Jack Monroe #568 Things Jack doesn't understand - Gaslighting, Gas heating, Gastronomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title by @ForgettyBetty , nominated by @MurielSnark. Congrats both. Betty wins a potato and Muriel wins some beans, in honour of a suspected Jackpost on the place where mothers go on the internet.

Last thread (https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...mouse-thief-who-tried-to-grift-a-house.44555/) not much happened but we had a jolly old time reminiscing about Jack's past nonsense including her spat with lovely Ariel Anderssen, how she DEFINITELY doesn't read "gossip forums" ever, her cacophonous marauding malapropisms, and the legacy of colonialism. Plus some Jack as Easter Egg content was enjoyed by all.

Then a surprise post on the net of parents by JackyP and Beans or somesuch was probably by guest, accusing the canal of all sorts that we did not do. Lots of mums over there in the net have called her out, and she's not returned as of time of posting. Rumours of a rebrand remain insubstantial and unsubstantiated.

this is my first go at a new thread so be nice to me you jackals

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Thread title by @ForgettyBetty , nominated by @MurielSnark. Congrats both. Betty wins a potato and Muriel wins some beans, in honour of a suspected Jackpost on the place where mothers go on the internet.

Last thread (https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...mouse-thief-who-tried-to-grift-a-house.44555/) not much happened but we had a jolly old time reminiscing about Jack's past nonsense including her spat with lovely Ariel Anderssen, how she DEFINITELY doesn't read "gossip forums" ever, and the legacy of colonialism. Plus some Jack as Easter Egg content was enjoyed by all.

A magnificent thread title, thank you @ForgettyBetty.

Thanks, ninnies, for my tin o'beans. Hope it's Heinz.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm not a dick in a frog bonnet, and I own no cats. I am a curator of obscure animals, currently training a pack of wolverines for hunting purposes.

Sorry I'm late to the jokes, I lost my beautiful big boy Pooh Bear last Friday and am still coming to terms with not having my best friend holding my arm or foot while I scroll Tattle.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 119

Last thread (https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...mouse-thief-who-tried-to-grift-a-house.44555/) not much happened but we had a jolly old time reminiscing about Jack's past nonsense including her spat with lovely Ariel Anderssen, how she DEFINITELY doesn't read "gossip forums" ever, her cacophonous marauding malapropisms, and the legacy of colonialism. Plus some Jack as Easter Egg content was enjoyed by all.

Then a surprise post on the net of parents by JackyP and Beans or somesuch was probably by guest, accusing the canal of all sorts that we did not do. Lots of mums over there in the net have called her out, and she's not returned as of time of posting. Rumours of a rebrand remain insubstantial and unsubstantiated.

I wonder if the "I had to close my business" nonsense is because she's not got a single invite to any of the festivals this year? Please let it be so.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I'm not a dick in a frog bonnet, and I own no cats. I am a curator of obscure animals, currently training a pack of wolverines for hunting purposes.

Sorry I'm late to the jokes, I lost my beautiful big boy Pooh Bear last Friday and am still coming to terms with not having my best friend holding my arm or foot while I scroll Tattle.
I’m so sorry to hear this. You often make me laugh loads on these threads, I hate to think of my ninnies having a bad time so sending positive vibes and lots of left over mackerel tin oil ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 46
New thread! We must not forget the pink wiki button up top, so any even vaguely interested parties can get the full low down on The 'Life' and 'Times' of Jack Monroe 👍🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 27
New thread! We must not forget the pink wiki button up top, so any even vaguely interested parties can get the full low down on The 'Life' and 'Times' of Jack Monroe 👍🏼
I thank you. I knew I would forget something.

Also, please begin thread title nominations after post 500, and please see that they are not swears.

next time I will remember the due diligence!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Photos of Jack’s Easter cake always remind me of my nan’s dismissal of my mums Madeira cake as being “a waste of 3 eggs”

• Haha
Reactions: 49

I'm so sorry, sending you love ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Going back to the end of the last thread - I don't think I've ever come across anybody who has tried to make so much social capital out of being briefly in (and being very bad at, from all the available evidence) a job as Jack has done the Fire Service.

