Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Final update for this evening, I'll just do one big one tomorrow, keep em coming ninnies x
£428 fancy knobs (and counting)
£250 at least on magnetic Allegra spice jars
£315 at least (assuming there are only 7 but I think it’s more) on snake charmer kitchen baskets
£95 Abigail Aherne grey hare table lamp
£72 antique bird of paradise porcelain door knobs and finger plates (bedroom door)
(+£432 if she's done the other say 6 internal doors as well)
£25 wooden calculator (unused)
£35 two-headed Skellington dog plastic Halloween decoration
£100 pigskin hat
£339 All Saints belfern suede biker jacket
£155 Morris & Co. Strawberry Thief curtains (median price £65-245)
£1,550 Tiffany pearl hoop earrings sterling silver (two pairs)
£150 DM boots (other ones, not the willow ones mentioned upthread)
£104 rusty eBay spoons
£110 couple of Oliver Bonas jumpers
£80 Emma Bridgewater toaster with TOASTER on it
£780 At least two Burberry scarves: one for her and one for LJC
£110 Crosley cruiser suitcase turntable (bedroom)
£800 77 Lipsticks
£200 14 Foundations
£250 40 Eyeliners
£500 misc makeup
£320 2x Roberts Revival Mini radio
£158 orange nike trainers
£1,200 kendal dining chairs
£425 Graham and Green birdcage lampshade
£65 test tube vases
£35 boiler suit (which was dyed pink)
£10 squid game guard mask from the market
£44 per roll wallpaper used as ADHD friendly “to-do” list
£300 kitchen aid
£20 black pleather Primark boots with chain
£499 Dyson fan
£65 SimpleHuman hand soap dispenser (kitchen)
£60 squatty potty
£535 custom captain's chair
£110 Two pairs of granny curtain boiler suits
£400 Cotswold Company small sideboard (living room, blue)
£229 Cotswold Company tallboy (bedroom, ivory)
£799 Cotswold Company chester dove grey writing bureau (similar)
£849 Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak dining table
£399 Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak storage bench
£2,396 2x Cotswold Company chester dresser
£1,529 Cotswold Company chester grand dresser
£299 Cotswold Company bookcase (porch)
£800 2x Cotswold Company small sideboards
£499 Cotswold Company chester wine console
£599 Cotswold Company chester large sideboard
£699 Cotswold Company chester large sideboard (wine rack version)
£800 2x Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak shoe storage bench
£730 Cotswold Company chester dove grey extra large dresser top
£300 suit she wore for the Diva photoshoot
£300 dyson hairdryer
£850 water rower
£400 John Lewis hammock
£400 John Lewis egg chair
£400 20x John Lewis clear plastic storage bins
£290 Baywood 33 drawer tea chest
£30 John Lewis Perspex cube pasta storage with pink lids
£20 full set of oversized unicorns/animal mugs from Asda
£300 sentient mirror
£360 2x nike trainers (exc. orange ones)
£120 24" TV for SB's PlayStation
£2,500 Smeg (double American style)
£300 2x Viv westwood dress (assume sale)
£75 Sweaty Betty leggings
£170 Lumie alarm clock
£200 R&P bras (x 2 minimum)
£199 Airpods
£249 Airpods pro
£199 Apple Watch (assume series 3)
£250 Sleeper to Edinburgh last min on a Friday
£309 3 nights at Eden Locke, Edinburgh
£170 Last minute train home on a Monday morning
£700 Vets bills
£20 Sad Asda shop
£80 2x summit camping stove (shed)
£400 ooni pizza oven (freebie)
£60 3x “tiles” for locating lost keys/phones by internet magic
£12 2x dylon machine dye
£180 12x moleskin notebooks
£1,000 unread books (estimate)
£100 CUDDLY TOY (Hamleys)
£640 6x DAB radios
£60 Lego flower bouquet
£60 Rock tumbler
£2,200 content
£600 Emin
£15 6x ring binders (for coroner's reports)
£1,790 Burberry classic trench coat
£5,000 Burberry brit jacket ($5-6k)
£350 Warm & wonderful diana sheep jumper
£60 Boy london snap back black/gold hat ($60)
£1,000 Unidentified Cotswold(?) cupboard/wardrobe
£10 horrendous steam punk clock leggings (worn once)
Total: £34,476 £45,606
I'm starting to feel a bit queasy 🤑
Shoes (not) left behind by stylist/left on after photo shoot? - I forget the brand these are
The new pair of boots she bought after wearing the taped together pair for a while on TV (despite having other pairs ...?)
304 Christmas tree decorations (many were 🔺 by clever fraus)
Botox
Fillers
Expensive haircuts
Artificial snow
many wigs
plastic flower headdress phase
“£5” denim cargo trousers from Primark
Multiple phones
SPITE SOFA
Le Creuset
furniture and set dressing for the shed outside that she was going to turn into a studio
lawnmower
bikes
tents
planting trough things
Ten (at least) outdoor chairs for her Mormon tabernacle Amish prayer circle fellowship things
The hen with the rubber eggs for nesting hens?
dusty plastics string of pearls plant
wallpaper backgrounds
Mary Poppins umbrella
desktop Mac type set up
laptops
I thought it would be useful to visualise the data

