Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dog loving fraus, can I ask a question about content please?

I don't have pets as I'm very allergic (I would love a cat) so am unsure about this.

That dog is lovely, but it worries me that it's coat looks so matted, my friends that have dogs and cats seen to groom them regularly, I thought that was what you did, but to my untrained eye it looks like she doesn't bother.

Am I right to worry?
Yes matted hair can become very painful for dogs as the matted sections can pull the akin. If it gets really bad it will have to be shaved off. Their nails can also get caught in the matted bits when they scratch which again would be very painful and upsetting. A quick daily brush to remove loose hairs is needed with a more thorough groom every 2 weeks is needed I reckon?*

*Based on my own experience of owning spaniels. Under their ears matts quickly if you're not careful and checking regularly

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
So this is the first mention Nigella made of Jack (that I could find) in Nigella's blog in March 2014

And I am 🦉🍾 at this sentence:
"Her recipes are founded on the ideal of eating well on a budget, but there is nothing drab about her food: it's as vibrant as her voice; and A Girl Called Jack is full of food with bold flavour, recipes that beg to become part of your daily repertoire."

Indeed, Nigella, her food is as vibrant as her voice. What a compliment.
It does sound as if they might have had a 'thing'?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Dog loving fraus, can I ask a question about content please?

I don't have pets as I'm very allergic (I would love a cat) so am unsure about this.

That dog is lovely, but it worries me that it's coat looks so matted, my friends that have dogs and cats seen to groom them regularly, I thought that was what you did, but to my untrained eye it looks like she doesn't bother.

Am I right to worry?
I’ve seen worse but our dog has a similar coat and the only time he’s looked like that is when My partner went to work once forgetting his groomers appointment and she had no space til the next one. If he was younger and less bitey we’d have booked a random for a one off but at 14 and with his Alzheimery ways we decided in the long run just to wait it out rather than risk him savaging some poor stranger who doesn’t know him or his pain points.

So it’s not massive massive neglect from what we can see but she’s definitely not having it groomed as much as she should, and the dog would definitely benefit from it ifit had regular 6/8 week appointments.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The VBI thing blew a ton of self aggrandizing smoke up her arse. All those blue ticks doing their performative charity work, holding her up like Simba. Nigella plugging her Patreon to support such important 'work'. All we could do was watch on in awe, sure as hell nothing would ever be produced. That's what made her think she could get away with HH2.

I can't see it in the wiki so apologies if it's there but could we add a list of the blue tickers who have ever supported/platformed/praised her? They deserve being called out for their excellent due diligence.

There are the obvious ones like Nigella, Joanne Harris, Janey Godley, Ralf Little but I'm sure there are many, many more people who should be embarrassed.

Reactions: 25
Definitely not.

Christ I used to inject base.

snorted speed might decongest but there's rebound congestion when you use it repeatedly
Ah I didn’t know that, my partner is the experienced one with speed. I’m obviously only remembering half a story from him. Thanks for correcting. (Should’ve stuck to what I said earlier about me not mentioning it because I don’t know much).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh babe. Amphetamines are much cheaper and therefore ideal for the POORS #moneysavingtips
Not always cheaper...

Had to move house with very little notice about 15 years ago (thanks to a letting agent screw-up). Very busy at work all week, so had the bright idea of taking speed and pulling an all-nighter to get ready for the move.

By the time daybreak came, I had meticulously tidied the contents of my chest of drawers, washed and dried all my crockery/cutlery/glassware, neatly re-arranged my stationery supplies, sorted about a thousand CDs into alphabetically-ordered piles, highlighted various uninteresting numbers on six year's worth of gas and electricity bills, and filled a single box with a small but perfectly-tessellated selection of books.

I ended up having to pay the removals people an extra £600 to help me pack - which, to be fair, they made a much better job of than I ever could have.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
pshhhhhhhhhh turns out I’m a good little Frau all my life I thought that coke and amphetamine are the same thing!?
They’re similar. Speed is like MD20/20 strong, gross, gets you wasted fast, massive comedown and bad head. Coke is like Champagne- bubbly, gets in your system fast, gets you pissed and if you stop after a glass or two, no harm done. Inevitably you drink too much, hit the cocktails and wake up feeling awful.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Another reminder to please catch up before posting links 🙏

If I have to see one more Sunday Woman link I'm going to yeet myself into the sea. Thanks all!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 112
Haha I love the wording we have to do.
Patient appeared to be upset as he pulled his cannula out and tried to throw his own faeces at my face.
😂This reminds me of working in a restaurant with a right bastard of a chef. A customer would ask something like ‘Can I have that gluten free?’ & we’d ask through the hatch. Chef would shout something like ‘tell the bleep to duck off and DIE’ and you’d have to turn around with a smile, both you and the customer having heard the entire thing and say, ‘I think that might be tricky but can I interest you in…’

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I got into coke hanging out around the UK comedy circuit in my 20s. Everyone was on it. I honestly cringe to think of it now. Thankfully I was shamed by a very good friend of mine who helped me take a long look at myself and I haven't touched the stuff in years.

Thanks Fraus for listening along to BBC Scotland today and sparing the ears of those of us that didn't! You're all treasures.

Wonder what will pop up after the podcast? Exciting times for fans of grifters getting their long deserved comeuppance! 🤓
Babe, same. Comedians bleeping loved that stuff. Course thesedays, they’re all vegans and sober.

PR Vix has moved into comedy, hasn’t she?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Off topic but as a fairly new Frau (here since AM) can someone point me towards the thread where Jack grated her spam? (Not a euphemism)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Off topic but as a fairly new Frau (here since AM) can someone point me towards the thread where Jack grated her spam? (Not a euphemism)
She grated her spam way back in the Daily Kitchen Live days - so probs thread 3 or 4. There’s links for the episodes of DKL in the wiki.
6BFCF706-3219-4346-8975-0E805284970E.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
One thing that I don't understand which is a huge giveaway as to income is the whole filler/Botox thing. I'm a man who has no understanding of these things but I know they aren't cheap and need doing regularly so how can Jack afford those yet not shower gel?

Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.