Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I had a listen to Colin Brazier last night. He was ok. Nothing earth shattering.
I'll take 'nothing earth shattering' at this point. I didn't listen but I'm going to say I'd like to have him on instead of Lammy. Fuck, I'd like to have the sound of a flushing toilet for 3 hours instead of Lammy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

FunkyPhil

I have to admit, I do miss Steve in the morning. Yes I know I used to moan about things like the one sided producer chat and hearing the same stories over and over again but as he said himself, he is "light ent" and he could be quite funny. Ian "I don't know" Payne is out of his depth with topical issues and he makes so many gaffes. Like this morning when speaking to Danni Hewson and she was reporting re Royal Mail and warning they could be going into administration and Ian butted in about how bad they treated all the Post Office workers who were wrongly accused of fraud. It was nothing to do with Royal Mail as it was the Post Office. And as for him constantly reading out the telephone number every other sentence, I eventually have to switch off.
It was just a really sad way for someone who had been part of the station since the year dot to go. I can perfectly understand LBC wanting a more topical pre-breakfast show in keeping with the rest of the station and I'm enjoying Ian's programme, but Steve's lighter format would have worked really well at weekends and bank holidays. I sincerely hope Steve is OK. As others have said the job seemed to be his life, to lose it so suddenly must have been a massive blow to him.

Reactions: 8

thewittowoo

I get that people were upset that the country voted to leave the EU. I get that they don't think it was in the best economic interests of the UK. I get it's their right in a democracy to still have a particular point of view

What I don't understand is their incessant whinging and blaming of everything on Brexit. Do they think that 7 years on they're going to suddenly change people's minds on what is the most polarised political issue in decades ? I voted to leave, I'd vote to leave again if there were another referendum tomorrow. It's reached the stage now where I actually feel sorry for people still feeling bitter. They're the kind of people who have to have someone or something to hate on. It's in their DNA.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
I set up a job to auto post steve's tweets on here, thought it might be a good idea :LOL:

I hope he doesn't start posting more than once every three weeks..

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Steve tweeted again today ... this time about Hampton Court.

Hopefully his re-emergence on Twitter means he's doing ok.

• Heart

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
I set up a job to auto post steve's tweets on here, thought it might be a good idea :LOL:

I hope he doesn't start posting more than once every three weeks..
Good idea, a few folk don't do the Twitter, but we can now see that Steve is alive & well.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I've noticed this recently with LBC. They are either putting click bait type callers on the air to be controversial or it's society. I'd prefer to think it LBC.
It's the 'footballification' of society (it's in my book). :rolleyes:

I missed Steve this morning, I woke up and wanted to be eased into the day only to have grim calls about gambling addiction. The doom and gloom is fucking relentless.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
If Steve is to make it to 70 he'll need to get back on the air ASAP 😬

Have talk radio or GB news spoken about him? Would he really take a pay off to not join a rival? I'd of thought having a job would be more important to him than money.
He'd be a lot better suited to Boom Radio I think. He could still do a lot of chat and throw in the odd song.It's where Paul O'Grady was heading.

I'm usually a bit non plussed about celebrity deaths but I was genuinely sad this morning. I had a real soft spot for Paul.

Yel

Chatty Member
New thread, Steve is still off the air but has posted a couple of times on social media

Screenshot_20230329_134058_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
James will be drooling with glee...Tomorrow's show sorted.
I wonder how many 'emotional' callers will on today. There's already been one just now ... she was 'shaking with rage'. It's only 6:30am ffs ... is it a full moon this week or something? They are letting on some right ones this week. I expect a full 2 hours of Sheila encouraging callers to ring-in and talk about not being able to visit their dying mother in the care home. Will this blood-letting never fucking end? The problem is, even if Boris' head was put on a spike on Westerminster Bridge and the UK rejoined the EU certain presenters on LBC would be still be raging against the machine and stuck in a permenant doom-loop ... it's almost as if they enjoy it. :rolleyes:

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I didn't listen to Nick Abbot last night but he's had a very odd take on the Schofield story the last couple of days. I can only assume he really doesn't know the full story or he's being obtuse.

Also, those saying this is all to distract us from the real stories can get in the bin. This is a massive story. Not everything is a cover up by the Tory government. This is a cover up by ITV 😉

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I tried listening to nick A after not turning in for a while, but his intro was all about how dare the French check people's passports like the British demanded... 😴

Yeah it's a no from me. Surely many on either side can't still be interested in the same old brexit debate we've had for years. Only the rabid people on either side who repeat the same things again and again. And that was the "fun" saturday night show
And no one is mentioning that Eurotunnel and flights are running fine. Or that the carriers have overbooked for many of the coaches? Or strikes at boarder control?

Yes, they have to look at every passport which is a pain in the backside but there are other contributing factors to this mess.

You'd think they could muster up extra staff to cope with what they knew would be a massive weekend for travelling. There's a lot of bloody mindedness going on.

Reactions: 6

thewittowoo

Not sure that 'I accidentally sent the version before my staff removed all the stuff I really think" is the defence you think it is.

Three years ago Labour campaigned to put Corbyn in 10 Downing Street and Abbott in charge of the police, the justice system, the prison service and immigration.

• Sick
@

@steveallenshow

Can it really be 5 years since Dale left us, what memories we have poppet, only we know the truth.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
I certainly moaned about Steve, but much in the same way I'd moan about a friend or family member 😆. It's not quite the same when I'm going through bouts of bad sleep patterns and him not being there. I was already listening to lbc less and that's continued even more. The other morning I even thought I'd rather JHB than nick.

Yel

Chatty Member
I do genuinely wonder what he's up to these days. Still miss him.
Same. Steve Allen and the queen are two constants that were around for decades.

I just hope he's doing well, has adjusted and is enjoying life not working.

• Heart