LBC Chit Chat #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think lots of people get called on the right for not liking him when in fact they agree with him on many things. It's strange.
His sneering personality doesn't exactly foster goodwill. Personally I think that's down to his self-loathing. Besides, if everyone started liking him and agreeing with him he'd be professionally dead in the water. As always with a comment like this, there is the possiblity that his schtick is all just an act.

Reactions: 3
Doesn't he always?
---

I think he has the ability to switch your words around so that even though you know you are right, he will convince you, you are not !
He'd make a good barrister.

I'd quite like to take him on but would never get past the gatekeepers of his show..Unless I donned my sycophant guise and professed undying love and fearful timidity at the prospect of talking to the Great One.

Reactions: 1
I do genuinely wonder what he's up to these days. Still miss him.
Same. Steve Allen and the queen are two constants that were around for decades.

I just hope he's doing well, has adjusted and is enjoying life not working.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Same. Steve Allen and the queen are two constants that were around for decades.

I just hope he's doing well, has adjusted and enjoying life not working.
Maybe I should ask Dawn Neesom who she listens to in the morning now. Where does she get her jacker advice from these days?

Reactions: 2
He'd make a good barrister.

I'd quite like to take him on but would never get past the gatekeepers of his show..Unless I donned my sycophant guise and professed undying love and fearful timidity at the prospect of talking to the Great One.

Or sound a bit thick and get put through for a bit of public humiliation and a 'love to the family'

• Sick
Congrats to John Duffett who won The Magic Circle’s ‘Close-up Magician of the Year 2023’ this week.
John joins the roll-call of winners who are on our website. You might even catch up with him at one of our Close-up shows ! #magic

media%2FFuvkFuUXoAAZcqr.jpg
media%2FFuvkIO1XoAUpvAm.jpg

• Heart
Or sound a bit thick and get put through for a bit of public humiliation and a 'love to the family'
It is amusing on the rare occassion he tries to goad someone and it falls flat, then he really comes across as a prat. :LOL: Remember that Tory councillor who posed for a photo outside of a food bank and Jobby when on one of his rants and the bloke just said: "Well they asked me to come and wanted a photo" ... Yes, BUT YOU WERE SMILING!!! "Well ... I thought it would be rude if I wasn't polite"... on and on it went. lol.

• Haha
John from Liverpool is on the phone to Nick again, getting very animated about strikes
😁
Colin from Windsor wanted to call, as he never misses a minute of Nick's show.

But I guess he is saving his strength for another call to his tennis hero Andrew Castle. One day he will summon up the strength to ask for a signed tennis ball.

• Haha
James got his "love to the family" jibe in this morning when a caller dared to criticise paragon Mick Lynch. He really can't "let it go" and needs reassurance from his sycophants that he is so sharp,perceptive and...right.

• Haha
James got his "love to the family" jibe in this morning when a caller dared to criticise paragon Mick Lynch. He really can't "let it go" and needs reassurance from his sycophants that he is so sharp,perceptive and...right.
Everyday's a school day for master O'Brien. Oh what japes. :rolleyes:

Well the caller was quite thick and got personal when he couldn't back his argument up.

Well the caller was quite thick and got personal when he couldn't back his argument up.
What's expected? Callers who have had a public education and work in broadcast media? :rolleyes: Fact is, if James didn't have callers with low intellect and/or an inability to articulate their argument his act wouldn't work. Should be grateful the bloke called-in.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.