LBC Chit Chat #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread, Steve is still off the air but has posted a couple of times on social media

Screenshot_20230329_134058_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Steve has out-lived Dale, Babs, and Paul ... the man is a miracle to modern medicine. 🧐

Reactions: 4
If Steve is to make it to 70 he'll need to get back on the air ASAP 😬

Have talk radio or GB news spoken about him? Would he really take a pay off to not join a rival? I'd of thought having a job would be more important to him than money.

Reactions: 1
If Steve is to make it to 70 he'll need to get back on the air ASAP 😬

Have talk radio or GB news spoken about him? Would he really take a pay off to not join a rival? I'd of thought having a job would be more important to him than money.
He'd be a lot better suited to Boom Radio I think. He could still do a lot of chat and throw in the odd song.It's where Paul O'Grady was heading.

I'm usually a bit non plussed about celebrity deaths but I was genuinely sad this morning. I had a real soft spot for Paul.

Reactions: 7
I have to admit, I do miss Steve in the morning. Yes I know I used to moan about things like the one sided producer chat and hearing the same stories over and over again but as he said himself, he is "light ent" and he could be quite funny. Ian "I don't know" Payne is out of his depth with topical issues and he makes so many gaffes. Like this morning when speaking to Danni Hewson and she was reporting re Royal Mail and warning they could be going into administration and Ian butted in about how bad they treated all the Post Office workers who were wrongly accused of fraud. It was nothing to do with Royal Mail as it was the Post Office. And as for him constantly reading out the telephone number every other sentence, I eventually have to switch off.

Reactions: 5
We all moaned about Steve from time to time. I haven't listened to Iain Payne once since he took over.

Afternoon all. Been busy, so just made it here !

At the end of the last page there was the question about the banner on James' cliips. Is it happening on all clips? It is subtitles which I gratefully receive! Sometimes I find the voice not loud enough to hear, even when my speaker volume is turned up. Some people do not speak clearly!

Other matters: Listening figures. The current RAJAR survey is between 2 January and 2 April. Most of that time Steve was on air and therefore any blip will hardly be noticed. The following survey will be between 3 April and 25 June, which will be released at midnight on 3 August, by which time we will be saying "Who was Steve Allen?" !!!!!

If you listen to Global's 'The News Agents' it has had 24 million downloads since its launch. I listened when it first started, but TBH don't have the time to listen everyday. https://radiotoday.co.uk/2023/03/globals-the-news-agents-podcast-hits-24-million-downloads/

Afternoon all. Been busy, so just made it here !

At the end of the last page there was the question about the banner on James' cliips. Is it happening on all clips? It is subtitles which I gratefully receive! Sometimes I find the voice not loud enough to hear, even when my speaker volume is turned up. Some people do not speak clearly!
They seem all over the place now. I saw them on a clip of Marr and one of Shelagh. They're really distracting.

I certainly moaned about Steve, but much in the same way I'd moan about a friend or family member 😆. It's not quite the same when I'm going through bouts of bad sleep patterns and him not being there. I was already listening to lbc less and that's continued even more. The other morning I even thought I'd rather JHB than nick.

Reactions: 6
I see Nick Abbot and Ben Kentish are fighting over who should present the 10pm slot next week

Nick: "You can do it Ben"
Ben: "I would never forgive myself depriving your audience of more of you. I will let you do it" ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Jimbo actually sees himself as some sort of healer/guide/guru.
That's a good racket that line of work, always a sucker out there and coin to be made. Bloke is 'orrible, no wonder he sympathizes with Prince Harry ... rich people love telling poor people how to think and how to live their lives don't they. Ugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I have to admit, I do miss Steve in the morning. Yes I know I used to moan about things like the one sided producer chat and hearing the same stories over and over again but as he said himself, he is "light ent" and he could be quite funny. Ian "I don't know" Payne is out of his depth with topical issues and he makes so many gaffes. Like this morning when speaking to Danni Hewson and she was reporting re Royal Mail and warning they could be going into administration and Ian butted in about how bad they treated all the Post Office workers who were wrongly accused of fraud. It was nothing to do with Royal Mail as it was the Post Office. And as for him constantly reading out the telephone number every other sentence, I eventually have to switch off.
It was just a really sad way for someone who had been part of the station since the year dot to go. I can perfectly understand LBC wanting a more topical pre-breakfast show in keeping with the rest of the station and I'm enjoying Ian's programme, but Steve's lighter format would have worked really well at weekends and bank holidays. I sincerely hope Steve is OK. As others have said the job seemed to be his life, to lose it so suddenly must have been a massive blow to him.

Reactions: 8
As this is the first page of a thread please do give a TLDR / recap of the last thread if you can and if someone hasn't already, thanks :)

As requested, here is a quick recap of the last thread.

It is all about LBC. Listening to the programmes on LBC. Discussion about the presenters (and sometimes the Management!). Discussion about the content of a programme. Sometimes a poster does go off track and tells us how they are going to save the world .... but that normally happens on another forum!

BTW What is a TLDR ?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.