Katie Snooks #10 Boozy brunches, wine filled lunches & cock tails in a old urinal with ma HUSBAND

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just had a nosy at the profile, joined at 4.15pm today to post that, clearly! I don't mind (here for the tea) but...er....not exactly subtle. Does rather smack of 'I want to give my side of the story, and correct those Tattlers' - which I do understand......but I'm not sure I would be airing family drama on Quora, then creating a profile to put it on a gossip site. Still glad they did though 🤣

Having looked a bit - absolutely 100%!
I’ll be honest, I’m a longtime stalker of this thread, saw bottomlessbrunch’s post about Quora and found the comment but realised no one else seemed to have picked up on it so made a profile so I could post the screenshots 😂 I do agree that it’s suss that someone just stumbled on the Quora post and did also wonder if they were a snooks feeding the tea

Reactions: 10
I’ll be honest, I’m a longtime stalker of this thread, saw bottomlessbrunch’s post about Quora and found the comment but realised no one else seemed to have picked up on it so made a profile so I could post the screenshots 😂 I do agree that it’s suss that someone just stumbled on the Quora post and did also wonder if they were a snooks feeding the tea
I think it must be - because that Quora post has been restricted to Quora+ subscribers only (which I would imagine most people are not) so there was no opportunity to read the responses anyway. And BottomlessBrunch joining the site at 4.15pm just seems a tad too suspect, frankly!

Reactions: 11
I think it must be - because that Quora post has been restricted to Quora+ subscribers only (which I would imagine most people are not) so there was no opportunity to read the responses anyway. And BottomlessBrunch joining the site at 4.15pm just seems a tad too suspect, frankly!
Yeah I tried to read the responses when it was posted initially but I couldn't see them, I imagine a lot of others experienced the same thing.

Reactions: 7
Wow, amazing find. That sounds genuinely heartbreaking. It's one thing the parents of the uninvited children being annoyed (still unjustified IMO - I've been to many childfree weddings and also weddings where speeches have been spoiled by children running around/being noisy) but for her grandad not to attend must have been truly awful. Kate, if you're here, I'm so sorry that happened to you!

Reactions: 14
What a mess!
We got married abroad and gave all our family 18 months notice to join us- but we made it clear we would not fund anyone because 1. we're not rich and 2. its not about them 3. my husband has 5 siblings with 14 offspring between them!
Not a single family member fell out with us or moaned and we live streamed it back to the UK and had a children allowed reception when we got back (only my parents attended abroad)

I work with the public in a medical capacity and I have done for a decade, if there's one thing I've learnt from all the births, deaths, accidents and life changes I've witnessed is that you absolutely CANNOT choose your family and their reactions and reasons for what they do or do not do. It's heartbreaking and I now understand why Kathleen sought external help.
What an awful self entitled extended family she has, better off without I say!

Also as a side note I have grandparents I have excluded from my life for behavioural/abusive issues too.

The older generation should not be exempt from being held accountable for their toxic behaviour. It’s all too common for the matriarch/patriarch of the family often assume as they are just that, thinkinh they r entitled to use blackmail and their opinions and feelings should weigh more than the rest of the family.
I’m glad Kathy & fam stuck to their guns and didn’t apologise, and Father Snooks Junior didn’t take his sister or Snooks seniors side.

Reactions: 20
You’re right - this reply is 100% by Katie’s mum! Screenshots posted for those who couldn’t see it.
View attachment 1453978View attachment 1453979View attachment 1453981View attachment 1453982View attachment 1453984View attachment 1453986
Ooooooh, the tea!

My interpretation is that there was bad blood between brother and sister (Katie's Dad and Aunt) for a long time prior to weddinggate, Theresa referencing what she believes is long term jealously on the quora. This nokidswedding rule was just an excuse to have a go and point score with each other yet again. Kath (sadly) just got caught in the firing line.
It's very sad that she has living grandparents who actively chose not to be at their granddaughters wedding, it's very sad for her Dad not to have his parents there too, but sometimes people are just awful, and sometimes those people are relatives. I wouldn't be shocked if all was not well in Kath's cousins lives if they are acting like this over a wedding, that isn't even theirs!? The senior senior Snooks' (Grandparents) might be closer to their daughter (Aunt) than son (Kath's Dad) perhaps they got manipulated who knows how old they are, they could be vulnerable? Best thing Katie and her immediate family could do (in my opinion) would be to only speak to them when necessary, be very polite bit keep it surface level (no grovelling about the children etc) and live their own lives well, they have a nice tight unit and apparently Lord and lady lentil are alright too, despite what was originally assumed. (They do seem uber reserved which can be initially wrongly interpreted as cold)

Crack on and live well! Don't waste time crying into the champers and munching on sad olives, have them with people who like actually like you.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
On the flip side, there could be more to the story and not to the grandads defense but if a snooks wrote that we are only getting their version of the story. We all know Katie likes to play the victim when she is equally accountable.

On the flip side, there could be more to the story and not to the grandads defense but if a snooks wrote that we are only getting their version of the story. We all know Katie likes to play the victim when she is equally accountable.
So very true. It's not saying these things didn't happen, but there's always another version. I think I said we have to appreciate that Quora version will only be through The Lens of Snooks (and that one is likely clouded by hurt and anger atm, let's be honest) so you have to take things with a pinch of salt. Like the saying - there's three versions of every story - mine, yours and the truth.

Reactions: 6
If the family drama is true, then that is really sad. Entitled people are literally the worse and its a shame that they went through this when a wedding is supposed to be a special day. The grandfather taking sides and boycotting is such extreme behaviour 😦

HOWEVER you can't say your having a child free wedding, then allow two guests to bring their babies and then make an exception for a third child. You are basically telling people "I care about this person more than you, so I will let them bring their baby". Also people will not understand why she can make an exception for one cousin's child but not another. Again you are telling people "this cousins child is more important than your child". I know this shouldn't matter, because obviously she is closer to her sister than her cousins, so more likely to make an exception for her niece, but if you make exceptions for one child, adults expect you to make the same exception for all children otherwise it "isn't fair"

Also she probably thought she was doing people a favour by saying she'd arrange free child care and accommodation. But that is telling people "I am so desperate to not have your child at my wedding, I am willing to PAY to keep them out of it". Like yes, people are going to be offended by the fact that you don't want to include their child and will kick up a fuss (and this is probably amplified more because its family-related.)

I only say this because I used to work in a primary school and know how parents can react when it comes to their children. I'm not saying the behaviour is justified, but I am not surprised that people didn't take it they way they wanted it either.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
the part about the cousins baby being born the weekend of the wedding was confusing to me?

Reactions: 3
the part about the cousins baby being born the weekend of the wedding was confusing to me?
I think it was a cousin who had their child staying with them that weekend as a joint custody agreement rather than a baby being born

Reactions: 5
She really is stupid isn't she? Buying Lillies when she has a cat that will probably try and eat them. Lillies are highly toxic for cats!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I think it was a cousin who had their child staying with them that weekend as a joint custody agreement rather than a baby being born
Lol I totally misread that and was REALLY concerned someone was giving birth and attending a wedding the same weekend. Wow I am slow.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.