Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The worst of it is that this person who clearly hasn't a clue about budgeting has been paid by newspapers to give advice about budgeting. Very sad state of journalism.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I can see why she would transcribe an interview. If you're writing a piece it's far easier to pull quotes from a text document where you can search easily for a word to get the exact quote than it is to go forwards and backwards through a piece of audio trying to remember when the interviewee said something.
See that would make sense, but Jack transcribes by (arthritic) hand in her moleskins so WFK

"There's nothing like the visceral experience of hearing and recording every single word, every emphasis, every heckle, and the tone of delivery and body language, for yourself in this kind of thing"

ETA can't find a screenshot of that tweet, if you google it gets picked up but since she deleted her account can't actually read it. The only reason I know it is because I quoted it earlier this year lmao

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I was in multitasking hell on my last post in the previous thread, apologies, I was walking and typing in the dark with an animal.
So I never posted the link which was kind of the point of my nonsensical post https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-40-hours/
Apologies if it's been seen before.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Thankyou forensic fraus I've updated the list. I will spoiler the list itself now as it's getting quite long.
We're well into house deposit territory with the discretionary spending we can think of off the top of our heads 🧐
More more more
Studded Burberry leather jacket and Burberry Trench coat. Bought (Confirmed, like the laryngitis)
The Burberry Brit jacket was selling for about $5k-$6k new when she bought it and the Prorsum was double that. Here’s a used Brit sold recently on a legit resale site for best part of $2,000. She paid at least £4000+ for it, didn’t wear it for 5 years but did a massive beg in 2017 because she was still skint. Also bought a mulberry satchel.
2463F59B-24C4-44FD-A79F-B0B7732BA642.jpeg

Burberry trenches average cost
7480EFCA-6CD6-4442-AE23-366C0020B24D.jpeg

Diana jumper (she said was a gift)
9D3FE33B-8D26-43C7-835C-8B26E1852855.jpeg
83D19430-50F8-4924-9CCE-E836A1EC92D2.jpeg

Hatto (and poor catto). Another massive piece of furniture here that I haven’t yet managed to 🔺 but it’s going to be at least £500-£1,000 going be the other stuff. Note that I’ve squigged this post to cover her internal door locking mechanisms. She of the death threats and stalkers had no such concern.
DAE5DE52-390A-4525-8BE9-589AA695490C.jpeg
FEE1F71E-E410-4A65-A2ED-B300D3BA9620.jpeg

Shes such a materialistic (grifting) twit.
ETA “butter soft leather leggings” 🤢 too. Not even trying to look that up. Scared I’ll end up on a watch list.
8CAB864C-1B76-4840-981F-F2247FF66A21.jpeg

Love that Orphy B went there with the (completely fictional) Pretty Woman story Jack spouted too. Five years later.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Farrow and Ball paint colour, it's a very dark grey.

Re the Emin, I seem to remember it was 🔺 in an earlier thread and found to be a limited edition print produced for the 2012 Olympics, but I could be wrong.

And as a freelance transcriber (double 🔺🔺) her transcribing with background noise may finally be my aneurysm!! But to be fair, I can see why she would transcribe an interview. If you're writing a piece it's far easier to pull quotes from a text document where you can search easily for a word to get the exact quote than it is to go forwards and backwards through a piece of audio trying to remember when the interviewee said something.
Same, fellow transcriber, same. Madness that she won't outsource it to Rev etc for peanuts though.

Reactions: 20
Holy hoops people!
Email from Blocked and Reported podcast just dropped into my inbox and it's only about our Jack!!!
(edit: it's only for paid subscribers unfortunately 😭)

Title: The Literally Unbelievable Tale of Jack Monroe, The UK's Richest and Most Frequently Endorsed Poor Person.

fuckfuck why do I have a meeting in 8 minutes?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 135
Wow this should be good
Holy hoops people!
Email from Blocked and Reported podcast just dropped into my inbox and it's only about our Jack!!!

Title: The Literally Unbelievable Tale of Jack Monroe, The UK's Richest and Most Frequently Endorsed Poor Person.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Excuse me, but WTF is with all the magnetic spice holders on the side of Le Fridge? Fine dining establishments with three Michelin stars don't have that many spices in their kitchens. That excessive display just screams "tell me you don't know anything about cooking or recipes without telling me that you don't know anything about cooking or recipes".
That picture is horrific. The spice pots have merged as one, and attached themselves to a smeg.
I imagine their form undulating and sloshing around the crappy bungalow as a mass, seeking out the next high cost household item on which to attach its / themself
each individual pot ssshlluuurrrppps all the lifeforce out of every white, silver or downpipe grey inanimate objet they 'hug' and Sentient Spicepot reanimates endlessly, marauding and whining for jack to evermore provide more of the middle class aspirational catalogue delights to be sucked up like so much brown gelatinous slop.
Now I think of it, when jack posted those thirsty sideboard pics, we were all taken aback by her clothing choices.
I realise she was wearing futuristic dystopia Sci fi clothes, hence us not understanding them.
She was trying to give us a real insight into how ravaged she is from trying to keep that beast fed every single day, and trying to save at least one soulless cotswold sideboard from the spicepot suckage.
She is A Good Person.
She doesn't want this griftlife, it's not her doing, Spicepot demands it of her.
She's trapped and tired. So tired. She grifts because she has no choice.
She didn't choose griftlife.
Griftlife chose her.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Holy hoops people!