View attachment 1612634

The accent while she was saying "bread and jam please mummy" 🦉🍾
Didn’t she post she had vet insurance for content claimed £12 pcm which is way below best deal we got for eats own tit lab

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
She did, but we think she means that basic plan the vets gives - like a once a year check up, toe clip and worming/flea tablets

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Anyone got access to this who can drop it into an online AI audio transcription? (i.e. not rely on a Moleskine notebook and a crumbly hand)
If you go on their Twitter you can listen to the first ten mins free btw

I wonder if Jack’s massive strop about potatoes was because of this expose? Surely that’s it? She’ll only have a few wet ninnies who haven’t figured it out if she comes back?

Reactions: 55

I wonder if Jack’s massive strop about potatoes was because of this expose? Surely that’s it? She’ll only have a few wet ninnies who haven’t figured it out if she comes back?
I suspect she'd have been livid once they got in touch with her. It'll be interesting to see how the flying monkeys respond or if she comes back and tries to defend herself. As I say there's nothing in the podcast a long term Tattler wouldn't know already but when you hear it all described back to you it brings home how insane the whole thing is.

• Heart
Reactions: 78

But this pod could just be the start - look at the momentum gathering since Molly’s blog! We prayed for a podcast expose for so long!

I suspect she'd have been livid once they got in touch with her. It'll be interesting to see how the flying monkeys respond or if she comes back and tries to defend herself. As I say there's nothing in the podcast a long term Tattler wouldn't know already but when you hear it all described back to you it brings home how insane the whole thing is.
Def interested to hear what their take on her is, especially as they’re outside of UK

• Heart
Reactions: 65
But this pod could just be the start - look at the momentum gathering since Molly’s blog! We prayed for a podcast expose for so long!

Def interested to hear what their take on her is, especially as they’re outside of UK
Jesse burst out laughing as soon as he heard the can't lie because she's autistic quote. They came back to it a couple of times and they were both just hooting at it. I'm hoping it's something they revisit, particularly if Essex Police get back in touch with them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
Someone on the last thread (sorry, I don't remember who) asked what the Welsh word for grifter is.

Typically, people are known by their occupation along with their last name, so in English you would have people like Jones the Chemist, or Williams the Milk. In keeping with that I can only assume that Jack would be known as Monroe the Swindler. 😲

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
I just finished listening to the Blocked and Reported episode and it was fantastic. Katie Herzog did a great job providing a history of Jack and explaining all the inconsistencies. Tattle got a lot of credit for compiling all the evidence.

Lots of media types listen to Blocked and Reported, it's very influential in that world. This is very bad for Jack.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 132
Still listening to BARPOD. Nothing that would be new to us so far but it's a full potted history. She's fucked.

It's everything from Hunger Hurts 1, through to the Hopkins trial, Kickstarter, the health issues, Teemill, Patreon, all the collabs, Hunger Hurts 2.

Just mentioned Molly!

Jesse: "This is like a mega grift."

They asked to speak to Jack! She did not respond!

Now running through the 100 hour work week, contradictory tweets. Celebrity squad! FOI request to police. Katie Herzog has contacted Essex Police and awaiting a response. Now talking about Joshua Bonehill and clarifying he wasn't jailed for harassing her.

TATTLE HAS BEEN MENTIONED! THEY MENTION OUR BEAUTIFUL RECEIPTS!

THREAD 31!

Vimes Boots Index- ONS "Jack had nothing to do with this"

Tweeting terrible advice re fuel bills.

Threats to sue, transphobia right wingers. All debunked.

Katie Roche blogpost now being mentioned.

Homeless claims "living rough"/ never been homeless.

DIVA magazine debacle.

Claims of poverty but probably in top 10% of booksellers. "she's either lying or really bleeping bad with money"

Lesbian who currently dates men.

Claims to be able feed family on £20 "irresponsible and galling".

They've been talking to a frau.

Here's the links included in the email

UPDATE: During this episode’s production, Monroe deleted her Twitter and few of her Tweets have been archived. Our apologies.

