Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Ian Payne had an interesting hour on antiques & collectibles.
Caller Jill had a lock of *Paul McCartney's hair after sneaking up behind him and cutting it off, she also had a cigarette butt from Georgie Fame, a shoe from a member of The Tremeloes and a tassle ripped from Engelbert Humperdinck's jacket :unsure:

*Jill later wrote to McCartney apologising for assaulting his bowl-cut.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

i10gal

I have to admit, I do miss Steve in the morning. Yes I know I used to moan about things like the one sided producer chat and hearing the same stories over and over again but as he said himself, he is "light ent" and he could be quite funny. Ian "I don't know" Payne is out of his depth with topical issues and he makes so many gaffes. Like this morning when speaking to Danni Hewson and she was reporting re Royal Mail and warning they could be going into administration and Ian butted in about how bad they treated all the Post Office workers who were wrongly accused of fraud. It was nothing to do with Royal Mail as it was the Post Office. And as for him constantly reading out the telephone number every other sentence, I eventually have to switch off.

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
I'm settling into playing Steve's podcasts from the nearest date to 3 years ago. Country was at the start of the first lockdown, nobody really knew what was going to happen but Steve ploughed on serenely, turning up at the studio every day and musing on the minutiae of life, occasionally telling people not go out whilst 10 minutes later talking about his daily trips to Marks and Spencer and Waitrose

• Haha
  • Heart

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Rrrrrraging Bull snacks, made without compromise

Like gnawing on plywood

After destroying yer gnashers Dawood & Tanner will sort you out.

Charlie was a Biltong addict for several decades...
AR_0803_Charlie_Mullins-05.jpg

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Laughing that JOB has lost his Twitter blue tick. He’s so not bothered about it that he’s already mentioned it.
LOL, is that right. Hilarious. Who on EARTH gives a fuck about such things. Well ... insecure narcissistic prats that's who. Twitter, just like Tattle and other social media outlets ... ISN'T REAL LIFE!

Question: Who would you prefer to work with/for ? Raab or O'Brien ? It's a pretty close run thing listening to the unhinged bile James is currently spouting. I'm taking the dog for a walk ... it's too much.

• Heart

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
I didn't realise she was referring to this TL site. I rarely venture away from this thread and it didn't occur to me that there's a dark side. Everybody's always so nice, and tolerant of each others' opinions here. Quite different from the hostility on DS. I realise now that whoever got me kicked off there did me a favour.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Hadn't he moved here and relinquished his Norwegian passport? Ideal "fodder" for James but it all got very intense so James had to shut him down in the name of "empathy" and "compassion" for a suffering human being deeply affected by....Brexit of course.
I mean, where to begin? James really does remind me of Jeremy Kyle in the way he carries on, it's like they are brothers from another mother or something.

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Nick Abbot is as disingenuous as any of them at LBC.
I like it when O'Brien mocks people who label him part of the 'liberal metropolitan elite' in one breath then in the other he calls them 'gammons'. Two-faced twat. :rolleyes: I do think there is another thing these presenters have in common, incredibly thin skins.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I switched on to James for a few mins this morning, heard a caller mentioning Isabel Oakshott and the leaks from Hancock. James then sighs and says "yeah but she didn't actually do any journalism, she just leaked messages that Hancock had sent" as if James has ever done any investigative work, ever. He just moans about what is wrong, but doesn't do anything about it really. He sells books and gets paid to appear at talks where he talks about what is wrong, but does nothing to fix it.
James describing himself as a journalist is a bit of a stretch but he clings onto it.

He did some showbiz reporting and game reviews. That's it. He's spent the rest of his career on LBC just spouting his opinions.

glasgow27

VIP Member
I've been on forums where people are far, far worse than here. Everyone on Tattle has always been civil in my 3 years posting here.

As for them using content from here - imitation is the best form of flattery. Clearly it means many of us are more creative than they are. :cool:

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
All his "investigative work" relies on Twitter & whatever way the wind is blowing.
He's an incredibly lazy broadcaster with his head up his own arse.
He's a deeply flawed character. I think his one aim in life is to get 'footballification' put into a sixth-form politics textbook. :rolleyes:

• Haha

The Big One

Chatty Member
Afternoon all. Been busy, so just made it here !

At the end of the last page there was the question about the banner on James' cliips. Is it happening on all clips? It is subtitles which I gratefully receive! Sometimes I find the voice not loud enough to hear, even when my speaker volume is turned up. Some people do not speak clearly!

Other matters: Listening figures. The current RAJAR survey is between 2 January and 2 April. Most of that time Steve was on air and therefore any blip will hardly be noticed. The following survey will be between 3 April and 25 June, which will be released at midnight on 3 August, by which time we will be saying "Who was Steve Allen?" !!!!!

If you listen to Global's 'The News Agents' it has had 24 million downloads since its launch. I listened when it first started, but TBH don't have the time to listen everyday. https://radiotoday.co.uk/2023/03/globals-the-news-agents-podcast-hits-24-million-downloads/