Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pleaserefundme

Hello Tattlers. I’ve been lurking here since the HH2 blogpost. It seemed so unbelievable. I’m here to say thank you for making me laugh more than I can remember. The Jacktionary is a work of genius. (Although the grift itself is no laughing matter.)

I was out with colleagues the other day and it turned out two had already been down the JM rabbit hole. Others are now burrowing. Because of what I do for a living, and certain questions I’ve asked others, I can say with some authority that much more beyond the BAR podcast is already in the pipeline. You won’t be waiting long for more coverage.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 205

jenny2603

VIP Member
Still listening to BARPOD. Nothing that would be new to us so far but it's a full potted history. She's fucked.

It's everything from Hunger Hurts 1, through to the Hopkins trial, Kickstarter, the health issues, Teemill, Patreon, all the collabs, Hunger Hurts 2.

Just mentioned Molly!

Jesse: "This is like a mega grift."

They asked to speak to Jack! She did not respond!

Now running through the 100 hour work week, contradictory tweets. Celebrity squad! FOI request to police. Katie Herzog has contacted Essex Police and awaiting a response. Now talking about Joshua Bonehill and clarifying he wasn't jailed for harassing her.

TATTLE HAS BEEN MENTIONED! THEY MENTION OUR BEAUTIFUL RECEIPTS!

THREAD 31!

Vimes Boots Index- ONS "Jack had nothing to do with this"

Tweeting terrible advice re fuel bills.

Threats to sue, transphobia right wingers. All debunked.

Katie Roche blogpost now being mentioned.

Homeless claims "living rough"/ never been homeless.

DIVA magazine debacle.

Claims of poverty but probably in top 10% of booksellers. "she's either lying or really fucking bad with money"

Lesbian who currently dates men.

Claims to be able feed family on £20 "irresponsible and galling".

They've been talking to a frau.

Here's the links included in the email

UPDATE: During this episode’s production, Monroe deleted her Twitter and few of her Tweets have been archived. Our apologies.

A Recipe For Jack Monroe

You will need:

• 25 oz. of alcoholism
  • COVID-19 (severe)
  • A whole autism (self-diagnosed)
  • Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (if available)
  • 3 (or more) concussions
  • 1 grandparent who immigrated (from Wales)
  • Note: Add 5 tabs of testosterone for a Jacked Monroe instead.
This story, if cooked up convincingly, should get you hired by the BBC, Netflix, Hellmann’s, and Del Monte, shortly before making you an influential economist.

Just try not to look too closely at what’s inside.

72.png
Monroe’s viral blogpost describing her poverty

https://web.archive.org/web/20130201235747/http:/agirlcalledjack.com/2012/07/30/hunger-hurts/

The Daily Mirror’s article describing Monroe eating on just £10 a week

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/young-mum-turns-off-heating-so-she-can-1502710

72.png
Monroe announces she has received her dream job at a local newspaper

https://web.archive.org/web/20130301120239/http://agirlcalledjack.com/2013/02/25/ive-got-a-brand-new-job-and-im-so-excited-i-could-squeak/

Monroe, non-binary, now goes by “them” (but will grant you an s-word pass)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-transformation-of-jack-monroe-tglnc393nw5

Jack Monroe v Katie Hopkins [2017]

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/monroe-v-hopkins-2017-ewhc-433-qb-20170329-rev-1.pdf

Ten years after her viral blogpost, Monroe is still poor. I think?

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2022/07/31/the-curse-of-the-poverty-hangover-ten-years-on/

Awfully Molly’s blogpost outlining the case against Jack Monroe

https://medium.com/@AwfullyMolly/jack-monroe-saint-or-scammer-80ec92f37bb6

72.png
Monroe leans into her identity as a working-class “third-generation immigrant”

https://web.archive.org/web/20220528175937/

Jack Monroe: An Investigation

https://katieroche.net/jack_monroe_investigation_main.html

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND - AUGUST 25: British food writer, journalist and activist Jack Monroe attends the Edinburgh International Book Festival at Edinburgh College of Art on August 25, 2022 in Edinburgh, Scotland. (Photo by Simone Padovani/Getty Images)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 155

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
I can’t say too much but a well known glossy women’s lifestyle mag has just put out a comment request, on the media database I use, for response to the Medium article on Jack.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 154

Mendacious Trumpet

Holy hoops people!
Email from Blocked and Reported podcast just dropped into my inbox and it's only about our Jack!!!
(edit: it's only for paid subscribers unfortunately 😭)

Title: The Literally Unbelievable Tale of Jack Monroe, The UK's Richest and Most Frequently Endorsed Poor Person.

fuckfuck why do I have a meeting in 8 minutes?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 135

Squelch

I just finished listening to the Blocked and Reported episode and it was fantastic. Katie Herzog did a great job providing a history of Jack and explaining all the inconsistencies. Tattle got a lot of credit for compiling all the evidence.

Lots of media types listen to Blocked and Reported, it's very influential in that world. This is very bad for Jack.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 132

MarchingPowder

It's funny what you guys are saying about whether Jack actually is an alcoholic. A friend sat on her table at an industry 'do' quite some years ago (maybe 2017? 2016? I think when she claimed she was still heavily drinking) and apparently she barely drank, barely ate anything and disappeared to the loos for long stretches with her date between every course for some pretty blatant Coca Cola consumption.
I sometimes wonder if she's actually getting clean from a class A habit but just chose to say it's alcohol as it's more palatable to her flying monkeys and celeb supporters, and above all, a lot cheaper.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 132

BenignNarcissist

Has there been an in-depth study of Alcoholism Recovery Jack?

I read about the local shop contradictory stories, but there's more than that.

