Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
I switched on to James for a few mins this morning, heard a caller mentioning Isabel Oakshott and the leaks from Hancock. James then sighs and says "yeah but she didn't actually do any journalism, she just leaked messages that Hancock had sent" as if James has ever done any investigative work, ever. He just moans about what is wrong, but doesn't do anything about it really. He sells books and gets paid to appear at talks where he talks about what is wrong, but does nothing to fix it.
All his "investigative work" relies on Twitter & whatever way the wind is blowing.
He's an incredibly lazy broadcaster with his head up his own arse.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
I don't think there is one politician out there who is in it for genuine reasons, for the people. They are all self serving and corrupt.
There are 650 MPs. I'm pretty sure a large percentage of them are genuine in their efforts to improve life for their constituents in particular and the world in general. For every member who makes negative headlines, there must be many others like the late David Amess, who was motivated only by the purpose of his job.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Nick Abbot is as disingenuous as any of them at LBC. He opened his show with a rant about all the articles the Daily Mail have done about Schofield. He mentioned 15 of them. The thing was, he left out number 16 which was the one were Carol McGiffin had given her opinions. :rolleyes:

• Haha

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
As someone pointed out earlier ... he only takes positions on certain subjects to keep his loyal 'followers' happy. I really don't think he gives two fucks about anything other than himself and Twitter.

He's the ultimate grifter. His TV career crashed and burned faster than a Musk rocket. Plays his echo chamber like a fiddle and they lap it up

• Haha

Redvers36

VIP Member
Last night I was doing my washing up and had a blast for the past sort of memory.

Back in the day I would sometimes do my Sunday night washing up listening to the repeat of Steve Allen's In Conversation.

There is nothing on LBC these days on a Sunday that I want to listen to.

• Heart

karma4klattie

VIP Member
Ian Payne announced that they are a bit "short staffed" at LBC just now.
Have you broken curfew at Brinsworth House again?
It's well known that all forms of speech radio are forbidden there, instead it's a constant diet of Max Bygraves & Don Estelle over the tannoy system.
Is it true that all the HSL riser/recliner chairs have built-in speakers??

Give my regards to Steve x
It's 'the law of unintended consequences' in action. Fall out with Steve Allen and destabilize the entire LBC schedule for months. Why don't the clowns fall to their knees and and beg Steve to go back?

I'll never stop missing him. I've had to stop listening to Steve Allen The Whole Show because, for some reason, I receive two shows simultaneously talking over one another, so I'm permanently tuned in to A Little Bit Extra with the volume turned to zero once my day starts so that I'm not forever in the Groundhog Day of February 17th.

Having had it on constantly from 4am every day for donkey's years I no longer listen to LBC at all, but I can't find any other radio station to replace it. When I try to go back to LBC within the first few words you always get Brexit or Suella Braverman and I know I'd be bored shitless by the turgid LBC diet so.........click.........and off it goes again.

Radio 4 is getting as bad, in desperation I tried Premier Radio because they don't do politics or speak in that ghastly urgent and bullying way that is taking over, many of the discussions are very interesting but the basic belief doesn't vibe with me. What are you, my fellow tattlers, listening to?

• Heart
  • Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
It was never a good idea to have a husband and wife combo in the two most powerful posts in the party. I'm surprised the SNP allowed it.
I don't think there is one politician out there who is in it for genuine reasons, for the people. They are all self serving and corrupt.

• Heart

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Ian Payne announced that they are a bit "short staffed" at LBC just now.
Have you broken curfew at Brinsworth House again?
It's well known that all forms of speech radio are forbidden there, instead it's a constant diet of Max Bygraves & Don Estelle over the tannoy system.
Is it true that all the HSL riser/recliner chairs have built-in speakers??

Give my regards to Steve x

You've got someone who was a loyal servant and worker of yours for over 40 years, who'd work 7 days a week if asked and bring in the biggest audience of any radio station in his time slot who appears to have got binned for speaking the biological truth and fell foul of the dystopian victim culture we tragically find ourselves in. You cancelled him. You reap what you sew.

• Heart

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
I didn't listen to Nick Abbot last night but he's had a very odd take on the Schofield story the last couple of days. I can only assume he really doesn't know the full story or he's being obtuse.

Also, those saying this is all to distract us from the real stories can get in the bin. This is a massive story. Not everything is a cover up by the Tory government. This is a cover up by ITV 😉
Problem is, Nick is far better on that podcast of his. He can open up with his true opinions more than he can on LBC where they try to put a leash on presenters opinions. We all know what happened to Steve when he refused to tow the global line.

• Angry

walterisback

Chatty Member
Laughing that JOB has lost his Twitter blue tick. He’s so not bothered about it that he’s already mentioned it.

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Yes I heard that very call and thought exactly the same as you. Typical NA though, anyone who doesn't think along the same lines as him re Brexit he can be quite nasty.
I confess I don't listen to NA, but I do question why someone who gets angry and unpleasant with callers is working in a medium like broadcast radio. Do you think it could just be an act? Or maybe he is somehow unhappy in his own life and he's just projecting? I don't really understand why anyone would get truly upset about things like Brexit, it's weird. Partly because it's already happened. 🤪

Yel

Chatty Member
it didn't occur to me that there's a dark side.
There isn't. Influencers make up a load of shit to discredit the valid criticism.

I see the worst of here and honestly our local community garden group is often as bitchy as the worst threads here.

• Heart

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Mogg is playing a character and it's pointless wasting your breath debating with him. Nasty man on a nasty channel. But I think I'm out of step with everyone else on this thread for right wingers so I'll respectfully avoid it from now on.
All opinions are welcome and respected.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
James being very disingenous over the Pip Schofield coverage.

'Why is he getting so much coverage when I get more listeners than they do viewers' ..... :rolleyes:

You know perfectly well James that the media are just biding their time until they can print the real story.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I switched on to James for a few mins this morning, heard a caller mentioning Isabel Oakshott and the leaks from Hancock. James then sighs and says "yeah but she didn't actually do any journalism, she just leaked messages that Hancock had sent" as if James has ever done any investigative work, ever. He just moans about what is wrong, but doesn't do anything about it really. He sells books and gets paid to appear at talks where he talks about what is wrong, but does nothing to fix it.