Jack Monroe #404 Stick to washing spaghetti love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am apologising for the intensity of my feelings over the Yorkshire puddings. I appreciate that my posts this afternoon may have indicated some form of distress but I just felt such a strong urge after the instagram post and then I realised with the recipe that its just a novelty recipe for the guardian readers who think she is not full of tit and I feel foolish. But yorkshire puddings are quite hard to get wrong I find and I dont quite understand how noone has taught this woman how to cook and she is on her ninth book. I appreciate it is not my place. Am going to drink some tea now.
No one has taught her how to cook because she refuses to be taught. She knows it all, has completed everything (mate), her maverick pixie brain can simply come up with recipes without any need for actually understanding the nuts and bolts of cooking or even what actually tastes good.

Reactions: 56
Do I want to know who Sophie Cochran is or should I just remain in blissful ignorance? 🤔
I'm not asking for an answer, I'm just wondering to myself...

If I could go back in time and erase ever having any knowledge of jack, I would..

It's a Pumble of a quagmire so it is.
Sophie Corcoran is right-wing, attention-seeking, ignorant, offensive, face-tuning horror. They are bleeping made for each other

Reactions: 28
I often wonder how she's made it through a decade of being marketed as a celebrity chef without actually being able to cook. That is a requirement of the job, yes, even if you're a budget chef. And ideally to be able to make something more appetising than horse jizz lasagne or "Sticky Poo" pudding

• Heart
Reactions: 40
@Vinbisha re. invisalign I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought her teeth looked a little less crowded than usual in the £300 All Saints jacket pic (noticed because I've been thinking about it but not at a cool £3k)

Jack: Poor people deserve dignity and joy.
Also Jack: Poor people should just eat around the mould.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I watched about five minutes of the interview JM did for Tortoise (I realise this is old newSl). Had to turn it off because of her sneering, condescending manner. Definitely a narcissist.

Reactions: 26
I often wonder how she's made it through a decade of being marketed as a celebrity chef without actually being able to cook. That is a requirement of the job, yes, even if you're a budget chef. And ideally to be able to make something more appetising than horse jizz lasagne or "Sticky Poo" pudding
Because no one with any influence has cooked her recipes!
Anyone who has cooked them blames themselves when they go wrong. Any booker or presenter for any tv show or media experience she has had sees the recipes as being for ‘the poors’ so pitties her and never attempts to make them, they sensibly head off to bbcgoodfood.com or that man for a recipe, even the presenters don’t really taste the food.
The fact that she gets booked for any cooking slots (and that seems to be miminmal now) says a lot about the values of the booking teams in relation to their understanding of cooking and poverty.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I know I do this every time, but I cannot stand her bragging about those hideous roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings yet again. These are mine and what they should look like.
Screenshot_20220925-202430.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 147
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.