Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am aware of the man who claims I doxxed him to his employer and I have absolutely no recollection of that whatsoever. It does get reposted here a lot and taken as canon, and I don't recall every single interaction I've had with people over the years, but I generally have a pretty firm line on this kind of behaviour, and I would be incredibly surprised - and disappointed in myself - if it were true.

I have only triangulated and located one person over the years, because he left thousands, literally THOUSANDS of graphic rape and death threats on my website. Day after day after day, on the Diane Abbott article at first and then on everything. I didn't do it to be cruel, I did it because I suspected he wasn't very well. I never publicly outed him, I simply passed what I found over to the relevant authorities along with copies of his handiwork. It actually takes a lot of work to locate someone IRL from online, just because it's a skill set I happen to have, doesn't mean I'm going to use it maliciously.
So why did you post this then? It does make it sound like this is something you do quite regularly.

1592998538684.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
@Jack_M can I just ask, is your printer keeping up?
*I know the furlough question is more important but there has been quite a lot of gifs recently!

I can honestly say I myself have no recollection whatsoever of reading on here about you doxxing someone to his employer???
Nor me, this is new to me, and I have read all threads.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
It's interesting to me that out of the 30,000 messages you just want one to be withdrawn. Does that mean all the other ones aren't libel?
Init this is what's confusing me too? It feels like this is just a public stadium for Nonny vs JM to occur rather than our Piers Morgan life stories moment? Also if legal action is occurring isn't a row on a public internet forum like the worst way to initiate it? Rebekah Vardy didn't do this!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I've never even heard the rumour about doxxing someone to their employer, but I am aware of the guy you did find, because as I said (here a few threads ago and just now) that's when I first heard of A Girl Called Jack and contacted you as he targeted (non famous) me and my family too.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I've been pretty much dead inside since week two of DKL, with occasional bursts of joy here and there, but mostly, absolutely and completely utterly numb. It's not so much a sadness now as a vacancy.
I'm sure you won't believe this, Jack, and I see why you wouldn't, but I really don't want to hear of anyone feeling like this. I went on about this a while ago though, and at the end of the day, being a grown up, being human, well it often sucks. Take the big joys when they come, but I fear you're expecting that to be the default state of life and I'm not sure it is. I think it's often grinding and hard work, for everyone. There are small joys and victories every day though, if you want to see them and if you truly feel like you can't, then that's immediate help time. You have a lot of advantages that sad little trolls like me can only dream of and a platform to do good things. You do need to take more responsibility for your mental health though - see the GP, see therapists, and get to a point where it feels like you can do the work again. It sucks having mental health issues, because it does seem unfair that you have to do so much work just to *be*, whereas other people can seem to do that easily. I live that every day and I am afraid it just is what it is.

I don't think you should post here though. I mean, it's well within your rights etc, but I don't think it is good for you. Like Twitter it's very unlikely to help your head. I'd log out and go and call someone now if I was you. Take care, I properly mean that.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I am aware of the man who claims I doxxed him to his employer and I have absolutely no recollection of that whatsoever. It does get reposted here a lot and taken as canon, and I don't recall every single interaction I've had with people over the years, but I generally have a pretty firm line on this kind of behaviour, and I would be incredibly surprised - and disappointed in myself - if it were true.
See that's the issue when you delete thousands and thousands of tweets, @Jack_M . It makes it harder to be held to account. As a 'Millennial' I've posted things growing up I wouldn't post now, but I can hand on heart say I've never had to delete thousands of tweets - especially ones targeting a certain celebrity chef affiliated with Channel 4. You deleted lots of stuff to do with that and the cheek a couple of weeks ago to ask someone why on Twitter why they thought you disliked JO!

Does it frustrate you that we now screenshot a lot of these things you impulsively post? Everything I comment on about here is stuff you've posted about in the public domain. I'd never go further, it doesn't sit right.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Happy to share that I messaged you saying be careful what you said online because you could be risking custody of your child, then telling you my experience of mental health and custody, then asked how SB was. I don't recall messaging you on Instagram, but I was due to be on your Live, having been nvited by Hellmann's - the one where you switched the comments off and the option to go live. I still haven't worked out what to do with banana bloom.
I said similar, here in these threads. Putting your mental health problems all over Twitter and Instagram isn't a good idea, @Jack_M , even if you do delete them later. If you look at the end of the last thread, it's the only place online where I've shared my problems (and that anonymously) and mentioned you in that context. Please think about how your social media use could affect SB, both with regard to his living arrangements and with possible teasing or bullying at school now he's getting to the age where contemporaries will be online.

Your admin assistant could absolutely come back off furlough to deal with social media and other things to give you a break. My employer is the largest in my county and we've been working at home online for months, as have so many throughout the country.