Oh my God. I'm just listening to it just now. They're just getting stuck into the horrible food.

OH GOD OH GOD: Tracksuit Jeremy Kyle quote!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 103
On this list of possessions, there is talk of expensive trainers bought for a running club phase. As a running Frau, I'd be highly interested to read details if anyone can point me towards the correct thread. Ta x
Itvwas when she was off to do the 20 asda shop I think? Wearing these #376 I think @Menopausal Stormtrooper

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Holy hoops people!

Anyone got access to this who can drop it into an online AI audio transcription? (i.e. not rely on a Moleskine notebook and a crumbly hand)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Don't they all go off after a while too? Pointless having so many if you don't use them regularly.

In the list of purchases does it include those horrendous steam punk clock leggings? Worn once.
The leggings are a tenner.
Amazon product

Thought I recognised them as an old Black Milk print but these are the closest I can find. If they are a dupe it's such an old print I know she doesn't have the attention span to track the original expensive ones down 🔺

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Holy hoops people!

omg!
First ten minutes are free to listen to here. Katie Herzog is part of it, she’s an American journalist, didn’t someone here predict that she was onto Jack?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Anyone got access to this who can drop it into an online AI audio transcription? (i.e. not rely on a Moleskine notebook and a crumbly hand)
I have access, if a frau can tell me how to transcribe it (explain it as if to a child please) I'll give it a go.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Final update for this evening, I'll just do one big one tomorrow, keep em coming ninnies x
Guys, we know she has TONNES of high end tit. Back when it was all fields around here, we used to comment on how her poverty LARPing was constantly interspersed with, like, thot shots on a new Cotswold Co sideboard or Dyson hairdryers or 5 phones, 3 laptops and a super impressive looking desktop Mac type set up. That's why we're here! Because she's funding this lifestyle on people who don't even know what Downpipe is.
£60 Lego flower bouquet
£60 Rock tumbler (I don't think we ever saw the rock tumbler so I just went with the first one I saw on Google)

How much is a long weekend in Venice in a 3 star hotel?
A squig who lives in a council house in Norwich and has a handle reflecting that posted she did a bit of (hinted cash in hand) work at a breeder in Norfolk that had pups available and looked similar the week content appeared hinted https://destiny-doodles.co.uk/ charged £2200
Guys, we know she has TONNES of high end tit. Back when it was all fields around here, we used to comment on how her poverty LARPing was constantly interspersed with, like, thot shots on a new Cotswold Co sideboard or Dyson hairdryers or 5 phones, 3 laptops and a super impressive looking desktop Mac type set up. That's why we're here! Because she's funding this lifestyle on people who don't even know what Downpipe is.
Don't they all go off after a while too? Pointless having so many if you don't use them regularly.

In the list of purchases does it include those horrendous steam punk clock leggings? Worn once.
More more more
Studded Burberry leather jacket and Burberry Trench coat. Bought (Confirmed, like the laryngitis)
The Burberry Brit jacket was selling for about $5k-$6k new when she bought it and the Prorsum was double that. Here’s a used Brit sold recently on a legit resale site for best part of $2,000. She paid at least £4000+ for it, didn’t wear it for 5 years but did a massive beg in 2017 because she was still skint. Also bought a mulberry satchel.
View attachment 1612602
Burberry trenches average cost
View attachment 1612605

Diana jumper (she said was a gift)
View attachment 1612607View attachment 1612616

Hatto (and poor catto). Another massive piece of furniture here that I haven’t yet managed to 🔺 but it’s going to be at least £500-£1,000 going be the other stuff. Note that I’ve squigged this post to cover her internal door locking mechanisms. She of the death threats and stalkers had no such concern.
View attachment 1612609View attachment 1612610
Shes such a materialistic (grifting) twit.
The leggings are a tenner.
Amazon product

Thought I recognised them as an old Black Milk print but these are the closest I can find. If they are a dupe it's such an old print I know she doesn't have the attention span to track the original expensive ones down 🔺

