Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking that was why she'd jumped on NL's coattails (maybe confided?). Nigella came clean and was loved again, except she wasn't using other people's dosh and is an actual chef. ❄❄👃
I've been trying to figure out when they might first have met. They were both at this awards do

Bet there were some deep ❄ drifts there.

1664475779865.png

1664475813714.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
People who've been scammed do sometimes double down as they've got too much invested in it emotionally.

And I guess there will be a lot of people who are only getting the message that she's under attack, not why.
There's going to be a lot of new £1 subscribers joining for the inside gossip, which will skew the figures and balance out leavers.

Reactions: 38
The magazine article there is really badly written, unfortunately. It seems to go out of its way to emphasise that it’s mean spirited rather than forensic; someone who isn’t already done with JM’s nonsense will nope out as soon as they pick up that it’s a gleeful hatchet job

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm way behind but just had a quick listen to her on the radio...whichever Frau said she has a peg on her nose is absolutely right!!
Maybe Jack didn't show up so they got the work experience girl to put a peg on her nose and stand in so they didn't lose all the listeners waiting with baited breath to see if she would address her twitter flounce?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’m surprised non of the inside gossip from the patreon has made it into the public domain. Maybe it’s all too 🔺

This does seem like a veritable tsunami of anti-grift sentiment finally. I’m so angry that someone like her ruined the amazing gig that she should have had and has squandered it. Imagine how much ACTUAL good she could have done. But when the whole thing was built on lies, that was never going to happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
* If she was using coke or whatever, I wouldn’t judge her, in the same way that I don’t judge any fraus who share their experiences with it here, I really respect how open and honest you all are. I just have a problem with her lies around it all. Sorry not explaining this very well!
absolutely agree with you. I’ll be the last person to judge anyones addiction given my own behaviour and habits. I’m judging the fact she’s taking money from the poor to feed it by lying to them. Ours has at least been funded by legitimately earned money from a profession my partner is known for being one of the best at locally for decades. Wasn’t helped by paying off the mortgage and suddenly having “extra” money when really there’s still other things we should’ve been spending that on.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I’m surprised non of the inside gossip from the patreon has made it into the public domain. Maybe it’s all too 🔺

This does seem like a veritable tsunami of anti-grift sentiment finally. I’m so angry that someone like her ruined the amazing gig that she should have had and has squandered it. Imagine how much ACTUAL good she could have done. But when the whole thing was built on lies, that was never going to happen.
Was just about to ask this. Surely a £1er could have provided some screenshots of of the comments? Pretty please with John Lewis 2x£18 knobs on from the knob drawer?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
This is something I’ve been thinking, but was never sure how to phrase it. Her tweets/writing never look like she’s been drunk.

Whatever substances she may or may not be abusing*, for me, her biggest problem is that she’s a total narc. I know that word is thrown around a lot these days, but she really is, and it’s disturbing.

* If she was using coke or whatever, I wouldn’t judge her, in the same way that I don’t judge any fraus who share their experiences with it here, I really respect how open and honest you all are. I just have a problem with her lies around it all. Sorry not explaining this very well!
As Hotes said above, usually you'd see someone's literacy deteriorate as they gradually become more drunk. That doesn't happen with Jack and she also doesn't ever seem to pass out asleep, instead merrily tweeting away until early morning.

YouTube is currently being flooded with "Jack Monroe leaves twitter" videos BTW, she's definitely paid for some services.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
Speed is the working class drug of choice (so I've been told).
#oldmumwhousedtodanceallnight
An ex bought 4 pounds of the speed (or possibly robbed it off someone) in 1990 something) and we spent what felt like weeks chopping the godawful stuff up on a huge mirror in his squat. I had a massive permanent headache just from living with the dust and smell and couldn't stop twitching. I do a whole-body cringe at the thought of it now. Something about the smell of earwax also sets off a trace memory, for some reason.
Anyway, kids, don't do drugs mmmkay?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
The lodger is such bullshit IMO. She just never wanted to admit to only ever needing to feed herself, and the kid only once or twice a week.

Reactions: 40
Re: Nigella, my theory is that maybe she’d given jack some/they’d had some times doing it together and then because Jack became addicted Nigella maybe felt responsible/guilty and tries to overcompensate? Just a hunch though.

excuse grammar, am tired, send sleepos

• Haha
Reactions: 28
An ex bought 4 pounds of the speed (or possibly robbed it off someone) in 1990 something) and we spent what felt like weeks chopping the godawful stuff up on a huge mirror in his squat. I had a massive permanent headache just from living with the dust and smell and couldn't stop twitching. I do a whole-body cringe at the thought of it now. Something about the smell of earwax also sets off a trace memory, for some reason.
Anyway, kids, don't do drugs mmmkay?
Omg EARWAX! Ewwww I've just had a massive flashback to the taste of speed circa 1997 🤣🤮
God awful stuff.
Honestly, I think jack would be much, much thinner if she was on that regularly. Coke is more likely.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
How much roughly do with think Content cost? Even though she's another thing explained away by gifting🙄. Do you think Jack has been misspelling grifting all this time?
The dog must have cost at least £1000- £1500 plus everything that goes with buying a dog.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.