Jack Monroe #404 Stick to washing spaghetti love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One question. Why did mamaH send Jack a photo of the Sunday potatoes in the first place?
Probably a group WhatsApp and of course our hero has to copy it the Twitter for her pals to see, make a story, and start an argument. Exactly what mamaH would have wanted of course.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
Those are actually proper scummy comments, what the actual duck is wrong with these people that they think this is okay?
Well as the saying goes, you can judge people by the company they keep, the comments club are hand picked by thumberlina, says it all

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I much prefer lemon to chocolate cake but I confess my one issue with lemon drizzle is it’s propensity to look, well, a bit
spunky
7DF285EC-10A9-445C-8E58-B780D0DD1954.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Screenshot 2022-09-26 00.29.59.png

England is now an international laughing stock because a man disparaged some awful roast potatoes on Twitter. The flying morons are on fire tonight.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 96
This is coing from a woman who told a man with learning disabilities to duck off.

And if mummy is such a warrior etc how come she didn't notice her daughter and her tiny grandson were living in dire poverty for two years? Didn't she notice her grandson's too small shoes, or Jack's collar bones jutting through her shabby jumper. Surely someone would have mentioned seeing Jack trudging through to the rain with her small boy and leaky shoes to beg for work.

Most remiss of her, and not very saintly.
I don’t think I’ll ever get past the fact that she has a very, very well-to-do family and they were there all the time throughout The Poverty™️. (As well as SB’s paternal family.)

I feel so duped, she is shameless.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
To tempt her out the crappy bungalow perhaps? “Come out ye smol pixie alls well potatoes all for all and not ye desiccated and dehydrated! Nay! Perish the thought! Whole and angular antislop potato technology exists!”

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Jack, the secret to yorkshire puddings is being able to cook and knowing there are some rules. 1- Bread flour has the gluten to get the big ones. 2. Put your batter in the fridge. 3.Make sure your oil is hot. Its really not hard. They shouldn;t be failing. You are an expert food writer and they really shouldnt.
I'm going to try the bread flour tip. Never been able to make decent Yorkies over here for some reason, which causes great sadness indeed. They were always great in England, even with a genuinely crap oven.

Reactions: 23
The constant references to death from the FM’s is disturbing, but okay because it’s not Jack (apparently) being threatened.
I hope that the Patreon refund received by squig sets a precedent. Jack was probably losing her tit last week because Patreon probably contacted her to tell her about the claim and that they had granted the refund.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
I don’t think I’ll ever get past the fact that she has a very, very well-to-do family and they were there all the time throughout The Poverty™️. (As well as SB’s paternal family.)

I feel so duped, she is shameless.
Well, a number of major broadcasters & media outlets, plus Mom and other celebs, her Agents, Publishers, friends, lovers and family are or were ‘duped’, too. And they’ve met her.

There wasn’t enough routine scrutiny of her origin story, especially in the early days, and I imagine that each journo that spoke to her assumed that due diligence had been done by someone before. Plus, the majority are middle class (minimum) and likely didn’t want to be thought of as nasty/uncaring/right-wing etc for not wholeheartedly lapping up the tale of woe. They probably felt good & worthy in highlighting how the poors bravely cracked on and thought they were being kind, charitable and inclusive in covering her story.

The other factor is that Jack is cunning and manipulative. Massively so. I find it darkly fascinating. It’s a reason why I’m here.

So, the ‘duping’ has been a massive effort. A very successful one - until now. The canal seniors were way ahead of the curve in seeing the truth and they deserve all the chapeau’s & perfect roast spuds ❤

My heart goes out to any Frau that feels duped; especially those who gave money to Jack. Thank you to the new dear hearts who’ve shared their stories these last few days and like many others have said (way more eloquently than I can) no-one here is laughing at you or thinks you’re stupid.

You’re good, kind people who think the best of others and want to help them and that’s something that is alien to Jack. She can’t buy that (or find it in a puddle).

Now duck off x

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.