£428 fancy knobs (and counting)
£250 at least on magnetic Allegra spice jars
£315 at least (assuming there are only 7 but I think it’s more) on snake charmer kitchen baskets
£95 Abigail Aherne grey hare table lamp
£72 antique bird of paradise porcelain door knobs and finger plates (bedroom door)
(+£432 if she's done the other say 6 internal doors as well)
£25 wooden calculator (unused)
£35 two-headed Skellington dog plastic Halloween decoration
£100 pigskin hat
£339 All Saints belfern suede biker jacket
£155 Morris & Co. Strawberry Thief curtains (median price £65-245)
£1,550 Tiffany pearl hoop earrings sterling silver (two pairs)
£150 DM boots (other ones, not the willow ones mentioned upthread)
£104 rusty eBay spoons
£110 couple of Oliver Bonas jumpers
£80 Emma Bridgewater toaster with TOASTER on it
£780 At least two Burberry scarves: one for her and one for LJC
£110 Crosley cruiser suitcase turntable (bedroom)
£800 77 Lipsticks
£200 14 Foundations
£250 40 Eyeliners
£500 misc makeup
£320 2x Roberts Revival Mini radio
£158 orange nike trainers
£1,200 kendal dining chairs
£425 Graham and Green birdcage lampshade
£65 test tube vases
£35 boiler suit (which was dyed pink)
£10 squid game guard mask from the market
£44 per roll wallpaper used as ADHD friendly “to-do” list
£300 kitchen aid
£20 black pleather Primark boots with chain
£499 Dyson fan
£65 SimpleHuman hand soap dispenser (kitchen)
£60 squatty potty
£535 custom captain's chair
£110 Two pairs of granny curtain boiler suits
£400 Cotswold Company small sideboard (living room, blue)
£229 Cotswold Company tallboy (bedroom, ivory)
£799 Cotswold Company chester dove grey writing bureau (similar)
£849 Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak dining table
£399 Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak storage bench
£2,396 2x Cotswold Company chester dresser
£1,529 Cotswold Company chester grand dresser
£299 Cotswold Company bookcase (porch)
£800 2x Cotswold Company small sideboards
£499 Cotswold Company chester wine console
£599 Cotswold Company chester large sideboard
£699 Cotswold Company chester large sideboard (wine rack version)
£800 2x Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak shoe storage bench
£730 Cotswold Company chester dove grey extra large dresser top
£300 suit she wore for the Diva photoshoot
£300 dyson hairdryer
£850 water rower
£400 John Lewis hammock
£400 John Lewis egg chair
£400 20x John Lewis clear plastic storage bins
£290 Baywood 33 drawer tea chest
£30 John Lewis Perspex cube pasta storage with pink lids
£20 full set of oversized unicorns/animal mugs from Asda
£300 sentient mirror
£360 2x nike trainers (exc. orange ones)
£120 24" TV for SB's PlayStation
£2,500 Smeg (double American style)
£300 2x Viv westwood dress (assume sale)
£75 Sweaty Betty leggings
£170 Lumie alarm clock
£200 R&P bras (x 2 minimum)
£199 Airpods
£249 Airpods pro
£199 Apple Watch (assume series 3)
£250 Sleeper to Edinburgh last min on a Friday
£309 3 nights at Eden Locke, Edinburgh
£170 Last minute train home on a Monday morning
£700 Vets bills
£20 Sad Asda shop
£80 2x summit camping stove (shed)
£400 ooni pizza oven (freebie)
£60 3x “tiles” for locating lost keys/phones by internet magic
£12 2x dylon machine dye
£180 12x moleskin notebooks
£1,000 unread books (estimate)
£100 CUDDLY TOY (Hamleys)
£640 6x DAB radios
£60 Lego flower bouquet
£60 Rock tumbler
£2,200 content
£600 Emin
£15 6x ring binders (for coroner's reports)
£1,790 Burberry classic trench coat
£5,000 Burberry brit jacket ($5-6k)
£350 Warm & wonderful diana sheep jumper
£60 Boy london snap back black/gold hat ($60)
£1,000 Unidentified Cotswold(?) cupboard/wardrobe
£10 horrendous steam punk clock leggings (worn once)
Total: £34,476 £45,606
I'm starting to feel a bit queasy 🤑
Shoes (not) left behind by stylist/left on after photo shoot? - I forget the brand these are
The new pair of boots she bought after wearing the taped together pair for a while on TV (despite having other pairs ...?)
304 Christmas tree decorations (many were 🔺 by clever fraus)
Botox
Fillers
Expensive haircuts
Artificial snow
many wigs
plastic flower headdress phase
“£5” denim cargo trousers from Primark
Multiple phones
SPITE SOFA
Le Creuset
furniture and set dressing for the shed outside that she was going to turn into a studio
lawnmower
bikes
tents
planting trough things
Ten (at least) outdoor chairs for her Mormon tabernacle Amish prayer circle fellowship things
The hen with the rubber eggs for nesting hens?
dusty plastics string of pearls plant
wallpaper backgrounds
Mary Poppins umbrella
desktop Mac type set up
laptops
I thought it would be useful to visualise the data

unnamed_large.png

omg!
First ten minutes are free to listen to here. Katie Herzog is part of it, she’s an American journalist, didn’t someone here predict that she was onto Jack?

