Jack Monroe #73 If your attitude is off-kilter, try a cartoon filter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think she was as wild as she'd like people to think. She's too much of a try hard nowadays as it is. I bet she was a right little emo, and not in the cute scene kid kind of way, just a miserable little tit
I just imagine her being a regular old mousy plain jane and her idea of 'going wild' was occasionally drinking too many WKD's and puking blue sick outside of a Walkabout

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Same! She came here uninvited and then acted like everyone was demanding her time.

"Considering doing an Ask me Anything"

"Nah, you're alright thanks Jack, off you duck."

"Can I go for a piss and a sandwich?"

"bleeping hell, she still hasn't gone? Byeeeeeee."
All those valiant efforts to carry on a conversation about ice lolly flavours, and then she'd reappear and derail the chat again

• Haha
Reactions: 31
@MarmiteExtract is my new hero - you are doing Gods Work with your references to when JM came to visit!

Totally OT but I'm a little excited, I have a call in 20mins with a real life Frau!!! (A German lady). I will try not to HOOT at her or ask if she is wearing traaaaazers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Are we still waiting for an answer to this, btw? Will we find out which post she was referring to shortly after we learn the fate of the pistachio milk?

Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 10.43.50.png

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She said she didn't previously use them, but that she does now overuse them at times.

View attachment 244884

When I read that filter paragraph on its own, I start to feel bad. And then I read the last line of her post and it makes me laugh all over again.

Original post here: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...-but-stayed-for-you.6973/page-22#post-1652912
I think the most interesting thing about this post (other than the victim blaming re. the kickstarter debacle - it's obvious reading the many, many complaints from people who didn't receive the book that they had been desperately trying to get into contact with her and yet she tries to say that it was the other way around - LIES) is the whole heroin bullet point. First of all, I don't think anyone had accused her of taking it and also it's clear that she was desperately trawling the pages trying to find anything remotely actionable.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Jack says that it was Louisa who asked to be called "Mrs J" in the relationship. but didn't Jack call Allegra "Mrs J" when they were together?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Sidle up to someone in a supermarket and whisper 'are you familiar with my body of work Barbara?'
One of my favourite aspects of Jack's storytelling idiosyncrasies is how everyone seems to sneak up and nervously, gently whisper things in her ear - precious and fragile little street urchin that she is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I agree. A Facebook friend shares the daily minutiae of their two toddlers, including toilet training. Which is TMI.

But of course, they also share photos of the turds... which often are not in the potty, but are accidents on the carpet or on outside toys.
wtaf is wrong with people?! As an adult imagine if you shat yourself in public & it went viral how humiliating It would be, why would you willingly do that to your child? The #content isn’t even of interest, like yeah baby tit is gross, the Pope is catholic, Jack is a maverick, these are the universal truths our planet runs on - we don’t need reminding!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Oh god, now she's begging her followers to tell her how amazing she is so she can fill another lever arch (lol) with their praise. I'm so bleeping embarrassed for her 😬

ETA: duck I didn't realise she meant physically send stuff. This is really bleeping pathetic.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Oh god, now she's begging her followers to tell her how amazing she is so she can fill another lever arch (lol) with their praise. I'm so bleeping embarrassed for her 😬
Wow she's really setting up a PO box for people to send her their letters of adoration 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I'm still on tenterhooks waiting for her to "gather [her] thoughts coherently" on FB about the comic filter *taps foot*.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Wow she's really setting up a PO box for people to send her their letters of adoration 🤣
If she wanted a folder of nice comments, she could print out screenshots or emails.
If she wanted gifts sent to her, she would set up a PO box.
Stay classy Jack.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

It really is time for a big daytime sleep, Bagpuss. Her LONG plea for people to tell her how she has changed their life is beyond parody. My cringe is 💯.

All these big cuddles / chuckles / snuggles posts seem to be oddly following the pattern of Sophie Ellis Pretzel. What next - blow-dry him with a Dyson?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Sidle up to someone in a supermarket and whisper 'are you familiar with my body of work Barbara?'
#74 Are you familiar with my body of work Barbara?

I’m friends with a mum from school who has 3 kids. They’re all 12 and up now and she still constantly posts photos of them. The eldest repeatedly has to tell her to take of him off. Quite often they are really horrible/unflattering pictures. Why she thinks they are going to be pleased about it I don’t know.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.