Jack Monroe #404 Stick to washing spaghetti love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a Korean friend who eats out daily in Seoul and most of his diet looks like this: only covered in yellow, American-style 'cheese'.
I would consider myself to be a frau with a good palate and enjoy a wide variety of foods but I bleeping love plastic American cheese (Velveeta) and won't hear a bad word said about it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
She has claimed on a few occasions that she buys most of her clothes from charity shops. But, with her weird quirk of using Americanisms, calls them "thrift stores" which is where the confusion may come from.
Indeed, she was insistent she found a Le Creuset casserole dish in a charity shop once for next to nothing. Charity shops are the other puddle

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Tbh as a thread we’re seeing more and more of this sadly, what do we recommend to victims? It’s really sad to see people down on themselves for being scammed and there being no way to help. It is really tit and I’m really sorry OP.
I think every victim should be reporting to Action Fraud, to both build up a picture and grow their evidence base. I've dealt with them professionally in the past and it really does make a difference if they receive lots of complaints about a single entity:

Also contact Essex Trading Standards:

PayPal fraud reporting:

Patreon "report a creator: link:

If there's enough volume of correspondence to the above, that should help hamstring Jack Monroe's grifting.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
This is the biggest pile of bs, and everyone knows it. The Farhi jacket I fell in love with but didn't buy was £650. Even an ordinary Bon Marche jacket will be marked at a fiver in a charity shop. (In the interests of fairness, I did once get a Farhi jumper for £15 in tkmaxx though. Then a stray tomcat got into the utility room ("orangery") and wee'd on it. Heartbreak.
There’s a really grotty old style charity shop near me that has a £1 rail. But that’s full of stuff they can’t sell. A lot of it is Shein crap and bobbly old primark.

Even if none of the staff Googled the name and worked out it was designer, so should be priced accordingly, it would have been snapped up by the people who comb charity shops for bargains long before it ended up on the sale rail.

Reactions: 43
A few months ago, we would all have been aghast at this sort of exchange. Speaks volumes that it’s happening all over the place now. Jack is definitely on the slippery slide to obscurity. Too many people know about all the inconsistencies now
This is my hope, that more and more people are given a chance and almost permission to have their first doubts and start to apply critical thinking.

Reactions: 39
F2B9176C-8E7D-4F2C-9A78-91AB11F5DDDB.jpeg

I think (please correct me if I’m wrong) this squig previously proved he was paying £44 a month…

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 182
I think every victim should be reporting to Action Fraud, to both build up a picture and grow their evidence base. I've dealt with them professionally in the past and it really does make a difference if they receive lots of complaints about a single entity:

Also contact Essex Trading Standards:

PayPal fraud reporting:

Patreon "report a creator: link:

If there's enough volume of correspondence to the above, that should help hamstring Jack Monroe's grifting.
Thank you this is v good - can someone add this to the wiki pls? 🙏🏻 Link to post here -

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She's an idiot, she never has scotland as a time. God I dislike her. She's a nobody. Scotland has a hard time committing to singing. I dislike her she hasn't any time-consuming thread.

Reactions: 7
Go on squig! Hit her where it hurts - the pocket. I wonder what patreon will do next if they're effectively agreeing that her account is dormant?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
She's an idiot, she never has scotland as a time. God I dislike her. She's a nobody. Scotland has a hard time committing to singing. I dislike her she hasn't any time-consuming thread.
I've read this post 5 times and I still don't understand it? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 107
View attachment 1604302
I think (please correct me if I’m wrong) this squig previously proved he was paying £44 a month…
Quoting myself to add to this:
This is pretty shoddy; one months refund only. People have given her thousands through this platform. I hope they see this and feel empowered to cancel.
288FAF37-0478-41EB-B1B4-FC8EC9951103.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 102
It's thoughtful of Sophie to tweet it on a Sunday, so that Jack can put her lawyer on the case immediately.
Rosh Hashana until Tuesday though! Martin Lewis told us on Friday night before he signed off for the weekend.

Reactions: 24
SC is insufferable but I think her drawing attention to this is a good thing. Those who concern themselves with proving her wrong and arguing with her are going to be searching for evidence that Jack is in the right and they are going to struggle to find any. The absence of those types in her replies to this speaks volumes.

On another note related to SC - she experiences threats of harm and misogynistic abuse every single time she tweets and real life in public. You may say this is reaping what you sow, but I think it will irritate her even more than most to see Jack cosplaying the victim of that type of thing.

Reactions: 32
View attachment 1604302
😮

bleeping hell this is probably the most significant and potentially impactful part of this whole journey uno. Patreon aren’t going to want this to set a precedent when they’re fresh out of a load of layoffs & some sort of attempted mass login attack, nor when they’re operating on margins of 5-12% of creator revenues. Makes u think ey.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Why Vali confused?
Think AI software was used.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
She doesn’t go to charity shops, she goes to thrift stores.
🇺🇸 🙄
ETA: what 12 year old boy is enraptured with a broken camera? She makes him sound like a melt.
- Well Jack loves her Americanisms, doesn't she?
-As a kid I loved dismantling old tech. Nowadays, kids seem to have 'better' things to be doing.
c) WTF>! I thought her non-driving was because of Autisms and roundabouts? Not because she's an accredited eco-warrior?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.