Jack Monroe #92 Reverse Robin Hood, grifts from the poor to give to herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh, bee, I've just had to explain to my partner that I keep HOOTING cos a dude over the pennines made a dreadful soup 10 hours ago and can still taste it. 🤣. I'm sorry and you have our deep sympathies ❤
I can't even laugh I'm too upset for our beloved @MancBee #neveragain

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Popping out of 'lurkdom'. There are so many things that grind my gears about JM so this is only one but SB may well be happy with the Smartprice sausages but (I know it has already been said) she should not give him them more than occasionally.

I was looking at the Asda website today as I am considering a click and collect order. They have 500g of 5 percent fat pork mince for just £2.50. More expensive than the SP sausages at £1 for 900g BUT you can make meatballs, skinless sausages, Bolognese and many more using healthy ingredients to bulk it out. SB could invent his own herb/spice/ veg combination (she currently has more herbs and spices than a Moroccan souk). Either that or for simplicity a better use of stuffing mix than the bastardised Italian soup!

Moreover as useful information to her follows, extending the good value, decent quality meat. Perhaps it doesn't fit in to the pov cosplay?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
You’re making me feel nostalgic with your talk of Ringway airport and the canal. Add in a trip to the GMEX and my youth is rekindled.
When my dad learned to drive in the 70s we used to have a drive to Ringway to watch the planes taking of.

Before that we used to go for walks down the dead line and then a walk through the woods, or a walk to the park to watch my uncle play crown green bowls

Simpler times

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I can't even laugh I'm too upset for our beloved @MancBee #neveragain
oh, bee, I've just had to explain to my partner that I keep HOOTING cos a dude over the pennines made a dreadful soup 10 hours ago and can still taste it. 🤣. I'm sorry and you have our deep sympathies ❤
Fancy a flask of soup? I can have it couriered over for you. The recipe says serves one, but I can assure you, there's more than enough for everyone. You really only need a spoonful.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
The baby dib dab photo - sorry but her one long fingernail on her little finger - they always make me feel ill. I thought that was just a man thing to do ! Esp if you play guitar or heavily use coke. Obviously not going to use a Henry hoover gif and imply anything here, Jack.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Did she get paid for having her books available at food shelters?

Surely the shelters would have preferred the extra money/food instead 😐
You could buy one to be delivered to them.....

I still liked her at that time, now I just think what a way to grift royalties, and to push your sales up

• Angry
Reactions: 15

I still liked her at that time, now I just think what a way to grift royalties, and to push your sales up
I was one of these people - that’s why I have sympathy for the squiggles chucking money at her. Didn’t even occur to me that I would essentially be helping to push up her sales etc, I just thought it was a nice and different way to help food banks instead of just popping things on the trolley at Morrisons.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Screenshot_20201021-222928_Twitter.jpg

Is this why she tried to get all US of A and then very quickly lost interest when she didn't get the gig?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
SB could invent his own herb/spice/ veg combination (she currently has more herbs and spices than a Moroccan souk). Either that or for simplicity a better use of stuffing mix than the bastardised Italian soup!

Oh I completely forgot about her having every spice under the sun (all #gifted obviously) stuck to the side of one of her fridges! None of them pop up in any of her poverty cosplay recipes do they? Of course not.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

It's just weird and makes little sense to me that Jack did that. Basically people paid her money so she could then "help" the poor via giving then access to her book? It's not like she did it for free or gave a cut of the profits to a food bank unless I'm missing something?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Fancy a flask of soup? I can have it couriered over for you. The recipe says serves one, but I can assure you, there's more than enough for everyone. You really only need a spoonful.
didn't you said you flushed it? sounds like it should've had that "harmful to aquatic life"symbol on it 🥴

The baby dib dab photo - sorry but her one long fingernail on her little finger - they always make me feel ill. I thought that was just a man thing to do ! Esp if you play guitar or heavily use coke. Obviously not going to use a Henry hoover gif and imply anything here, Jack.
like grandpa Joe's coke nails?! insert Alan's gif of Jack's face on grandpa joe

20201021_224022.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.