The accent while she was saying "bread and jam please mummy" 🦉🍾

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
I have access, if a frau can tell me how to transcribe it (explain it as if to a child please) I'll give it a go.
Ah dear jenny, that’s just made me HOOT thinking of Michael Gary Scott Regional Manager trying to learn what a surplus is

6E9BCCAD-611C-4D6F-AC06-67C3BDF8AB98.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 43
omg!

"To be fair, if you're trying to cook on like a super low budget you probably can't make fancy stuff, right?"
"And, plus, also to be fair, she's British"

💀💀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
Just listen and write down the key things they say, then type them here!
Do they mention Awfully Molly? Fingers Kerridge? Estimated Patreon income?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Still listening to BARPOD. Nothing that would be new to us so far but it's a full potted history. She's fucked.

It's everything from Hunger Hurts 1, through to the Hopkins trial, Kickstarter, the health issues, Teemill, Patreon, all the collabs, Hunger Hurts 2.

Just mentioned Molly!

Jesse: "This is like a mega grift."

They asked to speak to Jack! She did not respond!

Now running through the 100 hour work week, contradictory tweets. Celebrity squad! FOI request to police. Katie Herzog has contacted Essex Police and awaiting a response. Now talking about Joshua Bonehill and clarifying he wasn't jailed for harassing her.

TATTLE HAS BEEN MENTIONED! THEY MENTION OUR BEAUTIFUL RECEIPTS!

THREAD 31!

Vimes Boots Index- ONS "Jack had nothing to do with this"

Tweeting terrible advice re fuel bills.

Threats to sue, transphobia right wingers. All debunked.

Katie Roche blogpost now being mentioned.

Homeless claims "living rough"/ never been homeless.

DIVA magazine debacle.

Claims of poverty but probably in top 10% of booksellers. "she's either lying or really bleeping bad with money"

Lesbian who currently dates men.

Claims to be able feed family on £20 "irresponsible and galling".

They've been talking to a frau.

Here's the links included in the email

UPDATE: During this episode’s production, Monroe deleted her Twitter and few of her Tweets have been archived. Our apologies.

A Recipe For Jack Monroe

You will need:

• 25 oz. of alcoholism
  • COVID-19 (severe)
  • A whole autism (self-diagnosed)
  • Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (if available)
  • 3 (or more) concussions
  • 1 grandparent who immigrated (from Wales)
  • Note: Add 5 tabs of testosterone for a Jacked Monroe instead.
This story, if cooked up convincingly, should get you hired by the BBC, Netflix, Hellmann’s, and Del Monte, shortly before making you an influential economist.

Just try not to look too closely at what’s inside.

72.png
Monroe’s viral blogpost describing her poverty

https://web.archive.org/web/20130201235747/http:/agirlcalledjack.com/2012/07/30/hunger-hurts/

The Daily Mirror’s article describing Monroe eating on just £10 a week

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/young-mum-turns-off-heating-so-she-can-1502710

72.png
Monroe announces she has received her dream job at a local newspaper

https://web.archive.org/web/20130301120239/http://agirlcalledjack.com/2013/02/25/ive-got-a-brand-new-job-and-im-so-excited-i-could-squeak/

Monroe, non-binary, now goes by “them” (but will grant you an s-word pass)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-transformation-of-jack-monroe-tglnc393nw5

Jack Monroe v Katie Hopkins [2017]

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/monroe-v-hopkins-2017-ewhc-433-qb-20170329-rev-1.pdf

Ten years after her viral blogpost, Monroe is still poor. I think?

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2022/07/31/the-curse-of-the-poverty-hangover-ten-years-on/

Awfully Molly’s blogpost outlining the case against Jack Monroe

https://medium.com/@AwfullyMolly/jack-monroe-saint-or-scammer-80ec92f37bb6

72.png
Monroe leans into her identity as a working-class “third-generation immigrant”

https://web.archive.org/web/20220528175937/

Jack Monroe: An Investigation

https://katieroche.net/jack_monroe_investigation_main.html

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND - AUGUST 25: British food writer, journalist and activist Jack Monroe attends the Edinburgh International Book Festival at Edinburgh College of Art on August 25, 2022 in Edinburgh, Scotland. (Photo by Simone Padovani/Getty Images)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 155
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.