Jack Monroe #404 Stick to washing spaghetti love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some absolute genius nominated the words of a squig for thread title but I can't find them to give them their prize of a day trip to Hastings. Ah well.

In the last thread Jack dabbled in a little bit of politics slagging off the government with the edgy use of a swear, and did Catherine Cookson dirty by cosplaying working class in a 🔺 suede biker jacket which cost nearly as much as the true cost of a hand-knitted shawl in the year of our slop 2022.

Pink Wiki x 2 is your essential reading at the top of the page for newcomers, no swears in your thread title nominations and try to hold off until p35 or later.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
We learned that chicken porridge is ideal to make when you're depressed, requiring an hour and a half plus two pans to make, putting cold oil onto cold chicken to start browning it then boiling it for an hour, and no salt. Yummy yummy please can I have some more?? :sick:
Oh and Jack has been softly, gently campaigning for UBI for a decade.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
She thinks she's another Heston Blumenthal (who also enjoys the snow)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Couple of things from that video in the last thread where a doctor cooks something creole while Jack watches:
yYoure right. She doesn’t have an original thought in her head. Every phrase he uses, she repeats back to him a sentence or two later; amazing, banging, holy trinity. If this mirroring is unconscious, there’s no way she’s autistic. If not, it’s a cunning trick to get people to like her.
second, why does she tell the doctor ‘the more the merrier’ when talking about people in the frugal cooking world, but spits venom at THAT MAN for doing it?

She thinks she's bleeping Heston Blumenthal (who also enjoys the snow)
He’d have to given the godawful shite he comes up with. Poor brain must be frozen solid.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
That's chicken porridge made with porridge oats, an exotic Jack twist on a Chinese classic. Meanwhile Jack continues to insist The Poors could feed themselves on £20 a week if they'd just budget better; remaining oblivious to the plight of those caught up in the current financial crisis and to the impact of bollock and eyelid sausages on the environment

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Fraus, we are on holiday for a week and I regret to inform you that Mr Beacon has purchased Tin Can't Cook for his Kindle and plans to regale me with His Thoughts on her terrible cooking. We are both quite keen cooks and even more keen eaters, and it's an interesting exercise to talk through what's wrong with bad recipes and how they could be improved

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Jack popped up like the Candyman in a fight about how little the poor need to feed themselves.

I admit, I have been struggling to see the difference between the Right's position of let the poor eat oatmeal and her own USP of being able to feed 3 people on a £20 budget, but we are assured there is one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Some absolute genius nominated the words of a squig for thread title but I can't find them to give them their prize of a day trip to Hastings. Ah well.

In the last thread Jack dabbled in a little bit of politics slagging off the government with the edgy use of a swear, and did Catherine Cookson dirty by cosplaying working class in a 🔺 suede biker jacket which cost nearly as much as the true cost of a hand-knitted shawl in the year of our slop 2022.

Pink Wiki x 2 is your essential reading at the top of the page for newcomers, no swears in your thread title nominations and try to hold off until p35 or later.
@Hollaaa is that genius!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Fraus, we are on holiday for a week and I regret to inform you that Mr Beacon has purchased Tin Can't Cook for his Kindle and plans to regale me with His Thoughts on her terrible cooking. We are both quite keen cooks and even more keen eaters, and it's an interesting exercise to talk through what's wrong with bad recipes and how they could be improved
As it will be a verified purchase, I hope he leaves a review!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I think I may have said Jack Monroe one too many times and summoned something awful. Anyway, if you don't fancy a roast today I've just been offered up this monstrosity over on my Instagram feed. Reminded me of Jack for some reason. I've seen it so you all have to see it too. Happy Sunday, ninnies!

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
I think I may have said Jack Monroe one too many times and summoned something awful. Anyway, if you don't fancy a roast today I've just been offered up this monstrosity over on my Instagram feed. Reminded me of Jack for some reason. I've seen it so you all have to see it too. Happy Sunday, ninnies!
What the actual duck is that?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Fraus, I have a hard time posting here because I'm always behind. I gave her money through PayPal which I will never see again. I'm a soft person who believes in others hardships online, until this. I feel utterly conned and listening to JM's testimonials only cements that. I want my money back which never happened, let's face it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 135
What the actual duck is that?
I think it's those frankfurters that come vacuum packed in plastic, sliced not quite through to create a slot which you then fill with mince, and then fry. It is not clear if there is anything else in the mince, barring a meagre sprinkling of black pepper.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
As someone who has cooked Three Tin Tender from that “book” I can confidently state that it is not redeemable.

• Haha
Reactions: 82
I think it's those frankfurters that come vacuumed in plastic, sliced not quite through to create a slot which you then fill with mince, and then fry. It is not clear if there is anything else in the mince, barring a meagre sprinkling of black pepper.
I feel sick. Frankfurters are the anti meat; and I say that as a vegetarian

Reactions: 27
We learned that chicken porridge is ideal to make when you're depressed, requiring an hour and a half plus two pans to make, putting cold oil onto cold chicken to start browning it then boiling it for an hour, and no salt. Yummy yummy please can I have some more?? :sick:
Oh and Jack has been softly, gently campaigning for UBI for a decade.
The words 'unctious', 'mouthfeel', and 'moist' in ONE single piece of writing should be considered a Crime against Humanity. At the very least!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
I feel as though I’ve been using the 🤢 reaction far too much lately, but between the chicken porridge and that frankfurter monstrosity, it’s a pretty accurate representation of my face 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.