Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would pay SERIOUS money to be a breakfast guest at the bungalow in a few hours, she opens her DMs/ emails and some fawning acolyte has written a synopsis …. Some of that crockery is getting smashed minimum. Hopefully SB is with his father.

I think if legals aren’t issued ( would be hard to see how they could) other outlets will start. I bet the Patreon bosses will be concerned now surely?

The potatoes were a smokescreen, this is the real reason for the flounce, would love to know when they contacted her.

re the money spent on luxury items, I wonder how much if any is spent on SB ( I feel it won’t be a lot). Does SB’s Dad get maintenance if SB does, as we suspect, spend most of his time there.
BIB

If she did that on purpose it has spectacularly back-fired. Because of the ridiculousness nature of potatogate so many more people know who she is, will be interested in this podcast and prepared to pay to listen.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
For the List, didn’t some Frau Marple triangulate the necklace at the Arcade Fire gig? I thought it was Tiffany but can’t see it on their website.

Now I’m off to resubscribe to Barpod, excellent chroniclers of Internet bullshit 😁
C7E71740-8324-4FD4-B69F-5264B1240242.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
EF2EAE5A-C63C-4461-9E5C-85B64524F594.jpeg

Thanks @Hollaaa for the new thread!

Bringing this photo forward from the last thread. I know Jack had already shown SB’s face by this point but it still feels like a decision was made. Influencing wasn’t what it is now so she wasn’t ‘cashing in’ on him in the way a lot of people do now but it still seems stark to me that Leggy didn’t want her child’s photo shown but Jack was happy for hers to be.

I guess what I’m trying to say is even back then, she knew that the additional element of SB would tug harder on the heart strings and allow her to lay the poverty story on thicker

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
@That Forensic Man i need to make a correction as I made a mistake with one of my costings (see how it’s done Jack)
A frau said earlier that they thought the kitchen snake baskets were Wilco so I went looking for receipts. They were identified as Wilco by @Ninch55 and are £56 total if there are seven- not £45 each as I said (in my fuge state) I’m sorry.
33FDB11B-5D02-4AA3-A075-654602EC7C5A.jpeg

I will however countermand this terrible error with the expensive coffee machine she said in the book intro for Good Food for Bad Days that she bought with the advance (noted by @Veronicaaa) featured in same kitchen. Despite claiming to not drink coffee.
D05F978E-742C-4757-B671-C44619E0049C.jpeg

Looks a lot like this one to me
D51C1A79-0C19-4735-9346-B357C698096C.jpeg

D11CD264-F0F2-42D2-994D-D2C22FA56AC4.jpeg

Also this alarm clock on her bedroom shelf identified by @Marmalade Atkins back in January.
97BC7D8C-2E76-4FE4-8A85-B2119C57FE4E.jpeg

2591D22C-C61F-4097-A6A2-2E1BC06D21F6.jpeg

And this is a Tatty Devine Fishbone necklace that sold for £66
D8D0F12B-0EA2-4763-824C-CBA04E2D6427.jpeg

No word on the turban monstrosity £
8FD81F97-7619-4EDA-8646-D357B6B539C7.jpeg

I’m stopping this now as much as I think it’s useful to have all in one place, the rampant consumerism while rattling the can and being disingenuous about her finances and ‘managing on a budget expertise’ is absolutely nauseating. I actually feel sullied and grubby just from compiling this stuff.
[/SPOILER]

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I realise this sounds naïve as f...I had no idea she owned quite so much STUFF. Crikey.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I'm still hooting at the headline. She'll hit the roof at being described as The UK's richest poor person but knowing Jack will be all over the Exeter slip as if that debunks anything.

I don’t know how many time’s I’ve deployed this gif but *this time* I’m sure she’s cooked her own goose (not literally, thankfully). Apologies, I can’t remember who said it on the last thread but she has overplayed her hand spectacularly and she has absolutely nobody to blame but herself. Greedy mare.

I wonder which Frau they spoke to and how they got in touch? Maybe Molly is a Frau or she knows someone who is. However it came about, after almost three long years of waiting patiently, that faint noise could actually be the sound of Jack Monroe’s chickens coming home to roost…

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
Cost aside - the amount of stuff in her gaff has long since been my aneurysm.

Moving several times with very little help, no car and no money for fancy removal services

Knowing that even in half decent looking rentals, issues with things like damp or mice can arise quickly because the scum landlord has just covered them over for your arrival

Knowing that, as this is another rental, you will move again. Despite being in a much better financial position, with a partner etc, you will need to move again

What part of her PTSD - given that she still hides when the doorbell rings, breaks into a cold sweat when checking her bank balance etc - let her just forget the sheer horror of 18 or so horrendous house moves, and let her fill that huge rental with masses of expensive stuff? While still taking donations from people who believe she's struggling to make ends meet?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 82
I’m not subscribed to BAR and only listened to first ten mins… do they explicitly say the source is someone from here?!

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Chuffing hell, I've just read about the podcast episode on JM. She's going to go nuclear. Also, remember what I was saying about reputation management a few days ago? She's going to need it. Expect a spell in rehab (real or imagined) very soon. Takes the 🔥 off.

Reactions: 55
I’m not subscribed to BAR and only listened to first ten mins… do they explicitly say the source is someone from here?!
They seem to have more than one source, and have clearly done some research of their own as well. They’ve independently contacted Essex Police about celeb squad for eg. But they have actually had some back and forth chat/email with a Tattler and they read out some of an email where that person explains why Tattlers ‘chat pony’ about Jack (except as that person is clearly not an utter tit they did not use said Jack-term).

