Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@That Forensic Man a few more additions for the Spenny List:

£300 print

View attachment 1613688
View attachment 1613689

And 400+ Christmas baubles(!) Fraus at the time triangulated a cross section as being from John Lewis, Gisela Graham and Oliver Bonas, all in the range of £5 - £7.50 each. None of the others look like Home Bargains or Wilko either, so...£1,000 at a conservative estimate?

View attachment 1613696View attachment 1613697
This part looks like a hand that's clawing its way out of the tree to escape

1664465906051.png

Americans can start asking questions about full English/Irish breakfasts after they explain why they eat scones with gravy 😬
Do you mean biscuits and gravy? Not really like scones at all, dear one. Definitely a southern thing, though, a la Georgia Church Suppers.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I have not seen a single article in the last few months with a money saving tip that hasn’t been shared a million times before.
Yep. She never shares any vouchers, bargain deals, loyalty cards, cashback schemes etc. It's all about the fuckin rinsed hoops. Well I can't be hooped with her pish. I am glad I didn't clock that she was on Radio Scotland earlier or I might have had to listen just in case she claims she's even more Scottish than she would love to be.

Reactions: 54
Hey. Only my third post so I hope I make sense, but I have a theory on the house move. I've been waiting for a quiet period and I think it's time.

Jack wants to cosplay being a poor and therefore having to downsize to a 1 bedroom flat. SB has the main bedroom and she sleeps on the sofa, even though she has all the ailments. Then, after a while of sleeping on the sofa, she will say that it's not possible to continue to do this and he HAS to have a bigger place to live. She'll say it's not because she can afford it but because she NEEDS somewhere bigger with at least 2 bedrooms. All this when in reality nobody would begrude her having two bedrooms so that she and SB can have separate spaces. This way she doesn't have to do the hecking big downsize and can carry on with the abundance of 'stuff' she owns, whilst staying in favour with all her loyal followers.

Don't know if it'll be the case but just something I've been thinking recently.

I also wanted to say thank you to all the fraus out there in recovery and sharing parts of their stories here. Im in early recovery, some days are harder than others but knowing there are so many people out there makes me feel a little less alone. You give so much positivity and im grateful for it!

• Heart
Reactions: 104
Yep. She never shares any vouchers, bargain deals, loyalty cards, cashback schemes etc. It's all about the fuckin rinsed hoops. Well I can't be hooped with her pish. I am glad I didn't clock that she was on Radio Scotland earlier or I might have had to listen just in case she claims she's even more Scottish than she would love to be.
there aren’t actually any novel money saving tips at the moment. Jack’s schtick only really works when things are kind of ticking along. The thing about money saving tips is that they’re already inherently looking at the cheapest possible methods of meeting basic needs - there’s no extra gear when things get worse

Reactions: 38

View attachment 1613760

Do you mean biscuits and gravy? Not really like scones at all, dear one. Definitely a southern thing, though, a la Georgia Church Suppers.

Hold on Harold, help’s on the way!!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
@TbilisiPeach thank you for the link to the Georgia Church Suppers thread, it was much fun 😄

I've just seen that Blocked & Reported have done a podcast on the JM grift and so it's time to catch up with the last 24 hours of posts to see if anyone's listened to it 👀👀

There was some suggestion on Twitter that she'd been asked for comment before it's release and that might have contributed to her account deactivation.

Reactions: 31
Incidentally, my mum was a HUGE Delia Smith fan and I remember her cooking from 2 books when I was younger; Frugal Cooking and How to Cheat at Cooking. And the food was tasty, she even made a cake from frozen mash that was amazing. Jack certainly wasn't the first to do budget Cooking, it's been done better before.

Also, there's a great book out called The Ice Kitchen, which is all about batch Cooking and freezing. I know a lot of people don't have access to a freezer, but I totally recommend it for those who do cook for 1-2 people (or more). It has some really great recipes in that are completely affordable and not at all slop like!
Thank you. 99p on kindle just added it. ❤

Reactions: 21

View attachment 1613760

I always imagine Southern biscuits as a kind of flaky-pastry biscuit? And a white sauce "gravy" Almost like an upside-down fray bentos pie!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
As someone who’s had issues with coke, you are spot on in my opinion and I have been convinced of the exact same thing ever since I stumbled across all of this.

