LBC Chit Chat #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes. The way that guy was talking you'd think he was being oppressed or persecuted, which is the only time I think the issue of identity should cause tears. UK law is pretty good at protecting people from that stuff. If someone wants to call themselves European nobody is going to come Knockin on the door saying they can't.
The guy was from Norway too, which isn't even a full member of the EU. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The guy was from Norway too, which isn't even a full member of the EU. :rolleyes:
Hadn't he moved here and relinquished his Norwegian passport? Ideal "fodder" for James but it all got very intense so James had to shut him down in the name of "empathy" and "compassion" for a suffering human being deeply affected by....Brexit of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hadn't he moved here and relinquished his Norwegian passport? Ideal "fodder" for James but it all got very intense so James had to shut him down in the name of "empathy" and "compassion" for a suffering human being deeply affected by....Brexit of course.
I mean, where to begin? James really does remind me of Jeremy Kyle in the way he carries on, it's like they are brothers from another mother or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Whoever was screening those calls needs to be bollocked.

I agree about the Jeremy Kyle connection...It's tasteless and cruel to exploit people who ring in but who are ripe for the taking in terms of "entertainment" value.

Reactions: 3
James being very disingenous over the Pip Schofield coverage.

'Why is he getting so much coverage when I get more listeners than they do viewers' ..... :rolleyes:

You know perfectly well James that the media are just biding their time until they can print the real story.
Perhaps James is also nervous because of his own past record.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
James will be drooling with glee...Tomorrow's show sorted.
I wonder how many 'emotional' callers will on today. There's already been one just now ... she was 'shaking with rage'. It's only 6:30am ffs ... is it a full moon this week or something? They are letting on some right ones this week. I expect a full 2 hours of Sheila encouraging callers to ring-in and talk about not being able to visit their dying mother in the care home. Will this blood-letting never bleeping end? The problem is, even if Boris' head was put on a spike on Westerminster Bridge and the UK rejoined the EU certain presenters on LBC would be still be raging against the machine and stuck in a permenant doom-loop ... it's almost as if they enjoy it. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wonder how many 'emotional' callers will on today. There's already been one just now ... she was 'shaking with rage'. It's only 6:30am ffs ... is it a full moon this week or something? They are letting on some right ones this week. I expect a full 2 hours of Sheila encouraging callers to ring-in and talk about not being able to visit their dying mother in the care home. Will this blood-letting never bleeping end? The problem is, even if Boris' head was put on a spike on Westerminster Bridge and the UK rejoined the EU certain presenters on LBC would be still be raging against the machine and stuck in a permenant doom-loop ... it's almost as if they enjoy it. :rolleyes:
The caller Claire who I think you are referring to was on the same time a couple of mornings ago with the exact same rage about Suella. People who react this way over these trivial issues (trivial in the sense of all the other tit that is going on right now) need to get a life. The guy who called saying he was reading a story of a 16 year old boy being shot in the street in the middle of the day hit the nail on the head. These are the areas where our police should be putting all their resources.

Interesting a couple of callers saying this could actually backfire spectacularly for the lefties 😁

Reactions: 3
Interesting a couple of callers saying this could actually backfire spectacularly for the lefties 😁
I actually thought that. And it made me think it could actually be a deliberate tactic, ie: Everyone is picking on Boris (again). It does seem crazy though how Boris is able to get all his legal representation paid for by taxpayers (presumably other MPs would too). Is he not at least means tested? Private Eye reported he got 250k from a speech he gave in Nigeria the other week! Still ... all this shite keeps the news rolling doesn't it, they are the only people who seem to win out of all this crap we're wading through.

Steve will be so jealous! 😒

@IainDale

Yesterday morning I had a cheer me up call from Gyles Brandreth, and boy did I need it. Today I’ve had a lovely message from Cliff Richard. There’s a possibility I may be able to go home later, if I can prove to the physio I can manage stairs.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Managed ten minutes of Jobby before clicky off. Immigration and Boris; he must have been wetting himself with excitement on his way to work. Being dismissed as 'Gammon' doesn't bother me personally but, nonethless, it could be defined as a form of racism. It's not a race but it could count as a religion. It is with some people. Anyway, it lumps 52% of the population together and dismisses them as ignorant idiots.

Managed ten minutes of Jobby before clicky off. Immigration and Boris; he must have been wetting himself with excitement on his way to work. Being dismissed as 'Gammon' doesn't bother me personally but, nonethless, it could be defined as a form of racism. It's not a race but it could count as a religion. It is with some people. Anyway, it lumps 52% of the population together and dismisses them as ignorant idiots.
First couple of callers were great.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.