The stuff about here was pretty benign. They made clear this isn’t the toxic sludge calling for her shuffling off this mortal coil that Jack makes it out to be.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Now I can catch up in real time now the insomnias got me !!!

Fraus, this is incredible. I’m a relatively new Frau (been here since Liverpool shirt/goat leg Jack, such a simple time). To see everything pulled together like this, it’s like Tattles very own don’t f*ck with cats!

I don’t think she’ll be on Twitter for a very long time after this, if she does ever come back.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
OMFG. This is two of my favourite worlds colliding. I will lay the tiniest of claims to having noticed this potentially happening.

4227D908-5DA6-49BB-A8A4-17DE3AB2403B.png

I now have to go listen for myself. Though imagine it’s worth every penny I’ve been giving Katie and her employee Jesse over the last couple of years. Damn, this is what a good subscription model gets you.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 115
Now I can catch up in real time now the insomnias got me !!!

Fraus, this is incredible. I’m a relatively new Frau (been here since Liverpool shirt/goat leg Jack, such a simple time). To see everything pulled together like this, it’s like Tattles very own don’t f*ck with cats!

I don’t think she’ll be on Twitter for a very long time after this, if she does ever come back.
Goat leg Jack 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 33
OMFG. This is two of my favourite world’s colliding. I will lay the tiniest of claims to having noticed this potentially happening.

View attachment 1612806

I now have to go listen for myself. Though imagine it’s worth every penny I’ve been giving Katie and her employee Jesse over the last couple of years. Damn, this is what a good subscription model gets you.
Producing actual content in exchange for their monthly fee... Madness! 😆

I am definitely tempted to chuck them some extra money as a thank you.

Edit: man, imagine trying to sum up the Jackiverse in 40 minutes... So tired y'all...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
I'm half tempted to
I’m biased, it’s my favourite podcast, but it is the only one I regularly subscribe to. It is funny, but it is also well researched and they are thoughtful about contentious issues as well as internet bullshit. I don’t always agree them (well I normally agree with Katie because I love her a little bit) but they do proper investigation into things where a lot of journos just write the correct Twitter opinion in article format.

Before today I considered it well worth the money. Now I probs have to sell my house and give them the profits. Poor my family, send paypal-os

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
Yes, towards the end of the full podcast, Katie mentions having discussed Tattle with a user and reads out part of quote from them about why people post on the site.

Reactions: 54
I’m biased, it’s my favourite podcast, but it is the only one I regularly subscribe to. It is funny, but it is also well researched and they are thoughtful about contentious issues as well as internet bullshit. I don’t always agree them (well I normally agree with Katie because I love her a little bit) but they do proper investigation into things where a lot of journos just write the correct Twitter opinion in article format.

Before today I considered it well worth the money. Now I probs have to sell my house and give them the profits. Poor my family, send paypal-os
I don't want to derail the thread too much but I second the recommendation.
Katie and her employee Jesse are a lot like the wonderful members of the canal, very enjoyable to listen to, take no bullshit and are FORENSIC about misinformation.
And they waste their time researching internet bullshit so that I don't have to. (USA heavy but still funny - there's a good chunk of content that's free)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
PS It’s advertised at the very top of their Twitter too. 13.2k followers. I’m sure it will get a LOT more traction as word gets out today.
3265372C-D025-4F65-AFFC-C10B13C66C99.jpeg

Then this. Because they can laugh at themselves
A32166DC-0486-4054-9EB3-E275EEE295F3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
Has there been an in-depth study of Alcoholism Recovery Jack?

I read about the local shop contradictory stories, but there's more than that.

BTW, my name is Benign Narcissist and I'm an alcoholic, and regularly attended meetings and events for a number of years.

I have never seen, or heard of, an AA group in the UK give out the "sobriety chips" marking the length of time sober (though I have seen it in other 'anonymous groups' - Cocaine Anonymous, for example).

She might have a home group that does do it, but why would she accept multiple chips to mark the same length of sober time?

Any South of England friends of Bill W able to confirm if sobriety chips are given out?

Standard advice to new arrivals at AA is attend 90 meetings in 90 days, and don't drink in between. Anonymity is discussed, and I'm pretty sure someone with a high profile is advised that using said profile to announce early recovery risks damaging AA reputation, and putting others off trying it, in the event of a relapse.

If Jack does have a sponsor (AA veteran to do the 12 Step programme with), then they will be aghast at her social media antics.

Jack announced to the world her alcoholism with a Guardian article a week into 'sobriety' - everyone is different, but I don't know any AA members who made membership public within the first few months rather than days, except one guy who announced it on his Facebook page when he acted like a drunken fool at a work event and tried to worm out of getting sacked.

Jack may well have gone to AA. She may believe she is addicted to alcohol. She might even be. I can't know. But what I do know is that her exposing the organisation to association with her, particularly so early on, would likely cause immense discomfort to those who do "service" (volunteer to host and run the meetings). This is read out at the start of every meeting:

A.A. PREAMBLE
A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics achieve sobriety.

Nobody would ever be asked to leave an AA meeting unless something really awful like violence resulted. But AA meetings will have people desperately in need of help arriving, and, if Jack does attend, find there is a social media personality with serious boundary issues there.

If Jack is in AA, she acted out of accordance with the spirit of anonymity the organisation has carefully cultivated over decades.

Many famous people have spoken of their membership - but usually after many years sobriety, and often significant service. Jack showed up and wrote a Guardian article about it.

It's all very weird and suspicious.

• Heart
Reactions: 130
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.