I also have no idea how much she must do. I’ve done it daily at times. I’ve been around people who’ve been awake solidly for days on end doing vast quantities and they don’t sound like jack.
Her behaviour also adds up to a mahooooosive habit.

Any idea when her “eating disorder” started? I’ve had one since I was a child. So I’m not saying no one who does coke has one but it does stop you getting hungry. I only know one person who still has an appetite on it (she can eat on any drug).
I've had a few friends that were coke fiends (more polite than saying addicts i suppose) and they did loads, I've thought for a long time that her drug of choice wasn't booze, her behaviour was classic coke user.

The being awake for days, the sniffing and the paranoi is a give away isn't it?

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
To say she loves asda she hasn't once mentioned their new rewards scheme. I do my top up shop in there, spend about £20 a week ish, sometimes do my main shop. In 3 weeks I have over £8 as rewards. She should know this and be promoting stuff like this completely.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

download (11).jpeg

I'm (mostly) joking; the American ones look flakier

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Incidentally, my mum was a HUGE Delia Smith fan and I remember her cooking from 2 books when I was younger; Frugal Cooking and How to Cheat at Cooking. And the food was tasty, she even made a cake from frozen mash that was amazing. Jack certainly wasn't the first to do budget Cooking, it's been done better before.

Also, there's a great book out called The Ice Kitchen, which is all about batch Cooking and freezing. I know a lot of people don't have access to a freezer, but I totally recommend it for those who do cook for 1-2 people (or more). It has some really great recipes in that are completely affordable and not at all slop like!
On the same subject, this book (bought in 2011 but actually published in full in 2010 - some of it was published as part of another book in 2007, long before Jack Monroe grifter started her tit recipes) is brilliant! It's got masses of information about all the different herbs and spices, seasonal produce, using a freezer correctly, and as you can see, 400 recipes! Oh and 16 menu ideas. Would recommend it if you're looking for a lot of recipes in one place.
IMG_0260.jpg

I hope people comment negatively on the video that was posted earlier, relating to the 2015 incident. Such old news being regurgitated and as someone else said, wouldn't surprise me if Jack was behind it. :rolleyes: #shiftygrifter

Reactions: 30
This rang a bell, and lo and behold Allegra and a guy called Paul Merrett had a programme on the BBC thirteen years ago called 'Economy Gastronomy'. One tip of theirs, that I used for a while, was cooking up a basic batch of braised mince and then you could turn it into chilli/bolognaise/whatever with very little effort (and I'm sure the square of dark chocolate was included in their chilli recipe too). JM hasn't had an original thought in her entire bleeping life.
Coming from past, but this was also suggested on DKL by their guest Shivi about how to make the most out of your freezer. She spoke about a basic braised mince recipe (with a soffrito base) which could then be frozen and defrosted to use for different recipes by adding in what you need. I remember the demo they gave was for tacos.

Jack really does not have an original idea does she? She just leaches from others and then claims it’s her own and says no one else can ever claim it either 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 43
there aren’t actually any novel money saving tips at the moment. Jack’s schtick only really works when things are kind of ticking along. The thing about money saving tips is that they’re already inherently looking at the cheapest possible methods of meeting basic needs - there’s no extra gear when things get worse
Well there is, (USSR in the 30s and 40s, China in 1959-61) but no-one wants to go there.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
🙏 praying the fraus are done with costing every single item in jack’s house in this thread… i get it she likes buying expensive things 😭 🙏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Missing my normal Jack twitter content - took a look on Facebook and saw this (seems like a real account)
Screenshot_20220929-170236.png

The same person has also commented in Jack's publisher page asking why they work with her. No response.

Obv it's not gaining traction, but I don't think I'd seen anything negative come up on a quick Facebook search before...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 108
Grunking but just here was premature baby mithering.
By the World Health Org 30 weeks is VERY prem. Under 28 weeks is EXTREMELY prem no category of “severe”

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.