Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

squatternutbosh

VIP Member
I have an idea for content if she’s stuck in a career rut. Katie should do a “let’s do a real job” series where she gets to partake in work experience doing proper work like us peasants. One day she gets to sit on the frontline of the nhs and get yelled at by angry and upset patients who are waiting hours and hours due mismanagement and funding from the government.
or she could sit in with bank staff and see how the cost of living is affecting their customers.
she could get a glimpse of behind the scenes of one of these high street fashion outlets she loves to promote and see how these ppl are treated like shit from their senior management whilst on minimum wage.
or maybe she could tag along with a postman and see how inundated they are with post, or maybe even tag along with a train driver and have a little chat with them about howinflation And lack of pay rises has changed their lives, and how they r being vilified by the media on their right to strike & protest.
Or maybe she could spend some time with an actual talented writer, who is struggling to get their book published whilst doing graveyard shifts in Amazon.
maybe she could spend a couple of days with a working single mum and see how she manages to juggle a full time career and motherhood with no external support, all whilst wearing her pink power suit.
there’s not enough don Perignon & sad olives in the world that would make her feel better after a single day of experiencing that.

or maybe you know, Kathy could realise her privilege of being a basic ass white girl with a Instagram page being married to a rich guy in a big house full of antiques and keep her whiny mouth shut.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Okay so not a recap however I have just read her blog about "Non-traditional things that they did on their wedding day" and there is one thing that really made me go oh ffs really?!

This sentence "I’ve always found the idea of bouquet throwing icky, seeing women jump and fight to be the next to get married, plus my flowers were way too gorgeous to throw, so we scrapped this tradition"

I'm sorry?! What! So, your female friends and family jumping up and down to catch a bouquet which is a funny and light hearted tradition gives you the ick but you and your gangly ass husband jumping up and down like children when you gifted your dad a little bottle of rum for his birthday doesn't? Can someone please explain the logic of this oh-so-teeny smol human?! I just can't. I honestly used to idolize her and would watch every single one of her vlogs and would love it when she featured on Louise Pentland's vlog's but now..? God help me.

• Angry
Reactions: 24

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
Maybe it's OK to question what you're doing if your content revolves around making a living from sharing affiliate links, being shady with disclosing ADs and generally making money off other people's insecurities.

• Heart

AvaKnight

Chatty Member
So when Kathleen was giving it all the 'no spend September' - so far she has spanked money on tacos, fancy hot chocolate, 40 minute crumble and probably other things I've forgotten. I have absolutely no issue with the idea of budgeting (clearly it's a good idea, given the state of things) but it just feels like she's taking the piss. It's just presents as, 'oh! I'm going to try this 'budgeting' thing you all talk about! I mean, not reeeeeeeally because I don't have to - I'm just not going to buy as many clothes. But I already have wardrobes full of clothes, and some new items too, so let me share my affiliate links with you too. Even though I'm trying to discuss the idea of how to save your cash. Oopsies!'

I haven't explained myself very well but the crux of it is: she could have created some timely, well made content. Budget recipes, good value dating ideas, things you can do in London for free/very low spend, even charity shop tips. Instead, it's the same bollocks but maybe without a fresh bag of ASOS? I'm finding it unsurprising but still disappointing.

• Heart

squatternutbosh

VIP Member
Doesn’t really count as no spend September if ur husband pays for all your shit or your gifted most of your shit anyway. Another tone deaf post

• Haha
  • Heart

lemonyfish

All of this drama around Kastaway Kathleen has absolutely sent me. The little pouty face she makes when the driver informs them he can't drive away... I've never seen a face so slappable 🙃

• Haha

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
When I've rewatched some of her old vlogs it's honestly amazing how many of them feature her 'feeling poorly' and diagnosing herself with all sorts.

A Night in at the Lentil-Snooks Household- episode 1

K 'I'm feeling poorly babe, can you set me up a duvet? Do you know where my neck brace is?'

G 'It's in the middle drawer darling, between the taxidermy mouse and the collection of bottle tops from all our gorgeous brunches broken pottery from the Thames'*

K 'Ah yes, it was underneath the 1997 Impulse body sprays!'

G 'I've set up the duvet for you. I know you're only tiny so if you can't find me just turn right at the mannequin and look out for the kindly gifted sofa'

K'Thanks, you're my fav. Be right with you, just taking a selfie while I'm crying in my neck brace'

G'I know, I'm watching you through the doorbell app'

*amended as per
Replace bottle top collection with collection of broken bits of pottery from the Thames and then it’s 100% fact

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23

consumerism makes u free

Was just checking in to make sure we’re all thoughtsing and prayering for Kathleen to return home safely from her luxury paid getaway. Looks like it. I won’t sleep until she’s home. Kathleen doesn’t have to cry, I’m crying for her. 🙏

• Haha

squatternutbosh

VIP Member
Just…..why???? What is so appealing about eating in such a gritty place? They have the original fixtures of urinals and septic tanks….just why? This is just peak hipster wank.
3AF04A3F-FDDD-43AA-BE8D-0A21CA7E90F5.png

• Sick
  • Wow

lisafreezy

booking a holiday while on a spending ban.. oh sorry it's a material item ban now, then it's okay of course:))))))

• Haha
  • Wow

Hashtagnotspon

Chatty Member
Thinking about commissioning a dried flower installation for their home?!?!?!

Never seen a more wanky statement.

• Haha
  • Wow

#ad#aff

VIP Member
What annoys me about her stupid ‘no spend September’ is she’s doing it in a whimsical teehee how fun what a silly challenge Tory massive way. For some people, the money actually isn’t there to spend. It’s like when Alfie Deyes did that £1 challenge.

Reactions: 22
I've said it before and I'll say it again..

What is with London and their thin watery gravy??
Come up north for a proper roast that doesn't cost £65 with thick gravy, crispy roasties (where was the burnt bits and flavour on those she shared?) honey roasted veg and flavoured mash with slow cooked meat.

Honestly feel like the Tattler roast dinner adviser at this point.

evac90

Chatty Member
My partner liking me despite my hobbies wouldn’t be something I’m grateful for, it’s actually the least I’d expect from a partner.

• Haha
  • Heart

RachyWoo

VIP Member
So "no spend September" is now "material item ban" 😂 Face it Kathleen, you failed no spend September by continuously going out to eat, realised your mistake eventually and you've tried to cover your arse by now calling it a "material item ban".

• Haha