Jack Monroe #568 Things Jack doesn't understand - Gaslighting, Gas heating, Gastronomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t worry it’ll thicken up in the oven 🐴
I never made it to the end of ANY of the various TV appearance/singing in the shower/poetry reading that has featured Guest so I honestly don’t know whether this is real or not 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Pleeeeeaaaase tell me this is photoshopped.
It's the infamous horse spunk lasagne, and I'm sorry to have to inform you that it is not photoshopped. And no, it did NOT thicken up in the oven.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
It's the infamous horse spunk lasagne, and I'm sorry to have to inform you that it is not photoshopped. And no, it did NOT thicken up in the oven.
Jesus Christ. I did think it could be WORSE than I’d imagined.
Anyway, me and my BFF went to a charity shop today and when perusing the book section seriously considered making our own “Tattle” shelf. Various threads including this one were well represented.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Also, if you “went sober over three years ago”, so before April 14th, 2021
View attachment 2875614
How do you account for this performance where you were clearly absolutely fucked off your chump on January 21st 2022? View attachment 2875664

Oh, and that you were shouting about being ONE YEAR SOBER at the end of June 2022.
Suggesting you didn’t “went sober” until…the end of June 2021. Again, not “over three years ago”.
View attachment 2875646
ss @Marmalade Atkins

Make up your bleeping mind, you absolute LYING charlatan
View attachment 2875661View attachment 2875663
bleeping hell. I’ve somehow managed to escape listening to the LBC thing before, and tit. My mother was an alcoholic, and I became very adept at working out exactly how much she’d had to drink over the phone. That performance would have ranked as a bottle of gin and some Toilet Duck for good measure sort of day.
That aside, now she’s back I am suspicious of motive and praying for a chaos.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I mean there's jarred truffle and artichoke pesto in my cupboard and if a meal were to be made with it, the costings would be the charge of the jar, not the tablespoons used. That's some disingenuous bollocks 😒

Reactions: 23
That Torygraph cover is indeed excellent. Really warms the cockles of the heart to see people now confident on Xwitter and in the mainstream press unafraid to throw shade or just straight up call the lazy, skinwalking, ghoulish, lying twit out.

Shame the Guardian and the like won’t do the same for showcasing Jack’s “talent” and foisting her on the general public. Imo, the Graun publishing that disgusting piece on Grenfell was the final straw with them for me. How the duck that sailed through the editorial is something I’ll never understand.

I used to like their Saturday edition in particular, and bought one to read on Sundays on my day off, but after I read it that was it - I was out and now have a very irrational hatred of it because of that and it’s rep for platforming twats like Owen Jones.

They have a LOT to answer for in the Jackiverse Chronicles. I know Jack is a narc piece of tit, but I don’t know HOW someone didn’t read that article and go, “hang on, this can’t be right, can it? Let’s fact check…”

Or they did and didn’t give a duck, which somehow is worse. I don’t know, I’ve been covering aspects of sociopathy and NPD in my access module today and my head was just screaming “Jack” all the way through - there literally isn’t anything they won’t insert themselves in to for attention but there should be safeguards, especially in MSM large newspapers, to prevent that narc tit from reaching the masses….really makes you think.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I bet she's got hold of Lucy Worsley's book about her. I remember reading about her surfing in that, although I can't remember the exact details.

ETA, just seen the cream drinking tweet. Yep, she's definitely reading it. It's a pretty good book - don't let guest spoil anyone from reading it!
Apologies if this has been said already, but there are some much better AC biogs out there. I went through a massive AC phase during covid (something reassuring about everything
I bet she's got hold of Lucy Worsley's book about her. I remember reading about her surfing in that, although I can't remember the exact details.

ETA, just seen the cream drinking tweet. Yep, she's definitely reading it. It's a pretty good book - don't let guest spoil anyone from reading it!
There are some great books on AC out there, including her own autobiography. I went through a big AC during lockdown and read pretty much everything she's ever written, I think. She's a weirder and more interesting writer (and person) than I'd realised. Albeit the most totally WASPy Englishwoman ever.

Now going to read rest of thread in case other people have already recommended t them, to save me the trouble.

Reactions: 22
Jesus Christ. I did think it could be WORSE than I’d imagined.
Anyway, me and my BFF went to a charity shop today and when perusing the book section seriously considered making our own “Tattle” shelf. Various threads including this one were well represented.
I made it for the slopalong.

If you’re of a delicate disposition and don’t want to relive my traumatic experience, it was so bad that even my dog wouldn’t eat it

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Loving this for her 🤣

Jack, if you‘re reading here (and we know you are), go look up ‘shade’.

View attachment 2879148
I had to find this article in its entirety (no Torygraph paywall for me) and it's here:

I understand the points ninnies are making with regard to Jack. Xanthe Clay is an accomplished food writer with many years' experience and she has a better attitude to research and recipe testing than Jack, for sure.

However, my hackles were raised immediately by the blurb for this piece saying you could eat healthily and maybe lose weight for £26/ week.

A very clickbaity approach that, when you read on, is just more of the same claptrap about budget cooking that so many other middle class food writers spout.

For one thing, she claims this is a full 7-day mealplan but the economics don't quite add up.

For breakfast, she suggests baking your own bread but then she doesn't cost any other ingredients like the eggs she recommends you eat it with.

Likewise, she suggests making your own yoghurt -- okay, that's fine at a push -- but then doesn't cost the fruit and toppings she suggests to make it more interesting.

Also, the £26 is supposed to be for one person but all the recipes are for 4 people. So, if you're one or two people in a household, these costings don't work. Unless you bake one loaf and only eat a quarter of it over a week's breakfasts and lunches. Really?

A lot of what she's proposing involves making things from scratch -- bread, yoghurt, stocks etc -- which isn't great for people who are time poor or who have limited cooking facilities (like I do, in crappy temporary accommodation). And, while she loves organic homemade yoghurt, she wants us to all give up meat except for turkey legs because organic, free range is too costly. You have to run your oven a lot to bake bread, roast turkey and beetroot too.

There's nothing much here for harassed family cooks catering for fussy eaters. No suggestions about how to swop out ingredients that are increasingly unaffordable (like butter or olive oil). No sweets or snacks at all. Just a lot of overnight oats, lentils and abstemiousness. No convenience foods like baked beans that really help to stretch budgets and fill tummies.

Her point about weight loss? This isn't supported at all by what she's recommending here -- just clickbait to lure you into the article.

She's not giving Monroesque absurd economics of costing half an onion and a teaspoon of spice but there's no real substance here and little understanding of what it takes to eat well on very little money.

This is just one more middle class foodie telling the povs to eat turkey legs and lentils every day. I'd lose weight too if I had to face that.

Sorry, Xanthe, I'm out.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.