Please take some time off social media when you're feeling so down. Hand it over to your assistant, sit in the sun with SB, go sit with your mum in her garden and treat yourself to an afternoon tea delivered as so many places are doing. Just enjoy yourself, take time to heal and reinforce your family, think about what you really want to do and are suited to, and come back healthy and whole.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

I have only triangulated and located one person over the years, because he left thousands, literally THOUSANDS of graphic rape and death threats on my website. Day after day after day, on the Diane Abbott article at first and then on everything. I didn't do it to be cruel, I did it because I suspected he wasn't very well. I never publicly outed him, I simply passed what I found over to the relevant authorities along with copies of his handiwork. It actually takes a lot of work to locate someone IRL from online, just because it's a skill set I happen to have, doesn't mean I'm going to use it maliciously.
I don't recall that bloke's story being mentioned, but again the threads are fast moving and I don't even know what the tofu beef is about. We also do sniff out bullshit, there's been people that have come here and said bollocks with new accounts & we've reported it, and it's been deleted. As you can see with @Yel right now, the site is heavily moderated. I'd argue held to higher standards than those on Twitter both with other users & the moderators themselves.

I'm really sorry you had to go through that, I know you get a lot of right wing vitriol and it's absolutely unacceptable (like a lot of things in this country). I will just say it's thoroughly dishonest to say you triangulated someone through IP alone, yes there may have been other breadcrumbs that led you to it but IP alone simply isn't true. It's my interpretation of the tweets where you mention it that it's purposefully ominous, but I also feel the same about the libel/legal action ones - it's all subjective init.

I'm sad my question about furlough hasn't been answered.

I feel like that bloke on Twitter who kept asking about what to do with his frozen chip shop chips.
Tbh this is the most important question we need to be asking her - what DO you do with frozen chip shop chips?

And... what are you wearing to court hun x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
But... our court outfits!
It means I genuinely can't be arsed. There's a lot that is libel - I have a folder of them, but those of you who have made your minds up about me already aren't going to be swayed by whatever I say here. I'm currently torn between doing an AMA thread for an hour, or walking away completely. But I will say:

- I posted Nims book weeks ago. It took about 9 days to arrive, because my postal service is obviously broken somewhere.

- I don't earn a six figure income. Never have. Probably never will.

- I've never taken heroin, and I was absolutely shocked that people were alleging that (week 2 of DKL, I have screenshots, that's the point I started taking advice about things that were posted here from a legal standpoint because allegations like that are horrendous.)

- I have lost over two stone recently, yes, and my stomach bloats when I eat onions which is probably why it looked 'so round' in that godawful sports bra photo the other day. I can post screenshots from my super duper scales that link to an app on my phone, or you can just use your eyes and see that I look different now to then.

- I never used to use filters on my photos, but I discovered FaceTune a couple of months back after a friend asked me to shoot a headshot for her. I definitely overuse the smoothing blur function thing on my legs - I'm weird about my birthmarks - and went a bit wild on my teeth in the garden photo, but I've never used it to make myself look thinner, or hacked bits out of my limbs or whatever. I have skinny arms and a complex about a snaggle tooth. I'm a bit insecure since my relationship went to tit so I want to feel pretty every now and then. Is that really so awful?

- Mrs J asked to be called that in the early days of our relationship to protect her privacy, and then it stuck.

- I was joking about only dating people who let me cook; it was an in joke between me and a friend but I can see how it looked a bit weird out of context.

- Everyone should have had their Kickstarter book bloody ages ago, and most of the time when people complained they hadn't had it, it was because they hadn't provided their address despite 13 or 14 reminders to do do.

Have I missed anything huge or can I get on with my work now?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
It actually takes a lot of work to locate someone IRL from online, just because it's a skill set I happen to have, doesn't mean I'm going to use it maliciously.
Jack, you sound like a cross between Liam Neeson in Taken and Lisbeth Salander here. It’s very impressive.

PS: Now that we have you, can I ask:
Kumquats. Are they this (photo 1):

Or this? (Photo 2):

Asking for a friend.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Whoever advised you about furloughing your admin assistant was wrong. Please get better HR advice.

You really fucked up big time when you started on about THAT MAN. Like proper fucked up.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Are we not getting the furloughed admin explanation then? 🧐 (not that Jack owes is anything, but whilst she's here 💁🏽‍♀️)

Snap 😂
My admin assistant has the right to a private family life, so no, you aren't getting the explanation. I made the right decision for her. Or rather we mutually agreed it. bleeping inconvenient for me, yes, but the right thing to do on a human level for someone who has been my friend for two decades. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I feel like it's something we might remember!
I know we would.
What @Jack_M describes is horrendous and she has my full support in doxing someone who is sending all that hate on twitter, we wouldn’t tolerate it here either. That person deserved to be outed, but it hasn’t been discussed in here.

Reactions: 20
Not being funny this is a bit cheeky isn't it, like you've chosen to come round our yard here we're not holding you hostage!

Also who the duck said you use heroin looool, there are quite a few of us years into recovery on this thread that wouldn't have flown at all! Most people are actually by and large concerned for you, even over the last few pages you've had a lot of kindness and love @ed you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Hun, you were the one who showed up here. But please answer my Q on Tweet deleting. I seriously do think if you're less impulsive on social media it will help - that's my advice anyway. Then we wouldn't have anything interesting to discuss and the thread would die a death.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.