LBC Chit Chat #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Steve tweeted again today ... this time about Hampton Court.

Hopefully his re-emergence on Twitter means he's doing ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That's a good racket that line of work, always a sucker out there and coin to be made. Bloke is 'orrible, no wonder he sympathizes with Prince Harry ... rich people love telling poor people how to think and how to live their lives don't they. Ugh.
Perhaps the real racket was the therapist that James saw.

After a while even taking his money was probably too much.

So "James go out and be a healer/guide". That will be the best therapy for you.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
George Bamby who claimed to be inmate Charles Bronson's son was actually a PR agent, who fooled the press & prison service for the past 6 years :oops:
Money earned was split between himself & Charles Bronson's "consultant" as prisoners are banned from earning money.
He was on Nick Ferrari's show last week, amongst others.

LBC is going to be grim for the next few days as the batshit crazy Trump supporters have already started phoning in. I heard a few talking to Ben Kentish last night and I think there'll be more today.

"I think I will have a Brexit phone-in"

Might be the quickest ever I have switched off as he began some self-praise....

Reactions: 1
LBC is going to be grim for the next few days as the batshit crazy Trump supporters have already started phoning in. I heard a few talking to Ben Kentish last night and I think there'll be more today.
Trump is good for business. He does remind me of a super-villian crime boss from Batman. 🤪

So funny the above post, today was the quicked I turned O'Brien off too! :ROFLMAO: I wanna hear him tackle the trans issue ... but he's frit.

I actually listened to Ben Kentish last night. I was expecting Nick Abbott tbh but got it wrong.

He really had the nutters call in frothing at the mouth. Did you hear the guy who was kept saying 'he's innocent' and Ben saying 'but you don't know what he's being charged with yet' ... People peddling the Biden got's dementia line. It was actually quite funny (in a scary way) ... took me right back to 2020.

I dod think LBC need to decide whether Ben is a presenter or reporter though.

Trump is good for business. He does remind me of a super-villian crime boss from Batman. 🤪

So funny the above post, today was the quicked I turned O'Brien off too! :ROFLMAO: I wanna hear him tackle the trans issue ... but he's frit.
Snap.....

It was so predictable after the better economic news for the UK that O'Brien would get his dog whistle out.

I really can't be dealing with anymore Brexit debates especially when it's just going around in circles like James does.

Reactions: 4
I had a 40 minute car journey this morning. I switched on the radio to J O'B who was saying that he didn't know how he was going to tackle this subject (the new trade deal), - he managed ! - and on and on he was going about Brexit and how bad it is. He said something like, "if you voted for Brexit, you now know it was a waste of your vote, I take that as a given". I think one person dared to support the trade deal, but he was pushed off quite quickly!

I think I stayed about 15 / 20 minutes on the programme until I decided to switch over to LBC News.

I think I stayed about 15 / 20 minutes on the programme until I decided to switch over to LBC News.
I know we joke but he is utterly fixated by Brexit. As I said before, it's like when a partner leaves you for someone else and you just cannot move on. I don't know how much of it is an act of course and how much of it is real. I mean if it gets people calling in and listeners that's the point of the station right? It is pretty pointless though, what's done is done. At least for the foreseeable future.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I know we joke but he is utterly fixated by Brexit. As I said before, it's like when a partner leaves you for someone else and you just cannot move on. I don't know how much of it is an act of course and how much of it is real. I mean if it gets people calling in and listeners that's the point of the station right? It is pretty pointless though, what's done is done. At least for the foreseeable future.
What we don't know, and I don't think any survey could tell you, is how many are regular listeners and how many listen once and never again! I can only presume because he gets a high audience rating that there are a lot that stay with him. However, I think in the time I heard him this morning there were a couple of 'first-time callers'.

I wonder if Steve watched the tribute repeat of Blankety Blank tonight, with Lily Savage. Dale was on the panel!

Yel

I really can't be dealing with anymore Brexit debates especially when it's just going around in circles like James does.
I tried listening to nick A after not turning in for a while, but his intro was all about how dare the French check people's passports like the British demanded... 😴

Yeah it's a no from me. Surely many on either side can't still be interested in the same old brexit debate we've had for years. Only the rabid people on either side who repeat the same things again and again. And that was the "fun" saturday night show

Iain Dale in for Lammy tomorrow.. 😊
Half term holidays for Lammy I presume, after all the hard work politicians do I think they deserve some time off. :rolleyes: Not sure if you've picked it up elsewhere but there is so little parliamentary business going on currently (no bills being tabled etc. etc.) MPs are twiddling their thumbs in the commons ... no wonder they all have time to work in the meeja. And aren't we all so lucky.

I tried listening to nick A after not turning in for a while, but his intro was all about how dare the French check people's passports like the British demanded... 😴

Yeah it's a no from me. Surely many on either side can't still be interested in the same old brexit debate we've had for years. Only the rabid people on either side who repeat the same things again and again. And that was the "fun" saturday night show
And no one is mentioning that Eurotunnel and flights are running fine. Or that the carriers have overbooked for many of the coaches? Or strikes at boarder control?

Yes, they have to look at every passport which is a pain in the backside but there are other contributing factors to this mess.

You'd think they could muster up extra staff to cope with what they knew would be a massive weekend for travelling. There's a lot of bloody mindedness going on.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.