A Recipe For Jack Monroe

You will need:

• 25 oz. of alcoholism
  • COVID-19 (severe)
  • A whole autism (self-diagnosed)
  • Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (if available)
  • 3 (or more) concussions
  • 1 grandparent who immigrated (from Wales)
  • Note: Add 5 tabs of testosterone for a Jacked Monroe instead.
This story, if cooked up convincingly, should get you hired by the BBC, Netflix, Hellmann’s, and Del Monte, shortly before making you an influential economist.

Just try not to look too closely at what’s inside.

View attachment 1612660 Monroe’s viral blogpost describing her poverty

https://web.archive.org/web/20130201235747/http:/agirlcalledjack.com/2012/07/30/hunger-hurts/

The Daily Mirror’s article describing Monroe eating on just £10 a week

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/young-mum-turns-off-heating-so-she-can-1502710

View attachment 1612661 Monroe announces she has received her dream job at a local newspaper

https://web.archive.org/web/20130301120239/http://agirlcalledjack.com/2013/02/25/ive-got-a-brand-new-job-and-im-so-excited-i-could-squeak/

Monroe, non-binary, now goes by “them” (but will grant you an s-word pass)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-transformation-of-jack-monroe-tglnc393nw5

Jack Monroe v Katie Hopkins [2017]

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/monroe-v-hopkins-2017-ewhc-433-qb-20170329-rev-1.pdf

Ten years after her viral blogpost, Monroe is still poor. I think?

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2022/07/31/the-curse-of-the-poverty-hangover-ten-years-on/

Awfully Molly’s blogpost outlining the case against Jack Monroe

https://medium.com/@AwfullyMolly/jack-monroe-saint-or-scammer-80ec92f37bb6

View attachment 1612662 Monroe leans into her identity as a working-class “third-generation immigrant”

https://web.archive.org/web/20220528175937/

Jack Monroe: An Investigation

https://katieroche.net/jack_monroe_investigation_main.html

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND - AUGUST 25: British food writer, journalist and activist Jack Monroe attends the Edinburgh International Book Festival at Edinburgh College of Art on August 25, 2022 in Edinburgh, Scotland. (Photo by Simone Padovani/Getty Images)
This is the most exciting development since Molly's article dropped, and it's come at the perfect time after potatogate - so many more people are catching on to the grift since the roastie ridiculing, mostly through being directed towards Molly's article and the mentioning of the trusty catalogue of receipts the Dear Fraus have collated here. It's beautiful they've managed to get the episode released now at the point where more people than ever are interested in her and the endless lies.

Also, just to add, superb work with that list of her spending... it is SO bleeping SHOCKING seeing it all laid out like that. It's sickening, she absolutely disgusts me. Thank you fraus for being a shining light amidst her endless horror.

• Heart
Reactions: 98
Jesse burst out laughing as soon as he heard the can't lie because she's autistic quote. They came back to it a couple of times and they were both just hooting at it. I'm hoping it's something they revisit, particularly if Essex Police get back in touch with them.
I am SO curious about the Essex Police thing - she kept tagging them in on Twitter so presumably they have had some involvement. But surely they can't have a Celebrity Squad going when police these days don't even have the resources to investigate real crimes like burglary?!

• Haha
Reactions: 49
From Twitter, I copied and pasted as I haven't worked out how to squiggle screenshots

@1stsqiggle
I'm no Jack Monroe, but I've rustled up a cheap batch cook tonight.
1kg of chicken breast 1 jar of arrabbiata sauce 4 chicken stock cubes 1 litre boiling water 500g of penne pasta Chilli flakes Fry it, add it, simmer it for 35 minutes. 5 meals for less than £8. Delicious.

@2nd squiggle

Replying to
@1stsquiggle
If you were Jack Monroe you'd have added a can of peaches to the recipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 78
I listened to the free 10 mins and subscribed as a result so I could hear the rest. It is absolutely damning all laid out like this and I’m not even finished listening yet. Completely damning. She has no way of countering this- or suing/threatening to sue them.

ETA the only thing they’ve left out was the grifting for legal fees to sue Daubney etc into her personal PayPal. I hope they revisit her as a topic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 102
Imagine if Netflix or some documentary maker does do it? I know she’s small potatoes 🥔 (Small, Dire Potatoes as a title?) but as a con job type story it’s a banger. People love that stuff.
I hope wonky b gets a cameo. Can’t help thinking of that woman who continued to insist Savile was a good guy even after he was exposed.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I am SO curious about the Essex Police thing - she kept tagging them in on Twitter so presumably they have had some involvement. But surely they can't have a Celebrity Squad going when police these days don't even have the resources to investigate real crimes like burglary?!
Someone got an email from them confirming there there was no such squad, I think it's on here a couple of threads back. Essex Police did come out and visit her a few months back but she claimed that was a malicious report at the time.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.