LBC Chit Chat #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

there are other contributing factors to this mess.
Yep, people like nick are determined to see it as black and white and avoid all the shades of grey. I was a remain supporter but he's spread outright misinformation (LIAR!) so many times that it might tempt me to vote the other way if that day comes.

His own health would be better if he left these topics alone for the two supposed non serious shows a week.

Yep, people like nick are determined to see it as black and white and avoid all the shades of grey. I was a remain supporter but he's spread outright misinformation (LIAR!) so many times that it might tempt me to vote the other way if that day comes.

His own health would be better if he left these topics alone for the two supposed non serious shows a week.
Likewise but I am sick of everything that goes wrong being the result of Brexit.

As I said I think there is a certain amount of bloody mindedness which goes on to 'teach us a lesson' :rolleyes:

It is still a mystery who is covering 10pm tomorrow night. Listen to Ben Kentish when he signs off at 7pm "see you ....." or Nick Abbott when he finishes at 1am !

Don't
And no one is mentioning that Eurotunnel and flights are running fine. Or that the carriers have overbooked for many of the coaches? Or strikes at boarder control?

Yes, they have to look at every passport which is a pain in the backside but there are other contributing factors to this mess.

You'd think they could muster up extra staff to cope with what they knew would be a massive weekend for travelling. There's a lot of bloody mindedness going on.
Don't forget that in 2020 France offered to double the number of control booths in Dover. The UK Government rejected the offer.

Of course there are many factors but to deny that Brexit is making things worse is just silly. It's now taking at least 50 minutes to process a full coach, match photos to faces and stamp every passport.

Don't

Don't forget that in 2020 France offered to double the number of control booths in Dover. The UK Government rejected the offer.

Of course there are many factors but to deny that Brexit is making things worse is just silly. It's now taking at least 50 minutes to process a full coach, match photos to faces and stamp every passport.
I've never denied Brexit is making some things worse. Of course it is and the government were idiots (as per) if they declined more boarder staff because that was going to be an obvious problem.

It seems the operators are to blame for a lot of this because of over booking and being greedy. You only have to look at how some treated their staff they obviously don't give a stuff about their customers either.

Reactions: 1

Yel

Likewise but I am sick of everything that goes wrong being the result of Brexit.

As I said I think there is a certain amount of bloody mindedness which goes on to 'teach us a lesson' :rolleyes:
Yep it's just getting silly. So many people are it's 100% due to brexit or 0% to do with brexit according to people on either side.

Bad weather, Easter surge and the ferry company overbooking coaches with longer passport checks all together seem to have caused it. Along with Dover being so small there's limited stuff they can do to increase capacity.

Reactions: 2
Time to switch Nick A off. Half an hour into his show and yep bloody brexit again. All to do with Dover which in Nick's eyes and in his head is all to do with Brexit.

Reactions: 2

Yel

Time to switch Nick A off. Half an hour into his show and yep bloody brexit again. All to do with Dover which in Nick's eyes and in his head is all to do with Brexit.
Nickers babes it aint worth it, fink of your blood pressure!

The most interesting thing at LBC at the moment is wondering who'll get roped in to do overnights once management start work today.

Reactions: 4

Yel

Wonder if this is permanent or just a trial? I guess he couldn't go back to sky after he left to briefly join GB news.

Screenshot_20230403_124232_Chrome.jpg

Wonder if this is permanent or just a trial? I guess he couldn't go back to sky after he left to briefly join GB news.
I wonder if they have a list of freelance presenters that work elsewhere, but maybe available if necessary.

Yel

Maybe they have agents putting people forward? Brazier has been out of work since GB news sacked him I think. He's got 6 children so maybe needs the work if he's taking it during Easter.

From his twitter I he's very anti scooters, while I agree with nick a on this matter some variation is good for the station.

Last night I was doing my washing up and had a blast for the past sort of memory.

Back in the day I would sometimes do my Sunday night washing up listening to the repeat of Steve Allen's In Conversation.

There is nothing on LBC these days on a Sunday that I want to listen to.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I get that people were upset that the country voted to leave the EU. I get that they don't think it was in the best economic interests of the UK. I get it's their right in a democracy to still have a particular point of view

What I don't understand is their incessant whinging and blaming of everything on Brexit. Do they think that 7 years on they're going to suddenly change people's minds on what is the most polarised political issue in decades ? I voted to leave, I'd vote to leave again if there were another referendum tomorrow. It's reached the stage now where I actually feel sorry for people still feeling bitter. They're the kind of people who have to have someone or something to hate on. It's in their DNA.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

View attachment 2075050
I've just been reading up on him as I only really knew him as they guy who's wife died at 55 leaving him with 6 kids.

He's been around. War zones, politics, The Royal Family. Won Emmy's. He could be a good signing.

I see he was replaced by Mark Steyn at GB News. That worked out well for them :ROFLMAO:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.