Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
pshhhhhhhhhh turns out I’m a good little Frau all my life I thought that coke and amphetamine are the same thing!?
From a very quick look on Wikipedia, the difference is in exactly *how* they act as stimulants.

Reactions: 20
It struck me today that Jack’s customers aren’t in fact people who need inexpensive meals. She’s not selling to them, really, but rather to a subsection of well-meaning largely middle class online people who are making themselves feel good and outsourcing a sliver of ‘activism’ by chucking her a few quid. The product is her, not the food.
And she’s enabled in this by the way the media works. Yes, Twitter has caught up with her, but for a while its argy bargy, toothless left-leaning politics and short memory made it an ideal home for her.

Likewise she’s running out of rope now but for a while she fitted in perfectly as a guest on TV and radio. They only want a few minutes, nothing with depth, and they usually don’t want real politics and certainly not any actual poor people. So a fashionable looking woman with some reheated cliches was a perfect booking.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I agree, one behaviour in particular that stands out for me is the constant reorganising/moving rooms around! The way she has looked in her last few TV spots too, completely strung out and like she hasn't slept for days. Regarding the j1g, her aggression towards others has always been one of the things that makes me 🧐.
I mean there is a lot of examples, but my favourite is the radiator full of gas.
Although we laugh at the down right thickness of someone who thought a radiator worked by pumping gas through it and heating it (🙄) it is worth remembering the context she posted it.
She and a 'friend' were in the 'friend's' house at 4am. They were apparently redesigning the kitchen.
They were trying to move the radiator and Jack asked twitter how you would move it without the gas escaping.
All of this was live tweeted at a manic pace as Jack and her friend tried to tear up a kitchen at 4am.
Totally normal.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 112
The thing that popped out here was that the author of the piece supported Monroe after reading of her “100 hour weeks..”, amongst other things. This is interesting, for those of us following here we KNOW that she’s a lazy fucker and works hardly ever, let alone 100 weeks… yet she’s skilled in her grifting craft and knows that if she repeats the spurious claim often enough, there will be those who aren’t paying attention who will believe her without question. So that’s why she says it over and over and over again…

bleeping grifter.

• Angry
Reactions: 42
What’s this, what’s this?!

4679056A-9633-4BC2-99FF-68F48BB39D7F.jpeg

B95D0C7E-3F4C-4325-A549-D24E7024A65B.jpeg
Can’t believe he copied her again. At a time like this.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 91
I got into coke hanging out around the UK comedy circuit in my 20s. Everyone was on it. I honestly cringe to think of it now. Thankfully I was shamed by a very good friend of mine who helped me take a long look at myself and I haven't touched the stuff in years.

Thanks Fraus for listening along to BBC Scotland today and sparing the ears of those of us that didn't! You're all treasures.

Wonder what will pop up after the podcast? Exciting times for fans of grifters getting their long deserved comeuppance! 🤓

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
At work we can't call out even the most blatant of addiction in service users.
However, what we CAN say is that they 'present' as being intoxicated.
So we can't say 'service user was drunk' but we can say 'service user appeared to be drunk. They stunk of booze and slurred their words'
So saying 'Jack Monroe presents as a person who appears to be off of their tits on coke' is absolutely fine.
Haha I love the wording we have to do.
Patient appeared to be upset as he pulled his cannula out and tried to throw his own faeces at my face.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Martina Mercer - Is jack Monroe a Liar?

☝she doesn't cover everything, but it's a new article on Jack. I don't know anything about the author but she seems to come from a working class background and she's really pissed off with Jack... that tide is well and truly turning dear fraus!
Good article from someone who has been on the side of being reeled in, although I don't like the idea of her inconsistencies being put down to ADHD as lying is not a trait of ours. As soon as Jack started to describe herself as having ADHD a couple of years back I just rolled my eyes and thought here we go.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I mean there is a lot of examples, but my favourite is the radiator full of gas.
Although we laugh at the down right thickness of someone who thought a radiator worked by pumping gas through it and heating it (🙄) it is worth remembering the context she posted it.
She and a 'friend' were in the 'friend's' house at 4am. They were apparently redesigning the kitchen.
They were trying to move the radiator and Jack asked twitter how you would move it without the gas escaping.
All of this was live tweeted at a manic pace as Jack and her friend tried to tear up a kitchen at 4am.
Totally normal.
Ah yes I think that was the night I learned not to go to bed after she has said she was going to bed. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 39
The VBI thing blew a ton of self aggrandizing smoke up her arse. All those blue ticks doing their performative charity work, holding her up like Simba. Nigella plugging her Patreon to support such important 'work'. All we could do was watch on in awe, sure as hell nothing would ever be produced. That's what made her think she could get away with HH2.
Holding her up like Simba :D
Chapeau @ChickenPorridge

