Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jenny2603

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-09-25 15.39.56.png

Jack the Ripoff! Can someone please say this again in about thirty pages because it is an absolute banger.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 197

Tin Can Crook

Chatty Member
Flying monkeys in full force.

Screenshot_20220925_222521.jpg
Screenshot_20220925_222552.jpg
Screenshot_20220925_222622.jpg
Screenshot_20220925_222644.jpg
Screenshot_20220925_222738.jpg
Screenshot_20220925_222816.jpg
Screenshot_20220925_222846.jpg

This one is my favourite.
Screenshot_20220925_222715.jpg

"What are you in for?"
"I said some roast potatoes were shite on twitter"

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 197

Lazarus

VIP Member
F2B9176C-8E7D-4F2C-9A78-91AB11F5DDDB.jpeg

I think (please correct me if I’m wrong) this squig previously proved he was paying £44 a month…

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 182

overdueanadventure

Chatty Member
Also, in the spirit of scientific inquiry, I felt the need to experiment with "ripening" fruit in the microwave this morning. Despite the grape fires available on YouTube, I felt Sunday required some excitement.

27 August
Tweet 1: You can ripen fruit in the microwave on the defrost setting (I know that’s not the point of your tweet, but I thought it might be useful to know)
Tweet 2: Best if you wrap it in a brown paper bag first then microwave it on high for a minute, then defrost for a couple. Works for pears, plums, bananas and avocadoes in my experience! (Not tried anything else yet)
Tweet 3: Pears, plums, peaches, avocados, bananas, basically most if not all stone fruits plus our little yellow bendy friends. Microwave on high for a minute to kickstart, then on defrost setting for a few mins. Works a treat!

I followed Jack's advice with a plum.

I did not have a paper bag handy, so wrapped my victim in baking paper.
It was a firm little bastard, so I felt a good subject for ripening.

I attempted microwaving it on high for a minute. After a few seconds there was a little pop so I stopped it and checked - the skin had split. I nearly called it off there, as I was wondering what in hell I am doing with my life, but no, I continued.

After a minute elapsed, out it came, looking like this:
1664108142721.png

Hmm, thought I, I don't think I will carry on with her instructions and defrost it for a couple of minutes more, I think it has suffered enough.

In a taste test with an unmicrowaved plum and a microwaved plum, the unmicrowaved plum tasted like raw plum and the microwaved plum tasted like cooked plum.

Perhaps, I considered, if I didn't bother with the "kickstart" it would work better, so another plum went into the microwave to try the defrosting technique.

It came out like this, with the stone peeping out shyly:
1664108458873.png

So, um, there you go. Microwaving fruit (or at least plums) results in what I would describe as cooked/semi-exploded fruit.

(One of the squigs in the thread suggested pricking the skin, but because I didn't see JM recommend it, I left it out.)

Thank you for your time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 180

Ellabella

VIP Member
I know I do this every time, but I cannot stand her bragging about those hideous roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings yet again. These are mine and what they should look like.
Screenshot_20220925-202430.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 147

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Jack if you're so good at Yorkshire puddings, can you please explain why your toad in the hole looks like this? Thankyou.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 11.01.23-1.png

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 137

FitiverMin

Chatty Member
Fraus, I have a hard time posting here because I'm always behind. I gave her money through PayPal which I will never see again. I'm a soft person who believes in others hardships online, until this. I feel utterly conned and listening to JM's testimonials only cements that. I want my money back which never happened, let's face it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 135