already talking about kitchen reno. I guess not having the money and having to save up wasn't actually stopping them if they can afford major renos one after the other.

Reactions: 7
Lucy is already talking about kitchen reno. I guess not having the money and having to save up wasn't actually stopping them if they can afford major renos one after the other.
They could have saved more money off the back of covid etc than they thought and it might be because they’re in the house way more now than they ever will be they want to do it? Or they could be in debt and will just add to it? We’ll never know but they do earn a serious amount each so could be that they aren’t putting it off anymore

Reactions: 6
They could have saved more money off the back of covid etc than they thought and it might be because they’re in the house way more now than they ever will be they want to do it? Or they could be in debt and will just add to it? We’ll never know but they do earn a serious amount each so could be that they aren’t putting it off anymore
She said how hard they had to save just a month ago, so it's not the covid savings allowing them to have this. Plus new kitchens are like £8-15k if you go for the cheaper option. £20k and up if you go for devol. I just don't see the need to make a song and a dance about saving so hard just to be relatable and then do the opposite a month later.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She said how hard they had to save just a month ago, so it's not the covid savings allowing them to have this. Plus new kitchens are like £8-15k if you go for the cheaper option. £20k and up if you go for devol. I just don't see the need to make a song and a dance about saving so hard just to be relatable and then do the opposite a month later.
Yupp if you really are having a hard time trying to save up money, you don't buy a £45 skirt.

• Haha
Express self-love by buying the Body Shop

I guess now we're know who's paying for the kitchen reno
Screenshot_20210509-201621.png

Screenshot_20210509-201628.png

Screenshot_20210509-201634.png

Screenshot_20210509-201650.png

It's also strange how there is some text that it's a little blurry and the Body Shop handle added on top of it? Like she wrote it and then copied and pasted or something and the added the handle and hashtags later. Just a bit odd in terms of designing/editing the Stories.

Express self-love by buying the Body Shop

I guess now we're know who's paying for the kitchen reno
View attachment 566914
View attachment 566921
View attachment 566929
View attachment 566930
It's also strange how there is some text that it's a little blurry and the Body Shop handle added on top of it? Like she wrote it and then copied and pasted or something and the added the handle and hashtags later. Just a bit odd in terms of designing/editing the Stories.
a lot of ppl do this, it's so brands can approve the wording and ig doesn't make tags interactive if saved!! tbf i've seen gina martin take part in the same campaign and i really respect her & her content so this doesn't seem as cash grabby imo

Reactions: 6
The new bathroom is very nice I can’t argue with that, but it is a pet peeve of mine when people cram those big fancy freestanding baths into a space that clearly isn’t big enough for one. We just did our bathroom and I desperately wanted one but just accepted it would look silly in my small bathroom... and mine is bigger than theirs!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I love (hate) how corporate capitalism has co-opted the self-love movement, when it is the very thing that makes people not love themselves in the first place.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Yes and the only reason for Lucy and people like influencers to post this kind of stuff is all for a pay day 🙄🙄🙄 call me cynical, but I’d find it all more believable if she was posting it genuinely without strings attached.

Reactions: 10
Yes and the only reason for Lucy and people like influencers to post this kind of stuff is all for a pay day 🙄🙄🙄 call me cynical, but I’d find it all more believable if she was posting it genuinely without strings attached.
Or posting "Friyay" on a Friday :rolleyes: I am particularly bitter about the Friday thing because I had to change job because of Covid and weekends off are no longer guaranteed and it had opened my eyes to how many people actually don't work Monday to Friday 9 to 5 jobs.

Or posting "Friyay" on a Friday :rolleyes: I am particularly bitter about the Friday thing because I had to change job because of Covid and weekends off are no longer guaranteed and it had opened my eyes to how many people actually don't work Monday to Friday 9 to 5 jobs.
Yeah she works from home, is her own boss to all extent, doing a very cushty job, surely any day can be a ‘fri-yay’ - hardly working that 40 hour grind is she.

Reactions: 11
Hate the floor but do like the tiles on the walls.
The bathroom will def be smelly & gross from mold behind the bathtub.
The rainfall shower is way too far out & for sure the shower curtain will stick to you cos you're standing so close to it.
What happens if you don't buff the brushed brass after it gets wet? Can it not be un smudged if left too long or?

This is from a few days ago and maybe it's just me, but calling teams of people "gangs" is kind of outdated now, not cool, and in bad taste?
Screenshot_20210511-001718.png

Also, Lucy, are you now complaining about having to do your chosen job?
Screenshot_20210512-234539.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think the bathroom looks great but would agree there seem to be some issues with being able to clean around and under the bath and sink. Was also wondering about the practicalities of showering beside that large box. But if she is happy, then good for her.

I also don't think it is fair to complain about how much or little they have saved. No one has any ideas about their personal finances and there are many factors that could play into their kitchen reno. Maybe the bathroom renovation was not as expensive as expected, maybe they added to their debt and realized that sorting the kitchen was a top priority for them in light of how much time Adam spends in there. Maybe Lucy has started to receive more paid work than she was getting during lockdown which is making the kitchen renovation more realistic. I don't think that she was intentionally lying about their money situation and saving. They probably have been saving aggressively, especially considering lockdown has made it harder to spend money.

I can understand that it can feel a bit annoying when a viewer is also saving for some bigger purchases and it is taking longer than it did for them. But I don't think there is any need to be bitter about it. It is not like she is rubbing it in our faces and honestly, I think Lucy and Adam deserve all good things in life. Jealously doesn't make your personal goals any closer to being realized and just adds to needless negative energy.

I am not aiming this at anyone in particular. I just think that is so important to remember that "comparison is the thief of joy".

Reactions: 25
For me it's more that she tries so hard to be "relatable" all the time with her "omg tiles are SO EXPENSIVE GUYS AMIRITE" etc etc and then blows £60 on a little bath caddy. Now she is going to roll right into a kitchen reno so she can fit her £1.5k fridge in.... Like, pick a side plz.

• Heart
Reactions: 16