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
The VBI thing blew a ton of self aggrandizing smoke up her arse. All those blue ticks doing their performative charity work, holding her up like Simba. Nigella plugging her Patreon to support such important 'work'. All we could do was watch on in awe, sure as hell nothing would ever be produced. That's what made her think she could get away with HH2.
All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba Thread Title Nomination

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 105
I am absolutely convinced that her amplification by Nigella and the plaudits around the ONS/Asda changes along with The VBI shite made Jack feel she was invincible. Untouchable.
Just wanted to add, just conjecture, but I think Jack has something on Nigella regarding snow. Hence the support.
I was thinking that was why she'd jumped on NL's coattails (maybe confided?). Nigella came clean and was loved again, except she wasn't using other people's dosh and is an actual chef. ❄❄👃

Reactions: 27
Haha I love the wording we have to do.
Patient appeared to be upset as he pulled his cannula out and tried to throw his own faeces at my face.
Sorry for the laughy emoji because this was clearly a distressing event.
It did make me giggle though!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Sorry for the laughy emoji because this was clearly a distressing event.
It did make me giggle though!
Was a daily event on a dementia ward I worked on. I think anybody who works on geriatric wards should be paid double. I just couldn't do it long term It isn't a role for the weak. I was hit, spat at, abused and it genuinely isn't their fault. They would be mortified to know in the future them they would do those things. 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
I am appreciating the two latest exposés on her but I agree with the Frau who said it’s nothing we haven’t already seen here or handed to them on a plate already.

I have mithered before about this but I strongly feel a deep dig into how her Limited Company came to be dissolved is long overdue. I’d especially like to see someone who understands the furlough scheme etc because she has so many contradictions here.
ie
- she repeatedly whines it’s only ever been her against the world (or words to that effect)yet she has ‘teams’ working for her here and there?
- Her assistant with The Hands..freelancer or not? Was she furloughed?
- her ‘teams’ of people mentioned here and there over the years ‘working on’ things
- her buying laptops during Covid lockdown for her ‘teams of people’ when nobody else could get hold of any tech whatsoever
- the purchase of said laptops from her own purse
- then there’s all the Teemil, Patreon, legal crowdfunding, PayPal ...rattle rattle
Etc
I’m not the greatest at memory recall, many more of you will know a lot more about this than I can remember.
I really think a delve into her ‘professional’ finances would be the final straw.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
From the article linked above:

"Maybe you know of her cheap meals where she proudly shouts about feeding her family with Smart Price pasta (as if this is a triumph, when in reality most of us do it)"

The writers absolutely right. Just about every tip or suggestion Jack pulls out of her backside is something that a good majority of us do every damn week.

Reactions: 60

"Maybe you know of her cheap meals where she proudly shouts about feeding her family with Smart Price pasta (as if this is a triumph, when in reality most of us do it)"

The writers absolutely right. Just about every tip or suggestion Jack pulls out of her backside is something that a good majority of us do every damn week.
I learn more from a budgeting group on Facebook and that is a bunch of mothers and fathers who can smell a good deal. There is no tip jar or patreon. Some of them enjoy finding deals as a way of helping... For free.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The magazine article there is really badly written, unfortunately. It seems to go out of its way to emphasise that it’s mean spirited rather than forensic; someone who isn’t already done with JM’s nonsense will nope out as soon as they pick up that it’s a gleeful hatchet job

Reactions: 46
pshhhhhhhhhh turns out I’m a good little Frau all my life I thought that coke and amphetamine are the same thing!?
Oh babe. Amphetamines are much cheaper and therefore ideal for the POORS #moneysavingtips

• Haha
Reactions: 56

Yes, one of the tipping points for me (as a recent frau) was when she seemed outraged by the suggestion that her £20 shop was a common or garden "top-up shop".

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.