Jack Monroe #73 If your attitude is off-kilter, try a cartoon filter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuucking hell. If only we all had a lever arch file of adoring fan letters to help us with depression, such a normal and obvious solution :rolleyes:

This is really embarrassing even for Jack. Bets on how long it'll stay up for? I reckon it'll be gone by this evening.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
The worst thing is that all the Jackolites will actually do this. When I used to follow her, she did this all the time... "I'm sad at the moment, please tweet me with how I've helped you" kinda vibes. But asking people to post her stuff is a step up.

Also who the heck(in doggos) is Natalie? New assistant?

Get some proper counselling and learn how to feel good about yourself without solely relying on the gratification of other JFK.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I thought unnecessary mail was still a bit taboo due to covid measures. I haven't been sending anything to anyone unless it's important. Doesn't she get enough lovely emails and stuff could she not read them, print them out. It's all a bit strange to me. I've never known someone with fans ask for fan mail, normally they are moaning they have too much to reply too.

Reactions: 18
To be fair to her, I've just totted up quickly and I've moved 18 or 19 times, so that number could well be right. Of all the things she comes out with, it's not the most ridiculous notion!
But she makes such a big song and dance every time she moves and the way she words it suggests these moves have all happened since she collected the enormous arch lever files of praise! Just another weird pointless lie for the sake of hyperbole, I doubt she even realises she's doing it at this point.

Reactions: 18
To be fair to her, I've just totted up quickly and I've moved 18 or 19 times, so that number could well be right. Of all the things she comes out with, it's not the most ridiculous notion!
But I wonder if all those moves are since she got 'famous' and started get fan mail? Seeing as she had thousands of unopened emails I don't see how she'll manage snail mail too. She'll never respond to any of them unless it's Dear Heart Nigella. Well she might respond to one or two to encourage the flow of post, but not all.

Reactions: 15
I thought unnecessary mail was still a bit taboo due to covid measures. I haven't been sending anything to anyone unless it's important. Doesn't she get enough lovely emails and stuff could she not read them, print them out. It's all a bit strange to me. I've never known someone with fans ask for fan mail, normally they are moaning they have too much to reply too.
Yeh one of her followers has just replied:

IMG_20200917_113602.png

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Jesus Christ. That is one of the most embarrassing things she’s ever posted and we all remember those sideboard photos.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
One of the most important things to her, so important in fact that she lost it 'somewhere' along the many house moves and has only just realised? 🤔 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Also I know alot of freelance type people and some of them lost their passion for their craft and decided to move on to greener pastures. When asked what happened they just said they didn't know why they were doing it anymore. It's not unusual to lose interest in a craft you once spent every waking minute on. It's just came to it's natural end and it's time to find something else.

Reactions: 11
One of the most important things to her, so important in fact that she lost it 'somewhere' along the many house moves and has only just realised? 🤔 🙄
Did it even exist to begin with? Who knows 😂🤔It's hard to know what to believe...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm going to post on facebook to ask all my friends to send me letters about how amazing I am and how I have enriched and changed their lives. I don't want a text or a facebook reply. I want a letter or a card with a stamp sent through the post thankyou. Same thing innit.

Wonder if she checked with Natalia before tweeting ...
I love the way she's apologising to Natalia for the amount of mail she knows she's going to receive. These fans need their senses checking.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Natalie works at her literary agency. Jack has just given this woman (without running it past her first) the job of opening her post. So, having to travel to the workplace, open a load of mail, during Covid, read it all to protect JM from the mean stuff, then package it all up and arrange delivery to Southend. I'd be fuming.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.