Jack Monroe #73 If your attitude is off-kilter, try a cartoon filter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Twitter post about restricting replies so friends can't 'wade in with horror pics' of her teenage clubbing years 🙄 She still has friends from her teen years? I very much doubt it! Even I don't and I'm not a twit! Also think she will reverse that decision because she would revel in the limelight for 5 minutes if an old 'friend' popped up with embarrassing photos - she could consult a lawyer and sue them!
I do, and none of us would ever share teenage pictures on public channels, it would be quite an odd thing for someone to do, especially on a professional page, like a needlessly spiteful humbling of self? Where she’s readily nasty she wouldn’t think twice of doing it, but most people have common decency so just... wouldn’t?

Also love my Southend fraus but I don’t get the vibe there’s an epicentre of counter culture there that would yield any wild pictures? Especially for a girl who’d have been picked up that night by mumsy in a landrover? 😂

By no means illegal, do you mean?! Just before we send any well-meaning fraus into a tizz...
oops sorry YES illegal 😂 Does this mean I’ve summoned the candy man first? 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I don't think she was as wild as she'd like people to think. She's too much of a try hard nowadays as it is. I bet she was a right little emo, and not in the cute scene kid kind of way, just a miserable little tit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
She's also said she's going to dig out photos of her as a teen, when she wore polo shirts with the collar popped and a Yankees cap. Can't.......wait 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I have a pre teen. Quite often she stinks, I don’t put it on SM. I might text her dad and say I am considering flame throwing her room to get rid of stink/mess. In fact I put very little about her now. She allowed me a first day at secondary pic, that’s all lately.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Narc alarm bells all over that anecdote.

I too have a narc parent and I tell them as little as humanly possible about my life as, from a lifetime's experience it a) is a jumping off point for their own stories b) is used in the future to humiliate or belittle me or c) is completely ignored if it doesn't fit into either of those categories.

(I have a child around SB's age also and would never write about them on social media in this way because I respect their privacy)

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Thanks Silverlinings, Alansbigplate and Pocahontas for your responses to ideas around finding new thread titles!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Honestly, I really think that parental oversharing on social media is going to erupt into a massive scandal in a few years.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Honestly, I really think that parental oversharing on social media is going to erupt into a massive scandal in a few years.
I agree. A Facebook friend shares the daily minutiae of their two toddlers, including toilet training. Which is TMI.

But of course, they also share photos of the turds... which often are not in the potty, but are accidents on the carpet or on outside toys.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
She's also said she's going to dig out photos of her as a teen, when she wore polo shirts with the collar popped and a Yankees cap. Can't.......wait 🥴

1600332632604.png

(This is merely a badly photoshopped lark, m'lud, and isn't actually a photo of the plaintiff in her teen years)

ETA: on reflection, I wish I had picked a photo with three popped collars rather than five.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
View attachment 244861

(This is merely a badly photoshopped lark, m'lud, and isn't actually a photo of the plaintiff in her teen years)

ETA: on reflection, I wish I had picked a photo with three popped collars rather than five.
I was just thinking - that’s a lot of collars! Jeez, such a maverick mood going on there.
There’s three buttons showing, so I reckon fits good, Marmite.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I have so many questions about the 'editing a nude' ?!?
I wonder was it in cartoon filter? Who was it for? Why? Why? Why? Just why?
I haven't managed to understand this, am not a follower/ locked in. Did she nearly send some cartoon tits into the ether?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Never been happier that I can see anything she's posting.

I'm blind, I'm blind! Praise the Lord!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It absolutely is. Kids have enough issues with parents without social media, then throw that into the mix, it'll be awful. Eg. 'you neglected me emotionally but posted sm gushy posts about me for show'

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Well said. The sharing of stories, images, etc. of our children without their informed consent on social media will blow up at some point. I used to share pics of my kids when they were little. Not very many and I only ever had around 40 FB friends (crazy, I know). That was in the early days of FB when I was very naive about it.

I had a moment (not going to bother typing it up, just a personal a-ha moment sans filter) when I realised that it really wasn't cool and I stopped. Most of my friends seem to have gone through a similar process. We were all enthusiastic in the late 2000s/early 2010s and have pretty much all stopped putting personal info out there in the last five years or so.

I'm glad that I won't have to have a conversation with my kids when they are older justifying why I thought it was worth putting personal info about them into the world that could be embarrassing for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I have so many questions about the 'editing a nude' ?!?
I wonder was it in cartoon filter? Who was it for? Why? Why? Why? Just why?
Kick me in the shins if I'm wrong but didn't she say at one point she doesn't edit her selfies too?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
She said she didn't previously use them, but that she does now overuse them at times.

View attachment 244884

When I read that filter paragraph on its own, I start to feel bad. And then I read the last line of her post and it makes me laugh all over again.

Original post here: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...-but-stayed-for-you.6973/page-22#post-1652912
Marmite, I love how you’re going back to that fateful day. I mean, it’s a good reference point, isn’t it? Straight from the horse’s mouth.
#neverforgetchipshopchips

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
When I read that filter paragraph on its own, I start to feel bad. And then I read the last line of her post and it makes me laugh all over again.
Same! She came here uninvited and then acted like everyone was demanding her time.

"Considering doing an Ask me Anything"

"Nah, you're alright thanks Jack, off you duck."

"Can I go for a piss and a sandwich?"

"bleeping hell, she still hasn't gone? Byeeeeeee."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Marmite, I love how you’re going back to that fateful day. I mean, it’s a good reference point, isn’t it? Straight from the horse’s mouth.
#neverforgetchipshopchips
It was the most entertaining Tattle day by a long mile, so I'm always happy to go back down that road 😂 I just spotted your question to her about kumquats, hahaha!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.