I mean I think someone here worked out that she was there for what, barely a year? And reading between the lines was seen as a shirker, and so poorly valued that even though her dad was by all accounts a long time and trusted employee, they refused to rescind her resignation.

It takes a high level of emotional imaturity to align one's social brand with a youthful job that didn't last long enough to build up any real knowledge or expertise. I mean I used to knock on doors for the Labour party (back when they were...actually a decent party). That doesn't mean I get to claim that I'm the reincarnation of Clement frickin Attlee.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
do we have any evidence she’s working at Big Dave’s community caf?
The fact that there hasn't been any outbreaks of food poisoning or viral pictures of inedible slop suggests she isnt.

I doubt at this point guest is capable of sticking to someone else's rules and regulations, or even a recipe. Consistent results from cooking aren't for virtuoso once in a generation talents like her.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
The fact that there hasn't been any outbreaks of food poisoning or viral pictures of inedible slop suggests she isnt.

I doubt at this point guest is capable of sticking to someone else's rules and regulations, or even a recipe. Consistent results from cooking aren't for virtuoso once in a generation talents like her.
I reckon she's living off of the proceeds of Big Dave's rental empire

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Can anyone find the 'Burglar Bill Jack in Clink" pic as a little reminder to her that actions ( or lack of them) have consequences?😃

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Going back to the end of the last thread - I don't think I've ever come across anybody who has tried to make so much social capital out of being briefly in (and being very bad at, from all the available evidence) a job as Jack has done the Fire Service.

I mean I think someone here worked out that she was there for what, barely a year? And reading between the lines was seen as a shirker, and so poorly valued that even though her dad was by all accounts a long time and trusted employee, they refused to rescind her resignation.

It takes a high level of emotional imaturity to align one's social brand with a youthful job that didn't last long enough to build up any real knowledge or expertise. I mean I used to knock on doors for the Labour party (back when they were...actually a decent party). That doesn't mean I get to claim that I'm the reincarnation of Clement frickin Attlee.
I wondered if there’s a first responder equivalent to the military’s Walter Mittys & stolen valour. It seems to be almost unknown, but one guy on Reddit had this take:
IMG_5031.jpeg

It’s so telling that she’s not proud of the job she actually did. That front line call handler post has to be a challenging role, why imply or allow the perception to flourish that she was a firefighter?
It just was never good enough to impress Daddy Wispa, was it?

Reactions: 33

you should try actively splitting their vote in a seat where you and they haven’t a hope. That’ll really burnish your left wing credentials on twitter for a week or so.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I wondered if there’s a first responder equivalent to the military’s Walter Mittys & stolen valour. It seems to be almost unknown, but one guy on Reddit had this take:
View attachment 2864819
It’s so telling that she’s not proud of the job she actually did. That front line call handler post has to be a challenging role, why imply or allow the perception to flourish that she was a firefighter?
It just was never good enough to impress Daddy Wispa, was it?
I saw a documentary once on the early days of online dating and there was apparently a real problem on Plenty of Fish with loser incel dudes pretending to have been first responders at 9/11 in order to get dates and big themselves up. (As far as 9/11 larping goes, the case of Tania Head is crazy - she was like the unholy lovechild of Rachel Dolezal and Jack Monroe).

There's definitely more of a whiff of the emotional con artist about Jack, as well as a financial grifter, so this fits for me. Also, her consistently hammed up self image as a sort of plucky, tough Lara Croft type manic pixie dream girl probably led her to try to make her followers believe that she was putting herself directly in harm's way as a firefighter rather than being a call handler.

Her Grenfell blog was the nadir of this particular larp. Absolutely morally reprehensible. Defo the worst tragedy she's centred herself in, for me.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
I actually am still genuinely shocked she pretended online to be an actual firefighter. I mean I don’t know how she wasn’t cancelled for that.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.