BTW, my name is Benign Narcissist and I'm an alcoholic, and regularly attended meetings and events for a number of years.

I have never seen, or heard of, an AA group in the UK give out the "sobriety chips" marking the length of time sober (though I have seen it in other 'anonymous groups' - Cocaine Anonymous, for example).

She might have a home group that does do it, but why would she accept multiple chips to mark the same length of sober time?

Any South of England friends of Bill W able to confirm if sobriety chips are given out?

Standard advice to new arrivals at AA is attend 90 meetings in 90 days, and don't drink in between. Anonymity is discussed, and I'm pretty sure someone with a high profile is advised that using said profile to announce early recovery risks damaging AA reputation, and putting others off trying it, in the event of a relapse.

If Jack does have a sponsor (AA veteran to do the 12 Step programme with), then they will be aghast at her social media antics.

Jack announced to the world her alcoholism with a Guardian article a week into 'sobriety' - everyone is different, but I don't know any AA members who made membership public within the first few months rather than days, except one guy who announced it on his Facebook page when he acted like a drunken fool at a work event and tried to worm out of getting sacked.

Jack may well have gone to AA. She may believe she is addicted to alcohol. She might even be. I can't know. But what I do know is that her exposing the organisation to association with her, particularly so early on, would likely cause immense discomfort to those who do "service" (volunteer to host and run the meetings). This is read out at the start of every meeting:

A.A. PREAMBLE
A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics achieve sobriety.

Nobody would ever be asked to leave an AA meeting unless something really awful like violence resulted. But AA meetings will have people desperately in need of help arriving, and, if Jack does attend, find there is a social media personality with serious boundary issues there.

If Jack is in AA, she acted out of accordance with the spirit of anonymity the organisation has carefully cultivated over decades.

Many famous people have spoken of their membership - but usually after many years sobriety, and often significant service. Jack showed up and wrote a Guardian article about it.

It's all very weird and suspicious.

• Heart
Reactions: 130

pleaserefundme

Just wanted to say a proper hi now that the radio fuss has died away a bit. Intrigued to find out more about your intel as and when it manifests itself into the public domain, thanks for the heads up
Thanks, hello. I have been almost in tears with laughter at times from what I've read here. The picture of the chicken, a young Jack's first roast dinner, kept coming back to me and so I've found myself cackling at probably inappropriate moments. Yesterday's stocktake was also hysterical. I've done a lot of what I think you guys call grunking. After HH2, I read loads here and I just couldn't believe I'd been so blind. I never liked JM's social media presence but the way she operates should have been obvious to me.

My intel is specific in one case, in that I know something is being written, and I also know that others are/have been trying. (I also think that now Katie and Jesse have done their podcast, there will be a load more people who focus on this story than already were.)

I'm sorry to be opaque but I probably shouldn't go into any more detail. I can promise you that unlike the Bootstrap Crook I'm not telling tall tales.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 126

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Guys, we know she has TONNES of high end shit. Back when it was all fields around here, we used to comment on how her poverty LARPing was constantly interspersed with, like, thot shots on a new Cotswold Co sideboard or Dyson hairdryers or 5 phones, 3 laptops and a super impressive looking desktop Mac type set up. That's why we're here! Because she's funding this lifestyle on people who don't even know what Downpipe is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 116

Flumps

VIP Member
OMFG. This is two of my favourite worlds colliding. I will lay the tiniest of claims to having noticed this potentially happening.

4227D908-5DA6-49BB-A8A4-17DE3AB2403B.png

I now have to go listen for myself. Though imagine it’s worth every penny I’ve been giving Katie and her employee Jesse over the last couple of years. Damn, this is what a good subscription model gets you.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 115

Universal

Chatty Member
OHHH the podcast has been posted in our WhatsApp 'industry' group chat. I work in Comms, for a government department.... 🔺 Hello fellow frau if you are on here 👋

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 114

Emmapism

VIP Member
Another reminder to please catch up before posting links 🙏

If I have to see one more Sunday Woman link I'm going to yeet myself into the sea. Thanks all!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 112

MooBelle

VIP Member
I agree, one behaviour in particular that stands out for me is the constant reorganising/moving rooms around! The way she has looked in her last few TV spots too, completely strung out and like she hasn't slept for days. Regarding the j1g, her aggression towards others has always been one of the things that makes me 🧐.
I mean there is a lot of examples, but my favourite is the radiator full of gas.
Although we laugh at the down right thickness of someone who thought a radiator worked by pumping gas through it and heating it (🙄) it is worth remembering the context she posted it.
She and a 'friend' were in the 'friend's' house at 4am. They were apparently redesigning the kitchen.
They were trying to move the radiator and Jack asked twitter how you would move it without the gas escaping.
All of this was live tweeted at a manic pace as Jack and her friend tried to tear up a kitchen at 4am.
Totally normal.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 112

Sensible Susan

Chatty Member
Hi everyone, been lurking for a while and just want to say this forum is amazing! I've been off sick for the week and basically "binge watched" the Monroe box set, I have so many FEELINGS :ROFLMAO::sick::mad:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 110

colouredlines

VIP Member
I have fallen behind again, and won't actually be able to listen to the BARpod episode until tomorrow. But this is the news I mentioned on F&D a little while ago, and also the reason I am such a stickler for facts here.

(I was also the source for the knitting drama episode a few months ago, for those who heard that. 👀)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 108

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
Missing my normal Jack twitter content - took a look on Facebook and saw this (seems like a real account)
Screenshot_20220929-170236.png

The same person has also commented in Jack's publisher page asking why they work with her. No response.

Obv it's not gaining traction, but I don't think I'd seen anything negative come up on a quick Facebook search before...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 108