Jack Monroe #92 Reverse Robin Hood, grifts from the poor to give to herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's just weird and makes little sense to me that Jack did that.
Are you aware of her work Barbara?
Seriously though this is her biggest scam to date and one which has gone pretty much under the radar. Bring out a book, get people to buy it on the assumption they're making a donation to charity, and keep the profits for yourself whilst also boosting your sales figures. Win/win eh Jack?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Seriously though this is her biggest scam to date and one which has gone pretty much under the radar. Bring out a book, get people to buy it on the assumption they're making a donation to charity, and keep the profits for yourself whilst also boosting your sales figures. Win/win eh Jack?
I've only quite recently started to question Jack so I didn't really know about this! Utterly Shameless.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
I'm on a grunka so apologies if this has already been pointed out. Jack, dear heart - if you can't afford butter then you definitely won't be able to afford extensive dental work.
No need for dental work when you have extensive Facetune/Photoshop skills.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I've only quite recently started to question Jack so I didn't really know about this! Utterly Shameless.
It really doesn't matter, financially, to someone selling a product where that product goes after they've sold it. ~Buy my x and give it to y~ means you're still buying the x!
ETA this is why I would welcome a court case. Bring it on Jack!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I know Louisa isn’t everyone’s cuppa but she is tweeting out a professional body of relevant work that had a huge impact on viewers and probably did wonders for food bank donations along with awareness of the complex issues around poverty, poor housing, food deprivation and mental health issues that are highly problematic when dealing with the aforementioned.

She hasn’t tweeted her favourite sweets or a heavily shopped pic to a millionaire author who lives in London.

There was an air of legitimacy about it though - unlike the woe is me, I am poor, the walk to the shops is killing me, I can’t afford butter, I only have £20 for me and my precious little wee boy etc etc.

Reactions: 29
I can top all your wonderful trips. We has some good ones and some terrible ones. The one that will top all of yours and more was a trip to her new favourite "home" rag the Belfast telegraph factory too see how that very paper was printed. "*Mic drop*
Oh my god I had to go there in primary school too :ROFLMAO: what a bleeping thrill ride that was

• Haha
Reactions: 14
There was an air of legitimacy about it though - unlike the woe is me, I am poor, the walk to the shops is killing me, I can’t afford butter, I only have £20 for me and my precious little wee boy etc etc.
Yeah the air of legitimacy about it is how she got away with it. Very few willing to say 'well hold on just a minute, now'.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
She hasn’t tweeted her favourite sweets or a heavily shopped pic to a millionaire author who lives in London.
What is the point of photoshopping a picture to attract a partner? As soon as they meet in real life, they would be put right off. I would rather my first meeting to be a pleasant surprise, rather than a horrible shock.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
didn't you said you flushed it? sounds like it should've had that "harmful to aquatic life"symbol on it 🥴

like grandpa Joe's coke nails?! insert Alan's gif of Jack's face on grandpa joe

View attachment 283585
With no exaggeration, I am crying real tears of laughter at that pic, and the sudden realisation that Jack just IS Grandpa Joe. How many times she has been compared to him on this thread is uncanny. The flinging away of her walking stick when she hobbled into the office that day and met Louisa. The sudden use of her hands again. Now the coke nails. "I never thought my life could be anything but catastrophe" she's got a golden bleeping twinkle in her eye alright, and it's the heating benefits of the poor

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I neeeeeed to tell you about my best worst school trip
1976 drought, 2hr bus journey from South Wales valley town to Llyn Brianne in mid Wales. It's a reservoir with a dam. No visitor centre. Just got off the sweltering bus, looked at the dam and then back on the bus for another 2 hours. I was 9.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Off to bed, promise not to mention the soup again tomorrow. Some things are best left in the past. The soup is definitely one of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
With no exaggeration, I am crying real tears of laughter at that pic, and the sudden realisation that Jack just IS Grandpa Joe. How many times she has been compared to him on this thread is uncanny. The flinging away of her walking stick when she hobbled into the office that day and met Louisa. The sudden use of her hands again. Now the coke nails. "I never thought my life could be anything but catastrophe" she's got a golden bleeping twinkle in her eye alright, and it's the heating benefits of the poor
grandpa jack was also a moany entitled bleep who barely ever bothered getting out of bed

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I neeeeeed to tell you about my best worst school trip
1976 drought, 2hr bus journey from South Wales valley town to Llyn Brianne in mid Wales. It's a reservoir with a dam. No visitor centre. Just got off the sweltering bus, looked at the dam and then back on the bus for another 2 hours. I was 9.
Good Christ! We got the Big Pit - it was bloody awesome....ten years later mind! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Reactions: 15
Just caught up, thanks very Manc much @MancBee for your sacrifice. The soup pics and review had me positively HOOTING, but I am very sorry you were left with the taste of (cheap) wet ferrets in your mouth the rest of the day. Wishing you better food tomorrow!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.